Unreal Tournament III Discussion *renamed*

Finally a game with bot support. Thank you Epic!

Now regarding online, I've heard Midway hosts dedicated servers, where are they?

I had two online matches, pure simple UT fun. Had missed it really.
But first one was quite laggy, the second one was fun but still laggy.
I need dedicated (official) servers.

And since voice chat doesn't seem to work (WTF), how do you send voice messages as in PC version?

I have no microphone but I know that in the PC there is a text-to-speech settings. Lol, really funny to hear the game/PC translate the text into speech, and very good to I might say. Perhaps same option in the PS3 version?

Some people are reporting that the new PS3 update fixed the voice communication in UT3. I personally have no idea as I do not use it. Seems hard to believe that the PS3 update fixed this issue though as I didn't read the PS3 update having anything to do with a UT3 voice com fix.

Some people are reporting that the new PS3 update fixed the voice communication in UT3. I personally have no idea as I do not use it. Seems hard to believe that the PS3 update fixed this issue though as I didn't read the PS3 update having anything to do with a UT3 voice com fix.

But you did read about PS One games now being playable through remote play, right? ;)

Ummm. No. but I can see your point if that was added in the 2.10. Would be nice to read (from Sony) if the 2.10 did in fact somehow fix the UT3 voice com issue though.

Edit:
In addition, WMVs will be supported, enhanced audio bitmapping will be an option, and most importantly, a Voice Changer has been added. You know, so 10-year-olds sound a bit more intimidating when they call you a "gay damn" or "fucker pussy" or some other bastardization (no pun intended) of cursing.
Possibly cool voice changer. Wonder where that is buried? http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/new-ps3-...gs-blu+ray-11-divx-and-world-peace-334704.php

Last edited by a moderator:
The voice changer is a feature that was a mixed blessing on the original xbox live I think, but this was in fact one of the officially reported features in the Sony update message. However, since it involves voice chat in the first place, and so there is likely new code, it's suddenly not that far-fetched anymore that this update would solve some of Unreal's issues with that, agreed?

Penny Arcade has an interesting commentary on the mod stuff for those that are interested in using those on the PS3

1st mod is out:)

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=593988

Epic Games is proud to take the first bold step in a new era! Today we're releasing the very first user-created content for Unreal Tournament 3 on PlayStation 3.

We're starting with a user-created map called DM-Shrine created by Thomas Browett, who goes by the name Setheran on the official UT3 forums. Thomas is a 23 year old graphic designer from Nottingham, England. He's been playing Unreal since the very first Unreal Tournament and he says he's enjoyed every game in the series. He made a few maps for the original Unreal Tournament but hadn't done anything since this one. He finds the third generation Unreal Editor to be very friendly and feature rich.

One NeoGAF user announced Q3DM17 map for tommorow!

7ycke54.jpg

:)

Ok... now we are talking. I bought UT3 to check out the mods. Took the game out after I finished SP. Perhaps it's time to fight again.

I got it two weeks ago. Impressions!

1. This the a "real" game of deathmatch unlike many may be used to on console.

2. The graphics are highly optimised and all the detail is put where it counts in a game of this type. It's not like gears-level performance all over a big level and lots of characters. It's that level of performance (and I dare say no more than that) spread out over the more complex playfield.

3. This game is ...in terms of features and content... a little "tight" for 60 bucks. I bought it knowing that there is potential for unlimited greatness with mods. The potential to outshine the value of Orange Box. Orange Box the multiple aa games package that I left at the store for this skeletal throw-back deatmatch.... Please keep this in mind while considering your purchase.

4. Note about the mods: They aren't "really there" until a late feature gets patched into the editor so users can shake the mods down for PS3. The memory card usage and unzipping itself is a doddle. I've done it.

I think the user maps are a great concept, my question is, if epic is having to take the pc code and cook it themselves to make it ps3 compatible, what's stopping them from just putting that content on marketplace for free when the game comes out for xbox? Is not like the users are free to just put any maps, Epic and Sony still have final say

No. The users can create their own maps to use without a middleman. It's just that the PC map creator redistributes some Sony supplied code, and they are in the process of clearing the paperwork with Sony.

In the meantime, Epic is simply doing the conversion for end users.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey this site ut3mod.com claims to be able to offer the mod in a form downloadable thru the ps3 browser. I can't get it to work! I have the memory card with the correct filepath on it but the download step presents a full green progress bar. It just starts at 100%and sticks there.

Maybe someone else can try it?

This game is a riot. I've kinda been playing it all day.....

I've been completly junking this game. Updated impressions:

- The servers are up and they are popping. Alot of people playing all gametypes at any time of day. Now that a few weeks have ogne by, DM servers are filled with SHARKS. Those who bruise easily should stick to TDM.

-Dedicated servers are going up hosting the new maps and mutator. Just now those with the new maps are starting to populate. So it's going good!

-Voicechat, for the time being, is kinda busted. Mine works... Everyone I have talked to has been exceedingly polite. Refreshing.

-The graphics have really grown on me to the point where it's near the top of my list. I didn't really notice until I could play and observe at the same time in a single player match. When the eye is tracking a target across the screen... the distribution of on screen-resources is astoundinigly good. Everythin has such an excellent expression of volume and distance that I think it catually helps me play better....

-I do as good with a controller as a mouse. wtf?!

i'm on the fence with this game, but everyday i'm edging closer and closer to buying it. i don't really have time to play online a lot, which is why i sold Warhawk. but it seems like there is little of a learning curve in UT3, and that if you're good at shooters (i'm usually pretty good), you will be good at UT3. ill probably end up purchasing it sometime.

Back