medal of honor: airborne
blackSite: area 51
turok
america's army: true soldiers
call of duty 4: modern warfare
timeshift
brothers in arms: hell's highway
left 4 dead

Judging by the fact that the majority of these FPS games are coming to the PS3 as well including Haze I think that if there is any other reason Epic is hesitating to release it on 360 soon other than Sony's effort to keep it as a time-exclusive it should be Halo 3.

Anyone got the LD on if it's running at more than 30fps?

I know Mark Reign said eons ago that the engine ran at over 40 fps without any PS3 optimisations.

You mean from E3'05 wher it was running on a CELL + 2x6800GT/ultra cards?

I think it was 45fps they said on the demo that took them about 2 months to convert to PS3!

Judging by the fact that the majority of these FPS games are coming to the PS3 as well including Haze I think that if there is any other reason Epic is hesitating to release it on 360 soon other than Sony's effort to keep it as a time-exclusive it should be Halo 3.

The majority of those FPS games aren't called Halo 3. After goldeneye64 both Halo 1 & 2 are the best selling FPS games, ever. I would want to go up against that, if i also offered a sci-fi FPS game.

Either that, or paid exclusive.

I don't see much point in paying for it thought, the hardcore croud will play it on PC, and i don't believe this title is mainstream\hyped up enough to move a lot of consoles, if its only timed.

The majority of those FPS games aren't called Halo 3. After goldeneye64 both Halo 1 & 2 are the best selling FPS games, ever. I would want to go up against that, if i also offered a sci-fi FPS game.

Either that, or paid exclusive.

I don't see much point in paying for it thought, the hardcore croud will play it on PC, and i don't believe this title is mainstream\hyped up enough to move a lot of consoles, if its only timed.

Thats why I said it should be Halo 3 and not the number of FPS games coming on it

there were a lot of gameplay shots in the trailer shown at e3.
Is it the one shown at the conference? It doesn't say it's PC or PS3, I'd like to watch a cam footage of gameplay at a PS3 kiosk.

h-103_75079_unreal.jpg.jpg

well, it was shown at the Sony conference, and looking at the trailer, you can definitely tell the gameplay clips were with a gamepad, not kb/m.

i would also like to see some cam clips from the demo, but i don't think there are any.

well, it was shown at the Sony conference, and looking at the trailer, you can definitely tell the gameplay clips were with a gamepad, not kb/m.

i would also like to see some cam clips from the demo, but i don't think there are any.

I am shure I read that UT3 was demonstrated on the PS3, there is even a video at gametrailers.

Sorry to be a lazy man, you mean Gamespot? I couldn't find anything at GT yet. Meanwhile Gamespot uploaded the demo video and interview :smile:

http://www.gamespot.com/video/928117/6174745/unreal-tournament-3-stage-demo
http://www.gamespot.com/video/928117/6174965/unreal-tournament-3-video-feature-2008

No problem, here it is (well hidden in gamterailers!). Other sites link to this video and say it is from PS3 and there may be other videos but I am having trouble navigating in gametrailers right now. :)

Edit: Foolish me this was not a video of E3'07 recorded gameplay but a promotion trailer, sorry! :oops:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21491.html?type=wmv

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't "exclusive" imply it's not being released on any other platform? Because I'm pretty sure it was developed for PC first.....Actually I'm positive.

Doesn't "exclusive" imply it's not being released on any other platform? Because I'm pretty sure it was developed for PC first.....Actually I'm positive.

What I have heard it is time exclusive not exclusive only for PS3. Maybe somebody else has more concrete info?

What I have heard it is time exclusive not exclusive only for PS3. Maybe somebody else has more concrete info?

You got me. What I do know for a fact is the initial videos showcasing UT3 predated PS3's very existence by months. Upon further inspection the first UT3 related video, which is a developer interview and back then it was still called Unreal Tournament 2007, dates back to 2005.

when MS and Sony say "exclusive" they mean its not on the competitors console, they don't count the PC as a platform. UT3 isn't an exclusive, its only a timed exclusive.

when MS and Sony say "exclusive" they mean its not on the competitors console, they don't count the PC as a platform. UT3 isn't an exclusive, its only a timed exclusive.

What? That to me sounds like a silly technicality. I'll bet when they release it, they'll stamp a nice "only on playstation 3" stamp on the box.

This isn't a personal attack directed towards you, but how isn't the PC considered a platform? Because it's more than 400 dollars or more the fact that it has a broader scope of utilities :rolleyes:

Who writes these rules anyway?

Back