Super Mario Galaxy trailer and pics!

smg1rxj7.jpg

smg2rfq8.jpg

smg3rtj5.jpg

smg4rjc0.jpg

smg6rgi9.jpg

Trailer download!!!

http://press.nintendo.com/e32007/gameplay_videos/SMG _broll_FINAL.zip

The more I see video and images from this game, the more I am reminded of Super Paper Mario, except its on crack, LSD and other drugs.

This should be an absolute blast.
The spatial awareness of the game, the 3d depth that you actually play at, etc.

Whereas most FPS are 3D, they bring the far objects to you as you move, this 3d spatial awareness totally opens the doors for new gameplay.

Kind of reminds me of a test I took to goto work for Lucent Technologies.
It was the 3d shape folded flat test, I use to wonder what that was really for until I went to work and saw people standing up tracing a phone call route in the air (and minds).

I can't wait to get my hands on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regardless of the resolution and aliasing, this may be the best-looking game of this generation! AND it'll be running at a steady 60fps. It continues to make me say "Wow!"

Wow. This game looks so hot. Let this put to rest all those people who think the Wii will be relegated to sub-PS2 graphics. :LOL:

ur kidding right
No. Having a clear idea of what I expect of all 3 consoles based on their specs and what's so far been made for them, I think Mario Galaxy comes closest to delivering the maximum potential of its console. Plus I love the IP, which is being displayed with a fantastic new art style, and appears to be consistent in its high degree of polish. The ONLY complaint I have is about the resolution and inherent aliasing and shimmer.

No. Having a clear idea of what I expect of all 3 consoles based on their specs and what's so far been made for them, I think Mario Galaxy comes closest to delivering the maximum potential of its console. Plus I love the IP, which is being displayed with a fantastic new art style, and appears to be consistent in its high degree of polish. The ONLY complaint I have is about the resolution and inherent aliasing and shimmer.

Of course this looks great for the Wii. But you said best looking title of this generation, which simply isn't true.

Of course this looks great for the Wii. But you said best looking title of this generation, which simply isn't true.
It's my opinion, which means it's true to me. I've got all 3 consoles, and when I look at games on or coming to the 360 and PS3, I see more stuff to complain about than I do in Mario Galaxy. There's truly very little I could hope for them to do to improve the looks of the game. You can throw up all the checklist features you'd like to see them throw in, but you won't convince me of otherwise.

I liked seeing this game in motion, but these screenshots make me cringe. I'm curious to how the gameplay will turn out, as it certainly looks promising. I just wish you could skin the game in a few different configurations. That would be a masterstroke, imho, and make Mario palatable for a(t least a slightly) larger audience. ;) Even a Disney version with Aladin as the main character and an Arabian fantasy style theme would have been nicer in this regard, imho.

Too bad there isn't stronger push for graphics in Wii publishers community as the console certainly can put some beautiful images. :) If the game will be really something like Super Mario 64 in terms of evolving genre and games in general as Reggie described it yesterday, I even might buy Wii.;)

I'm a pretty strong advocate of the visual quality of this title..

I really love the visual style, the use of effects and the smooth, high poly models which contribute to quite an impressive package..

I'd REALLY like to know how they doing their per-pixel rim-lighting..

It doesn't look like falloff because it doesn't seem to be consistent across the whole of each model/appears to be directional but i'm not sure..

Looks pretty overall though..

Best use of the Wii hardware to date..

Whereas most FPS are 3D, they bring the far objects to you as you move, this 3d spatial awareness totally opens the doors for new gameplay.

Gameplay that Ratchet and Clank introduced four years ago with Going Commando. Of course, Nintendo came up with it first, because that's just how they roll. :D

Link
Link
Link
Link
Video

I'm joking, of course, but RaC is the first thing I thought when I saw the debut Mario Galaxy trailer.

I am extremely excited for this game (it is a Mario game afterall) but I have a feeling that the camera is going to be an even bigger b!tch than ever.

I am extremely excited for this game (it is a Mario game afterall) but I have a feeling that the camera is going to be an even bigger b!tch than ever.

But by making the game take place mostly on smallish spherical objects, they've eliminated the camera problem. I suppose you always see the problems you want to see...

Back