Matrix Revolutions blows - SPOILER WARNING

John Reynolds said:
Natoma said:
Oh come now Joe. I don't have a stick stuck *that* far up my ass. ;)

:LOL:

No, but I bet something else has been stuck up there. . . . Hmm, I think I'll stop now while I'm ahead. :devilish:

Not quite a stick, but a twig and berries?

/one joke too far.

You guys are seriusly evil and I thought we were talking about The Matrix.

Now let me try to post something relevant to the topic. Damn can't think of anything.

Carry on with ya bad Carry On type jokes.

They never should have made a sequel, let alone two, to the original Matrix. They were destined to be utter crap from the time they were announced. When I feel like watching the Matrix again, I'll just watch the first one, not the sequel(s).

Nagorak said:
They never should have made a sequel, let alone two, to the original Matrix. They were destined to be utter crap from the time they were announced. When I feel like watching the Matrix again, I'll just watch the first one, not the sequel(s).

Uhm, The Matrix was conceived of as a trilogy from the get go. Seems like someone made up their mind about the films before even seeing them. :rolleyes:

Natoma said:
Nagorak said:

Uhm, The Matrix was conceived of as a trilogy from the get go. Seems like someone made up their mind about the films before even seeing them. :rolleyes:

Indeed. It wasn't Matrix 2. It was Matrix Reloaded. If you expected Matrix 2, you were disappointed--if you didn't, you realized that it's better than the first one in a lot of ways but worse as well. The "newness" that was Bullet Time is gone; the whole idea of the One is gone. He can stop the Agents, but then what? That's why if you expected Matrix 2, then you didn't like it. Matrix Reloaded fleshes out the world and leads in a totally opposite direction. Pacing was crappy, but that's true of every middle movie in a series.

Tis true. People had the same complaints about Empire Strikes Back when it came out. They said it was terrible, poorly paced, too much dialogue, not enough action. :rolleyes:

Funny that it also turned out to be arguably the best of the original trilogy. heh.

Heh, Empire IS the best of the original trilogy.

What scares the pants off of me is that in 20 years, we might look back on The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Cardboard Jedi Shenanigans as great moments in the history of cinema.

Well the first time I saw empire I didn't think it was paced badly :-?

Anyway I saw this a couple of days ago and I didn't think it was amazing. I practically fell asleep in the first part as nothing was happening, no real story, and no action just people looking and sometimes wibbling to each other. The film only really started to get decent when they went off to get the keymaker.

Should have been a 1 1/2 hour film imo, would have fitted much better rather than put in an hour of extra rubbish trying to cash in on the thinky thinky crap that the first film spawned. Rather than let it be like the first one where people who wanted to think about life and choice etc, could have their thoughts provoked by the story itself, this one seemed to try and force it with specific parts of the film and boring the hell out of anyone who just went to see a good if slightly unbelievable story with decent action sequences and a fun film in general.

As for whether they intended it to be a trilogy I'm not sure, they certainly made the first one a stand alone film to the point where adding extra story on was pretty tricky. The original just stands well enough on its own to suggest they didn't intend a trilogy.

One things for certain, with the animatrix and all the rest of it they're certainly milking the franchise dry.

After the first moment i sawNeo stopping the sentinels i thought that he had new powers.. then i thought, what if it was the ship (sorry don't remember the name) that took the sentinels down? (the one who picked up Neo and the others)

Bambers said:
Should have been a 1 1/2 hour film imo

I know what you're saying, but they had talked Zion up so much in the previous movie, and Zion plays such a major role in Reloaded, that they had to show it sometime during the trilogy. I don't see how they could have escaped that necessity. Better to get it out of the way early, and then have non-stop action from 30 minutes into Reloaded all the way through the end of Revolutions.

Ahem.

Natoma said:
Suffice it to say, I was not going in with good feelings about this film, considering all the reviews I've read that were negative and people that walked out saying they didn't like this and like that. But when I started looking at the film in context with the first matrix, and really examining what is behind the philosophies of the entire matrix universe, I realized how deep this film really is, and what the intent of the directors are.

So there. :p

Yes, I know you said that. Here's my "translation": ;)

"I really wanted this to be a good film. So despite any of the negative crap I've been hearing about it, I went into the movie looking for ways to "discard" or ignore such criticism. And that's just what I did. "

NocturnDragon said:
After the first moment i sawNeo stopping the sentinels i thought that he had new powers.. then i thought, what if it was the ship (sorry don't remember the name) that took the sentinels down? (the one who picked up Neo and the others)

Ahhh, but what if he isn't out of the Matrix?

Ahhh, but what if he isn't out of the Matrix?

Ahhh, but he is (or at least that's what Chalnoth has told the NV forums after he beat Enter the Matrix). Or he's kinda out of the Matrix. Apparently, he's out of the Matrix, but part of him (maybe the core program?) is still inside the Matrix, giving him control in both realities.

No, he's out of the Matrix. In first movie, we learn that Neo can sense the unreality of the Matrix, even before he is unplugged. Morpheus puts it into words when he explains, "it's like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad." So if Neo can sense when he is in a Matrix, and he does not apparently sense it when he's in Zion or the real world, then the real world is not another Matrix.

My theory is that Neo is the Lawnmower Man now. Neo's time spent in the Matrix has trained his mind to use more than the standard ~10% that most humans use, consequently he is learning how to use powers in the real world. Or something along those lines. His interaction with and hacking of the Matrix, plus his link with Agent Smith, have altered his mind in such a way that he is gaining powers in the real world.

My theory is that Neo is the Lawnmower Man now. Neo's time spent in the Matrix has trained his mind to use more than the standard ~10% that most humans use, consequently he is learning how to use powers in the real world. Or something along those lines. His interaction with and hacking of the Matrix, plus his link with Agent Smith, have altered his mind in such a way that he is gaining powers in the real world.

UGH! Where to start. First of that 10% of the mind business really needs to go. That was somebodies thoughts on the matter but they were proven wrong. As for what potential lies in the mind, well once we know more about it then we'll figure it out, but that 10% had to do with surface area.

What you propose would suck story wise. That's far too magical. I think when Neo first died was him realising the matrix isn't really real. So he was able to recover from his virtual death rather than having his body tricked into dying.

As for the sensing the machines, I think that's because he's in the Matrix or has some sort of remote link.

I think the architect was quasi-bluffing. The architect seemed like he was evading misleading but only slightly, it was all about control in the end.

Utlimately, it comes back to what the councilor said in the engineering level. We need them and they need us sort of deal and the choice of how much control one is willing to submit to. This is sort of Dune-esque where the spice was a crutch/control. Where anything once you're dependant upon it is a drug/weakness/control.

I thought it was a great movie and the effects in the trailer we crap compared to what actually happened in the movie, most of the rendering errors didn't show up.

Back