Too Human E3 '07 Trailer

I like the concept on this and it seems the team is headed in the right direction to bring the concept to completion, but there are are a few things I'd like to see fixed:

Animation:
When the pistol is fired, his hands and arms do not react AT ALL so it just looks like the guns are spitting little flames instead of hammering bullets (even if they're "hybrid, electric" etc, they should still have a reaction from the character firing them).

There are bigger fish to fry than this. One could always claim that being the kind of semi gods they are they should have to problem absorbing the kick back of a gun, but still it would be nice if they got it there.

The animation of the main character needs work. If he is to be some sort of futuristic Ninjagaiden/chowyunfat, he needs to move more convincingly in that role.

Exactly, this is my biggest concern right now, that the fighting animation for the main character is way too stale. I do not expect Ninja Gaiden stuff though since these guys are bigger and stuff and I think they would use more brute force than elegance but still the animations they had the last times they showed the game still needed quite a bit of work...

Im pretty sure it will be.

TH is sharing following similarities to Lair:
-horrible first showing (TH - E3 '06; Lair - TGS '06)
-"innovative"control scheme that might not work (still undecided)
-camera system that might not work
-clumsy animations
-very questionable art design (Laa-Yosh discussed Lair countless times, for Too Human look at this screenshot: http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/748/748783/img_4497365.html )

So, the list of similarities is pretty long, although controls and camera might turn out to be brilliant. The differences are that TH's story premise is interesting while Lair's story premise sounds generic as hell. And no one's actually hyping Too Human as even Xbox fanboys have plenty of other titles to be hyped about.

Similarities to Crackdown:
-horrible first showing
-is supposed released early after Holiday season
-very few people believed that Crackdown might turn out any good
-demo is supposed to come out before TH's release - maybe it'll be briliant and will convince gamers to itself
-Crackdown's animations aren't brilliant, either

We'll see early next year I guess...

Actually, Lair's visual problems are probably not a result of bad art direction, they're more likely the victim of having to put together a game in a far too short amount of time...

After watching the Gametrailers video review, I'm quite sure about this. There are things, elements, that look good, work well - but they just don't come together and they're ruined by the general lack of polish.

You' re right Laa-Yosh, Lair need probably one year more… and HS need also more time to polish gameplay… But Sony need "Games" for the "War" so they decide to send them like "cannon fodder"… so we saw the result :(
I don't think MS have the same game's calendar problems so I hope Too Human have no more pressure from MS.

There are bigger fish to fry than this. One could always claim that being the kind of semi gods they are they should have to problem absorbing the kick back of a gun, but still it would be nice if they got it there.

True, but Semi-gods or not, there should be SOME reaction. This same theme of little to no reaction to things in this game (so far) is what's killing it in my eyes. These guys should take a good long look at Drake's fortune to see how it's done. (scale back if necessary).

Exactly, this is my biggest concern right now, that the fighting animation for the main character is way too stale. I do not expect Ninja Gaiden stuff though since these guys are bigger and stuff and I think they would use more brute force than elegance but still the animations they had the last times they showed the game still needed quite a bit of work...

Sure size will be a consideration for movement, but the sense of mass doesn't mesh with what is shown on screen.

They need much better animators on their team and they need to give them enough time to do the job right. Otherwise, this franchise will be dead in the water.

I love the concept/story/setting though so I hope they don't screw it up, but it's not looking good so far. Sad thing is if the lead guy doesn't see it, it has absolutely no shot of getting better.

New docu-vid:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/114101.html

To be honest from the few clips shown in the background here it looks like the animations' *may* have improved..

The graphics seem to have been developed quite a bit too..

I'm still pretty optimistic about this game and thus i'm looking forward to getting more info and *really* hoping that SK have improved the areas which have so frequently been showing themselves pretty weak (anims etc..)

New docu-vid:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/114101.html

To be honest from the few clips shown in the background here it looks like the animations' *may* have improved..

The graphics seem to have been developed quite a bit too..

I'm still pretty optimistic about this game and thus i'm looking forward to getting more info and *really* hoping that SK have improved the areas which have so frequently been showing themselves pretty weak (anims etc..)

Thanks for the link.

Indeed, the anims may have been a bit improved even if ever oh so slightly.

But there was one sequense that caught my eye and usually I am quite bad att seeing details especially after looking at it only once, but this just went against the most fundamental empirical physics that we all take for granted, and that was when Baldur hits one of the robots from up to down direction, but instead of the robot being crushed on the ground or broken apart or anything expected it was tosed to the air instead, it was just strange...

Back