New Resident Evil 5 trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like they're very much sticking to the RE4 village pattern...

I love and hate* it at the same time. :)

*Because these sections were so intense...

I know it's been mentioned before but i'd be interested to see how the whole "rabid, screaming, sickle-wielding africans getting shot in the face by the STARS member" gameplay mechanics go down in the states..

I know they tend to be rather sensitive on these kinds of subjects.. (& by "they" I mean all americans, not just the african-american variety..)

I know it's been mentioned before but i'd be interested to see how the whole "rabid, screaming, sickle-wielding africans getting shot in the face by the STARS member" gameplay mechanics go down in the states..

I know they tend to be rather sensitive on these kinds of subjects.. (& by "they" I mean all americans, not just the african-american variety..)

Most reasonable folks will look it at as just a game about a zombie-plague that infects everything, but happens to be using an African template in this particular sequel. If no one complained about Spaniards they shouldn't complain about Africans. But I'll be damned if Jack Thompson and his ilk, or a politico trying to ge re-elected doesn't use this in some way.
-----

The game itself looks good so far. It's a next-gen RE4. What else can a guy ask for:D

Most reasonable folks will look it at as just a game about a zombie-plague that infects everything, but happens to be using an African template in this particular sequel. If no one complained about Spaniards they shouldn't complain about Africans. But I'll be damned if Jack Thompson and his ilk, or a politico trying to ge re-elected doesn't use this in some way.
-----

The game itself looks good so far. It's a next-gen RE4. What else can a guy ask for:D

Agreed..

Heck I'm pure african and I think it's cool.. (how many games do you know set in the motherland..?)

:D

Looks awesome, no doubt - and I will definately be picking this up when it hits PS3, but I got to say, for a Resident Evil game, I can't help but feel a bit underwhelmed with the direction they are taking the series in.

I'd much rather have a more shocking setting, less action, but more horror and surprise elements in the game...

If you download the video from the JP PSN, get the 720p version not the 1080p version.

1080p version looks like poorly upscaled crap with a lower effective bitrate than the 720p version.

It would be best for them not to pick a nation. I know they are going after the whole "Black Hawk Down" theme because the dev pretty much said so himself. As long as they don't name a particular nation they will be fine.

True.. Although I can't imagine too much of an uproar..

Army of Two pits you against Somalians and Afghans and is perfectly blatent about it..

So far I haven't heard anyone pick this game up on the subject of killing members of these nationalities..?

Is there a place where I can download a SD version of the video? My computer refuses to play HD videos and I am dying to see this :(

I watched the extended trailer at home today and it brought up a few points:-

- It's suprising how close the game resembles DR.. I know its the same engine but it just has a very eerily familiar feel to the way everything moves.. Plus i'm sure Chris is using some of the DR guy's anims in there!

- The game is visually stunning! Excellent use of lighting and animation, great motion blur, I watched the trailer a few times and it wasn't difficult to imagine I was looking at a trailer for a motion picture!

- I LOVE the character's facial expressions, the sense of emotion and character is captured so well it's pretty scary! It's really refreshing to see character's faced animated so well..!

- What the hell happened to Chris!!?? When did he get so hench!? Must have been pumping some at the gym in between exacting his unholy war against the forces of umbrella.. :D

Overall I'm very impressed and very much looking forward to this title when it hits retail!!

just watched the 1080p ext-trailer on ps3, HOLY sh*t the graphics is drool worthy. the lighting is beautiful and they hav self -shadows on every characters! the motion blur worked so great it really makes the game cinematic. the physics is nice and i really like the smooth animaiton. the texture on Leon is so sharp it's real. i really hope those are all ingame graphics.

I personally think that RE5 is more visually appealing than MGS. Particularly the use of light and particle effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back