The First Halo 3 Single Player Screens + Video! Rules=#369

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not even midnight here in the West Coast. How come some people are already online?

'Cause they're cheating cheaters... and they're making me envious! ;)

By the way, anyone order from futureshop and get this email?

As part of our extended customer service, we want to inform you that all versions of Halo 3 should not be played prior to September 25th 2007. Your game console will register the date and time that Halo 3 is first in contact with it and if this is prior to the official launch date, your XBOX Live account will be frozen.

This simply ensures that nobody gets an unfair advantage when playing Halo 3.

We know you're as excited about Halo 3 as we are - see you on XBOX Live !

Customer Support

Future Shop

I think they underestimate the lack of restraint Halo 3 fans have on this matter (myself included).

wow 111k now!
halo-6.jpg

wow 111k now!

I call shenanigans on that map, there's a dude playing Halo 3 in Japan. ;)

I can't imagine what it was like stress-testing their servers for tonight. I wonder how many concurrent users they planned for.

edit: it's up to 128000 already.

Last edited by a moderator:
MY GOD. I can't believe how GREAT this game looks. The lighting is just awesome. I was really expecting the worse. Pleasantly surprised. :)

Bleh, im stuck here at work while the rest of the world are playing MP or starting SP :devilish:

Hopefully my sister got my pre-order copy @ gamestop (I made her go to the midnight launch :LOL: )

*sighs* 6 more hrs till I get home :cry:

If it's so easy, why are there few if any games that employ such geometry for water deformation
depends on the game most games (esp FPSs) dont typically have large bodies of water (farcry is one cant really think of another), but if u looked at say lair in wireframe the water would look similar i assume.
true it looks like theres heaps of tris in that picture but i can tell u its ~100k or maybe only half that, which true is a big number until u think that games are now pushing tri counts in the millions per frame.
sending a bucket load of triangles is easy if they all have the same material (like the water in this picture)

I have brought it home and played it for a few minutes.

I dont like it.

OK, maybe that's being a little harsh, but these guys are like the Matrix directors. They cannot seem to recapture the greatness of the original with part 2 and 3.

Why the hell do the covenant have to speak english now? That was one of the coolest little tidbits of Halo 1. The fact they talked a lot of smack you couldn't quite understand. It's just lame. Lame as shit.

Their sayings are dumb.

Bungie are hacks.

The game looks pretty decent, I suppose.

So far I'm shooting far away enemies the size of pinpricks a lot. You have to do that to stand a chance. It sucks. It's not fun.

I feel like other games like Gears of War have passed this by. Games now dont have a health bar. That's a relic. And basically, you duck behind rocks in this game..it's like cover in Gears, only crappier and less precise. A relic, again.

Oh and the touted music, is overly melodramatic. The first level already has music that feels like it should fit the last level. Just like the cutscene, Bungie is way too full of themselves on this game and storyline now. Hey, newsflash guys, it's not that big a deal. It's a friggen game.

Having said all this negative stuff, I am sure I will comeback with more positive stuff later.

Got my copy. Started up the campaign and did about 2 checkpoints. Then I had to screw around with the saved films and screen shot feature. Holy crap that is cool!

I seriously need some sleep now but after an AM meeting, I'm back home to check it all out.

Why the hell do the covenant have to speak english now? That was one of the coolest little tidbits of Halo 1. The fact they talked a lot of smack you couldn't quite understand. It's just lame. Lame as shit.

Well, they spoke English in Halo 1, too.;) I remember that when Grunts where surprised they always talked "They're everywhere" even though player was usually alon :LOL:

The grunts have always spoken english

In the first you could not understand what they were saying most of the time. A few phrases like "they're everywhere" being the exception.

Many of the words were actually reversed. That's what gave that effect of they were saying something, but you could not quite make it out..

Now it's just lame, loud, english.

And they say all kind of stupid, cliched stuff, too. "It burns, doesnt it". Or "He's dead" or whatever. They dont even sound the same, they sound like little boys now..

Ugh.

Grunts were always speaking English.
Elites were speaking in reversed English (so you didn't understand them) and I don't think Jackals and Hunters said anything at all.

And are you sure you're not hearing Marines talking, too?

This game looks amazing imo, especially considering the scale. Some of the marines are a little funky looking, but aside from that, I think the character models are really good. I'm also glad to see that there's none of that LOD pop-up crap that annoyed me so much in Halo 2.

Grunts were always speaking English.
Elites were speaking in reversed English (so you didn't understand them) and I don't think Jackals and Hunters said anything at all.

And are you sure you're not hearing Marines talking, too?

Yes. When the grunts grenade you they say in crystal english "It burns doesn't it". Stupid.

They used to have character and be hilarious, now they're lame.

Everybody keeps saying they always spoke english but frankly I dont agree. If it was english in Halo 1, it wasn't much. It was mostly unintelligible jabber. If it wasn't, name some more phrases they said besides "they're everywhere". There might have been two or three more coherent phrases they uttered, that's it. It was mostly jabberwocky. The way it should be. Not 12 year old boys yelling perfect english at me.

And the Elites are even lamer with the heavy use of english in 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back