Not open for further replies.
All aboard the hype-wagon! Amazon.com Video Games Section:

1. Halo 3
2. Halo 3 Limited Edition
3. Halo 3 Legendary Edition

And not a typo... Top 10 IGN Activity (on the lower right of the site):

toptenign.png

I didn't know IGN had a PS2 section of Halo: Combat Evolved. :LOL:

And hey mom, look, pretty graphics with no jaggies (when downsampled!): Very pretty. Some more:

http://www.xboxperu.com/foro/new/Halo32.jpg
http://www.xboxperu.com/foro/new/Halo35.jpg
http://www.xboxperu.com/foro/new/Halo38.jpg
http://www.xboxperu.com/foro/new/Halo39.jpg

How is Halo for PS2 on that list?

How is Halo for PS2 on that list?

A long time ago in a galazy far, far away Halo was a multiplatform title published by Take-Two I believe. MS bought Bungie and poof, all gone. My guess is that the activity on such old archives is people googling for Halo information and landing on IGN pages.

Can we laugh at the n00bs who come asking, "Halo is coming to the PS2!" Actually, sad sad day... I believe one of our very own here witnesses a Gamestop employee tell someone that :|

A long time ago in a galazy far, far away Halo was a multiplatform title published by Take-Two I believe. MS bought Bungie and poof, all gone. My guess is that the activity on such old archives is people googling for Halo information and landing on IGN pages.

Can we laugh at the n00bs who come asking, "Halo is coming to the PS2!" Actually, sad sad day... I believe one of our very own here witnesses a Gamestop employee tell someone that :|

No, it was worse, she tried to get the lady to pre-order Halo 3 for her PS2...

Looking at the Amazon list and seeing the HD DVD player at 9 and the Legendary edition at number 3, again brings me back to my one nitpicking item that the Legendary Edition should have included an HD DVD combo disc.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=83948&page=4 10/10

"And yet, hype machine aside, cutting through the crap about console wars and the like, what we find in Halo 3 is quite simply this - the best game yet in one of the best FPS franchises of the era. Better than either of its predecessors, Halo 3 still can't quite escape the category of flawed masterpiece - but this time around, the flaws are so minor that even the most churlish of reviewers would be hard pressed to mark the game down."

It's getting amazing reviews across the board. I am really, really happy about that.

With Bioshock, Halo 3 and (hopefully) Mass Effect this Fall appears to be wet dream of every sci-fi gaming fan out there :D

1up gave it a 10 also. Good to see it doing so well after some of the doubts expressed, not necessarily here, but I certainly got the overall feeling that some felt it couldn't possibly live up to the hype. While ultimately, that remains to be seen, these scores are very encouraging

2D backgrounds?

So MP gets another 2.5 points? Retarted review.

"Your Warthog comes roaring out of a tunnel and towards a Covenant encampment then careens towards the open desert... but as you drive towards the background, you fall off an invisible cliff and die well before you reach the rolling hills beyond."

Is he lying? I thought Halo3 has free movement environments? He is saying background is 2D picture, no? I have never played halo (I dont like FPS) so I dont know.

I have seen new HD videos and graphics are much better than old pictures.

I wrote a long post after reading the Ars "review" but it is flawed on so many levels it isn't even worth the time. There is a reason there is a thing called "reputable reviewers" at Gamerankings. The theater and meta scoring in split screen and system link (and ditto MP in those modes) etc... and the last time I checked "good graphics" was a good thing; "won't blow you away" is a response to hype, so you either are reviewing a game or responding to hype.

So MP gets another 2.5 points? Retarted review.

I dunno, they gave Bioshock a 10, it has no MP.

I haven't played halo3 or any halo game so no idea what its worth in terms of single player, but it is retarded to be reviewing only one aspect of a game.

Nice scores, about as high as you can go I suppose :) I didnt read any english reviews yet but a Dutch with but I do feel like al the 9.6 and 10 scores might be a little bit to high. The single player is short with only 6 hours (increasing to difficulty for longer play doesnt change the fact there apparently isnt alot of content in the sp) and the GFX arnt that earth shocking so the high grades pretty much only rely on the MP, which is fine but given the short SP and the GFX and 9 might be better. Than again, wheater you give it a 9 or a 9.6 either way its a great game.

I'm personally not much of a halo fan (it always got a bit of a B-movie feeling to me) and im not exactly great with analoge sticks and shooters so im not sure if i'll ever play this if I get a x360. Maybe if they release a pc version?

Nice scores, about as high as you can go I suppose :) I didnt read any english reviews yet but a Dutch with but I do feel like al the 9.6 and 10 scores might be a little bit to high. The single player is short with only 6 hours (increasing to difficulty for longer play doesnt change the fact there apparently isnt alot of content in the sp)

The reviews I've read said 10-15 hours single player, which is good for me.

Where do you hear this 6 stuff?

The single player is short with only 6 hours (increasing to difficulty for longer play doesnt change the fact there apparently isnt alot of content in the sp)

Most reviews are stating 8-10 if you are good, and 10-15 for typical gamers. One of my friends got the game last week and it took him 9 hours and 45 minutes (in game tracking FTW), not including the 41 minuntes of cutscenes. And he is a pretty good Halo gamer.

I think 8-10 hours is short. But you have to consider stuff like backtracking and the quality of the time. Further, 4 player coop (split screen for 2 player, and system link for 4) as well as meta scoring for the SP campaign allow room for replay, especially with the "Legendary" difficulty which is quite hard. And then there is the theater and Forge for those not so much interested in competitive online MP but want to get more value out of the title.

Halo 3 may be a lot of things (combat refined is one criticism that sticks out in my mind) by value, SP or MP, doesn't seem to be a fair one as it offers a bit more than the typical FPS does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back