The First Halo 3 Single Player Screens + Video! Rules=#369

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't even care to admit how many times in a row I've watched this. :) But man, what an awesome concept they used for these commercials. It may not bring in a bunch of new fans, but I love the whole idea of it being an "after the fact" documentary.

I hope they put up an HD version of Monument as well. I think I like that one even more than the Believe video.

Regardless, the main draw will be the ability to create and share custom gametypes online, even with custom maps and custom weapons. The creative possibilities are literally insane. "Even internally in the office we've already had people come up with gametypes. These guys that were playing it the other day came up with a way to play baseball," Bakken said. "People have hammers, low gravity, and everyone else has rockets. Basically the pitcher uses the rocket launcher to try to fire at the batter and he tries to hit it away with the gravity hammer." Unlike the saved videos, Bakken said game variants like these as well as custom maps usually take up less than 100KB, making them prime for sharing on Bungie.net.

:LOL:
Actually, that gametype sounds pretty fun, unique and original indeed. I'd ask joker454 for advice.

p.s. I loved baseball when I was a kid. Some mexican lads came on vacation here -a 40 inhabitants village- and they brough that sport to this forgotten lands. I never played baseball again after that summer.

I don't even care to admit how many times in a row I've watched this. :) But man, what an awesome concept they used for these commercials. It may not bring in a bunch of new fans, but I love the whole idea of it being an "after the fact" documentary.

I hope they put up an HD version of Monument as well. I think I like that one even more than the Believe video.

I have to agree, while I thought the first teaser ad was a bit lame (a teaser for an advert... i mean come on), monument and believe are really quite good.

They do a good job of getting you interested in the story.

Interesting post at GAF that quantifies the extent of the Halo product blitz by looking at Amazon video game bestsellers top 100. Here's what halo related products he found with Amazon sales rank..

1. Halo 3
3. Halo 3 Limited Edition
15. Halo 3 Legendary Edition
24. Xbox360 Wireless Spartan Controller
27. Halo 3 Special Edition Xbox360 console w/HDMI
53. Xbox360 Wireless Covenant Controller
76. Halo
83. Xbox360 Wireless Halo Headset
100. Halo 2

Most of these sell at quite a premium as well. The Halo 3 console is $50 extra and I think the only extra it comes with is the play n charge kit which is about $15. The Halo themed controllers run $10 over the standard wireless controllers, and actually almost $20 extra at Amazon, because Amazon discounts the ordinary wireless 360 controller to 42.99 (MSRP 49.99). And of course, the Limited Edition and Legendary Edition sell at premiums.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm...

http://www.megatonik.com/2007/09/14/clans-coming-to-xbox-live-soon/

I was looking through Halo 3 details on my Xbox 360 Dashboard and noticed something interesting. Under Halo 3 > Expand Your LIVE Experience > Online Game Play, it explains a few of the features. One of them stood out - Clans:

'Clans are one option for playing ranked matches. A clan is a player-created group for playing ranked matches as a team. With clans, you know the players backing you up are dedicated, and the players you’re going to face will be just as dedicated.'

Since it has already been confirmed that clan support is not built in to Halo 3, this must be a feature that is instead built in to Xbox Live - and there have already been rumors that clan support would be added in the next dashboard update.

Also: http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/14531/Halo-3-Believe-Diorama-and-Making-Of-Trailers/

Go behind the scenes and see how the John-117 Monument was created. Built as a tribute to the fight for our very survival as a species, the monument is a three-dimensional snapshot of the battle that defined us, and the hero who pulled us from the brink.

It's very cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
and the wheels are way too small....

the proportions in general seem a bit off actually, but I think it's mainly the small wheels that make it look odd.

Still looks like fun though lol

I heard he got halo 3 but you can't see it in the pictures.:cry:

as for the weta thing, I know some of the proportions are wrong but the 4WS immediately stuck out to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back