The First Halo 3 Single Player Screens + Video! Rules=#369

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halo 3 Preview & Bungie Interview: http://games.kikizo.com/news/200708/025_p1.asp

The game records footage from every single player, but far from being a simple replay of what that player saw during his game, players can switch off the on-screen display (or 'heads-up display' - HUD) and the user interface, detach the camera, and control it in pretty much the same way as the game only flying rather than walking, something anyone who's ever turned on cheats in a FPS will likely have fiddled with in the past. It's a big map, so we accelerate the camera and fly out over to the blue team's position before they all start to meet for a fight in the middle. You can pause and fast forward through the replay, and we see combat kicking off in earnest in this recorded game from an all-new kind of perspective, as the players get (or got!) their bearings and started grabbing weapons.

What's especially cool about Saved Films is being able to watch in slow motion. Frank knew in advance that something was about to go badly wrong for one particular player in the replay of this match, so positioned the camera on him to watch the carnage. The audio continues while you're freeze framed, and all the visual effects are frozen allowing us to pan around and see everything in impressive audio and visual detail. If we see a particularly awesome moment we want to capture, we can also capture it by pressing the X button, saving the screenshot to the Xbox 360 hard drive and with the option to automatically upload it to Bungie.net, where a gallery of higher-than-game-resolution screenshots are exhibited. In Campaign mode, user photos are uploaded to Bungie.net too - "I believe this is the plan," said O'Connor. "They are well-compressed Jpeg files so not too large, but the resolution will be higher than you see on this HDTV."

The clips also save the camera angle movements you chose, so players can show it how they want it to be seen.

With improved visuals over the Beta and all these new features, there's little doubt it'll be the finest online multiplayer FPS action to date - and the announcement of four-player co-op is a definite plus point. And singleplayer Campaign mode? We've seen nowhere near enough to say whether it will genuinely improve on Halo 2, but if Frank's claims are true, and the story really is as a satisfying finish as Bungie promises us, then we hope to be including Halo 3 in our favourite FPS games of the year - something we believe it should earn, not automatically claim. In a few short weeks, we'll have all the answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flamethrower!
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/812/812177p1.html

halo-3-20070810021014863-000.jpg

"If you shoot a pillar, the liquid in the flamethrower will adhere to it and burn there," O'Connor explained. "Likewise with the floor and with bad guys. It will cause continual damage to a vehicle. When the flames start to cool down and evaporate, it stops causing damage. If you're lucky enough to keep it on a Warthog, then you will in fact take it down with a flamethrower."
And a firebomb?

"It has a very similar level of damage as [the flamethrower]. It works pretty much the same way. It's very dangerous to get hit by one directly. It will explode and splash over you when it hits."

flamethrower and firebomb... I'm going to have a helluva time not being addicted to Xbox live this winter CoD4 and H3. :devilish:

Oh man, that's going to be awesome for the flood!

Hopefully the fire from the flamethrower looks as good as the fire seen in the E3 footage.

I hope the floods have a pop sound when heated with the flamethrower, ya know like popcorn! :devilish:

I had the wierdest dream last night. I dreamed i was playing halo3. And as always when I dream about games I was actualy IN the game, but at the same time I knew I was only playing a game.

Anyway it was awesome. Me, my friend and a bunch of mariens were fighting back a covenant assault on earth. First I sniped alot of them, then when I ran out of ammo I dual wielded a magnum and a smg and stuck a plasma grenade on an elite (in my dreams elites are stil our enemies, not our bff). Then the kgb showed up, apperantly we were in russia. But it was awesome, and I said so in the dream as well: "This is awesome! It´s better then sex. Better then sex!" I kinda hesitated before I told my girlfriend about it.

I had the wierdest dream last night. I dreamed i was playing halo3. And as always when I dream about games I was actualy IN the game, but at the same time I knew I was only playing a game.

Anyway it was awesome. Me, my friend and a bunch of mariens were fighting back a covenant assault on earth. First I sniped alot of them, then when I ran out of ammo I dual wielded a magnum and a smg and stuck a plasma grenade on an elite (in my dreams elites are stil our enemies, not our bff). Then the kgb showed up, apperantly we were in russia. But it was awesome, and I said so in the dream as well: "This is awesome! It´s better then sex. Better then sex!" I kinda hesitated before I told my girlfriend about it.

Virtual Reality CO-OP in HALO3 CONFIRMED!

CEO

It was more like the matrix. If the final game isn´t as immersive as in my dream then I´ll be realy disapointed.

Looks great. I count 8 brutes :D . Though the regular ones look pretty silly in screen shots, hopefully they will be less silly when they are trying to kill me.

I count 9 brutes + 2 grunts (including the ones that are dead). :D

I'm wondering what the heck that green thing is beaming towards the chief. I can't say I'm a fan of the brutes either; they look like American Gladiators. They just don't give off an air of intelligence or elegance with their design. :|

The screenshots are very very nice if they're not touched up at all.

When Bungie says "polish" they really mean it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back