The First Halo 3 Single Player Screens + Video! Rules=#369

Status
Not open for further replies.
1up podcast's John Davidson spoke a bit more about the visuals in the SP shown to the press being better than the trailer vid.

He said they were very good, and a lot of it was subtleties, like dust floating through the air and sunlight through the leaves and so on, that didn't translate to the quick cut video.

1up podcast's John Davidson spoke a bit more about the visuals in the SP shown to the press being better than the trailer vid.

He said they were very good, and a lot of it was subtleties, like dust floating through the air and sunlight through the leaves and so on, that didn't translate to the quick cut video.

Great news if true.:smile:

I just noticed! This grunt has no mask...

nomouthdm1.jpg

Hm... And in one of the bungie.net screencaptures, I didn't really notice the marines ... they look like they're pretty high in detail (despite me cropping/upscaling further):

marinesdx5.jpg

Here are some great screens taken from the trailer which I found on NeoGAF:

This game looks really great, I wish Microsoft and Bungie would have taken more time to show it off to the public :cry:

this game looks amazing and is seriously underestimated in the graphics department this week when being compared to other FPS.

I think we will find how subtly magnificent it is when the dust clears and we see it running in game play and eventually at home

beautiful

The problem is even the HD video looks really soft from too much compression I guess, then there are sreenshots like that are way oversampled so they look far sharper than anything we can hope to get out of the 360, and then there are the tiny shots like Inquisitive_Idiot posted which hide the softness of the video though downsampling as well. I'd just like to see some nice full quality shots or better video of what is actually running on the 360. At this point I just want to know if we are getting any AA and/or some decent texture filtering, or if we should just expect it to look like the beta in those regards.

this game looks amazing and is seriously underestimated in the graphics department this week when being compared to other FPS.

I think we will find how subtly magnificent it is when the dust clears and we see it running in game play and eventually at home

beautiful

I like some of the natural themed stuff and weapon effects, and I'm sure the gameplay is going to be buttery smooth, but the game does let down quite a bit in areas such as animation imho.

That "Forge" thing everyone is talking about.

Could that be a FRIGGIN AWESOME MAP EDITOR BUILT IN HALO3?
Halo3 beeing the last installment of the the series would offer a Map Editor, at least for multiplayer maps?

i mean it says FORGE.

That "Forge" thing everyone is talking about.

Could that be a FRIGGIN AWESOME MAP EDITOR BUILT IN HALO3?
Halo3 beeing the last installment of the the series would offer a Map Editor, at least for multiplayer maps?

i mean it says FORGE.

Forge is the name of the Marathon map editor. I think Halo 3 is going to have it.

I like some of the natural themed stuff and weapon effects, and I'm sure the gameplay is going to be buttery smooth, but the game does let down quite a bit in areas such as animation imho.
Perhaps the animation looks a bit iffy in places because much of the campaign trailer footage comes from saved films and is being viewed from peculiar angles.
The game looks phenomenal.

Some new details have emerged as the latest issue of EGM has made its way into people’s hands.

From what I have read, the FORGE feature discussed previously is a map EDITOR (not creator) of sorts that will allow you to change the position of items and things on the map, but not the geometry.

In multiplayer there will be both Elites and Spartans, each with their own set of armour permutations. New vehicles include, a flying human craft, a brute vehicle (not the chopper) and a mobile Human base called the Elephant that is similar to the Covenant Scarab. In terms of weapons and equipment; a dual-wieldable brute shotgun, a flash bang and new shield that only faces one direction.

Details are still pretty murky until better scans appear.

Is that pic an actual in-game play experience? If so it's the best graphic ever...Amazing!

its a bullshot, in terms that you wont really see Master chief outside of cutscenes (FPS shooter), altho if you play splitscreen or co-op, you could see another master chief, from the same angle.

It also looks a bit to clean, (dunno if Halo 3 sp will have 4x AA), anyways, add some jaggies and thats ingame.

I'm torn on the style.

I love sitting down to start a new game in Halo (1, please!) and getting off that damned grey ship and into the sort of fantasy, but not cartoony, exaggerrated, but not over the top landscapes. Now, with H3... the prospect of seeing that world painted with pin sharp textures and slathered with delicate lighting.....

On the otherhand, where it comes up short for me, and I suspect for others, is that it's somehow unsatisfying. Perhaps they could have evolved it a bit somehow. How, I don't know.

There's been alot of talk about H3 not living up to expectations, but how many of us took time to reallyconsider what it was we were expecting. Here is Bungie sticking to their guns with the style. Not getting all "dark" and "gritty" with it. Competantly apply 3.2ghz and a half gig of ram to the Halo aesthetic and you get what we see here.

It is kind of subtle, but I think viewed objectivly it stands up to the best of the rest.

The montage shown at the E3 conferance surely did it no favors, tho. The best qualities of the graphics seem to be revealed with careful viewing.

Wow.

Apparently one of the Halo battles is supposed to have 100+ characters fighting at the same time (the actual quote referred to it having more characters than the first level of Halo, which had 130 enemies and a platoon or so of marines).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back