The First Halo 3 Single Player Screens + Video! Rules=#369

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is'nt water suposed to reflect things?

Maybe they implement it fully before release, but I dont know. But the character in the water cast some small shadow/color reflection on the water right at the feets (unless it is the legs seen through the murky water)!

Edit: By the way anybody that seen the CG HALO3 video released this E3 noticed the similarity in design and form between the HALO3 capital ships in the air and X3 Titan's? :)

Edit: By the way anybody that seen the CG HALO3 video released this E3 noticed the similarity in design and form between the HALO3 capital ships in the air and X3 Titan's? :)

You mean last E3? They reused the same model from Halo 2 at the time.

well technically it looks awesome excluding the animation which is still at halo2 level (maybe the new motion capture+procedural system features are turned on yet?!)

Halo merely looked above average and for me it was a big disappointment. Killzone and COD 4 and even Mass Effect all look much better. I guess Halo 2 wasnt a massive step up from the original, but this was a pretty small step from the beta.

I would like to see footage of what Bungie showed after the Microsoft conference, because people seem to be in agreement that they should've shown this footage.

"Finally, and now I must get these cold eggs off my lap and go to the show, I was privileged enuf to get a private showing of Halo Wars and Halo 3 last night--and both were tremendously great. And I am no big partisan of the Halo franchise. (I played both Halo 1 and 2 and like them, but have the typical PC gamer bias of not quite seeing what the big deal is--other than Bungie's typically great storytelling and world-building.) But Ensemble, in this early demo, is making a GREAT case for a Halo RTS, with some very ingenious controls for the gamepad too. I'll hit this more later, but my first impression was a good one. And Halo 3: Yow! Much, much, much better graphics than in the multiplayer beta. This is what they needed to show people. First time ever I've been wow'ed by Halo's graphics. You'll dig 'em too when you see 'em."

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=8253565&publicUserId=5380367

The more I look at images, I realize that I was expecting more than this. I wanted the animation that we had in the Teaser. I mean a slightly more realistic tone to the colors, grittier textures, and great animation would make this game look great. What was passable in 2002, really isn't nowadays. I want to see a halo that grows up, make the monsters scarier, more vicious, make them move like raptors.

I would like to see footage of what Bungie showed after the Microsoft conference, because people seem to be in agreement that they should've shown this footage.

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=8253565&publicUserId=5380367

http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/halo-3/803303p1.html

Here was where we got to see Halo 3's uncompromised visuals for the first time outside of the multiplayer experience. The forest was a sea of vibrant greens, mottled tree trunks in varying shades of brown, all illuminated by multiple light sources shining in through the canopy above. The lighting in particular forced us to take notice, the effects drawing attention to the surrounding foliage.

http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1668/Halo-3/p1/

If you’ve got any qualms about the visual fidelity of the single-player game, let’s just put those to rest right off the bat. The segment we saw took place in a lush forest, where tall trees cut off a good deal of the sunlight and moss grew on just about every available surface. The foliage and textures looked excellent, as did the “god raysâ€￾ that beamed down through gaps in the canopy.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/act...clk=multimodule&tag=multimodule;picks;title;4

So how it looks is a question that's undoubtedly a question on millions of Halo fans' minds. Keep in mind that after some grumbling by fans about the graphics in the recent multiplayer beta, Bungie stressed that what was seen did not represent the final look of the game. Well, what we saw wasn't quite final, but the graphics were undeniably better and more advanced than those seen in the beta. The game pops out right at you. The visuals are clear and crisp, as well as bright and colorful. There's a lush quality to the forest gully, with lots of ground clutter and towering trees. Most noticeable is the almost lifelike sunlight poring through the forest canopy. Halo 3 makes considerable use of high-dynamic range lighting so that shadows look dark, but at the same time, sunlight looks almost saturated. The animations and character models are also well done. The Master Chief encountered alien brutes in green camouflage armor that looks really cool and plausible, and it's possible to strip a brute of his armor with gunfire or explosions.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/11/joystiq-impressions-halo-3-campaign/

Once the game popped up, we noticed that it looked, frankly (no pun intended) a lot more gorgeous than the multiplayer beta. We're not talking Crysis levels of photorealistic details here, but pretty close. There's a canopy of green trees overhead, and lush water and rock/dirt environments underfoot, and it's very well-rendered. You creep up on a group of sleeping Grunts and proceed to take them out (if you choose), all stealthy-style. Soon enough, Frankie gets spotted and it's an all-out battle against Grunts, Jackals, and Brutes against his crew, which consists of a few Marines and the Arbiter

Halo 3

Hello all! I am a long time reader - I guess it's finally time to start posting:

I fall into the camp of those that are not impressed by the visual impact of Halo 3. It is beautifully clean and crisp, with obviously vibrant colors, and a lighting palette that would make Illustrator Maxfield Parish proud. Although there are many fine qualities to the graphics, I just don't buy it this time around. The lighting resembles what one would find on an "E - Entertainment" Bikini shoot... The Chief and the Arbiter flexing for all the ladies back home... j/k. But my thoughts are pain; I take issue with the art direction. I am even less smitten with the tech side of the visuals. Technically, what it does - it does well. Although I don't see it doing a whole lot to separate itself from the masses. What I see is more candy-apple sunshine with a little normal-mapping on the side.

I don't doubt that the game will be FUN! But this is no game does not do anything excite the artist in me.

The grunts are certainly not cute anymore. :(

you think? Me still thinks
lolcatsdotcom73aak810zfilrz3d.jpg
everytime i see them.

Halo 3 Game Films

I didn't think it would also work in Campaign games. :D

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/12/joystiq-impressions-halo-3-game-films/

As you can probably figure out from the title, these are saved films of your played games in Halo 3. The cool thing is, they can be from either multiplayer or campaign games, can be saved, and you can also select your favorite clips from your films and upload them to be shared with others via Xbox Live. Pwn a warthog with a Spartan Laser and make it flip 47 times? Clip it out and save it. Snipe some from across the map? A few button clicks and it's immortalized forever ... or until your console dies.

:LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back