First Killzone screenshot/details? So says USAToday..

I figured that. But then I figured you guys just stole it from the Romans :p

Okay, okay. I'll commit the French version to memory for future use, and any Romans who wanna take up issue can go hang!

Maybe they're lowering AA at some parts to free up some fillrate? That's a problem EDRAM on 360 would have prevented.

But on the other hand you don't really want to lay down a fat G-buffer in the EDRAM and pay the price in terms of more tiles or more passes. I'd say KZ2 architecture is more suited to the PS3 than the 360: I see it pretty hard to port it over, I'd use a completely different approach on the 360.

Give us the World Cup… ;) :LOL:

Keep Mona Lisa, we keep the cup and Materazzi :D

It's fading gradually after being covered by an obstacle.
Maybe it's the feature? :)
yep
its a fine line trying to get that right, flares look better if u fade them out after time (could pass this off as afterglow :) ) the problem with turning them off instantly when Xnumber of pixels are occluded is u will often get nasty flickering off/on, because the camera or some geometry has moved very slightly causing the flare to be visible again. which needless to say visually looks terrible.
they could though decrease the fadeout time

Well Guerilla certainly owned me.

I didn't expect it to look quite as good as it did at this stage of development.

FPS is certainly not my forte but I might have to pick this up for the graphics whore inside of me.

Anyone think that its refershing to have an PFS in a bladerunner type of atmosphere (in terms of dark and grity rather than neon lights!).

Anyone think that its refershing to have an PFS in a bladerunner type of atmosphere (in terms of dark and grity rather than neon lights!).

Agreed..

Im a fan of the dark, gritty realism of the game..

It seems like quite a few around here aren't though.. Which is strange from some expecially considering they received Gears so well..?

I thought the Bladerunner atmosphere was dark, rainy and with lots of neon lights! :smile:

I like the art style.
Even though I generally dislike the trend of monochromatic, dark, gritty, muddy look of many of todays games that strive for "realism".
In Killzone 2 there still seems to be quite a lot of colour and contrast. For example the skintones of characters are a refreshing healthy red instead of the sickly gray that's in a game Resistance: Fall Of Man for example.
The explosions are bright and colourful, and generally there's a splash of contrasting colour every here and there in the game, even though the levels themselves are "gritty" and "dark".
More pleasing to the eye, and even good for the playability, that there's distinquishing colours in the game instead of varying shades of same colour.
MGS4, please add some colour too, I'd love you even more then ;)
Colours are nice, as are flowers and hugs.

eyes

Can anyone explain to me these pics?

4vgxv2g.jpg

Maybe I am crazy but I thought they do this because bright light is in eye after light goes off. If you have super bright flash at night in your eye it is in your eye after flash is finished. Maybe I am crazy.

If it were that, they'd float all around the screen in a trippy sort of way.

I think it is just an error as has been suggested and will surely be fixed before release.

Maybe I am crazy but I thought they do this because bright light is in eye after light goes off. If you have super bright flash at night in your eye it is in your eye after flash is finished. Maybe I am crazy.

That occurs when you close your eyes after a bright flash.. not while staring. Thus I'll conclude you're crazy ;)

by the way, the textures poor look has been confirmed to be a motion blur bug.

Honestly couldn’t people tell it was a post-processing effect (bug or no bug) rather than the actual textures themselves? Anyhow, the game as a whole in its current state looks beyond anything else I seen on a console.

Honestly couldn’t people tell it was a post-processing effect (bug or no bug) rather than the actual textures themselves? Anyhow, the game as a whole in its current state looks beyond anything else I seen on a console.

I'm going with Otepop's theory, they just don't know about shaders. We need more uber shiney surfaces - everything should look wet!

Back