First Killzone screenshot/details? So says USAToday..

Let's not forget that since the game isn't due out until next year, the developers can listen to all the feedback from these early glimpses and (hopefully) incorporate those changes into the final retail release...

As we all know, the "core" needs to be fully completed before any true optimizations can take place....At that time, additional (or regained) performance overhead coudl very well allow them to increase quality/polish/features...

Time will tell.....Looks great so far IMHO... ;)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170302&page=69

The above is to neogaf where they have some gifs of some of the "special" moments of the trailer.

The level of animation and ragdol coupled with what looks like real time dynamic lighting on the gif where the Helgast is being shot (and reacting diffrently depending on where the bullets are hitting him). The shadow behind is also matching the animation/ragdoll physics of the Helgast pretty amazing stuff.

The erm animation of the exploding head looks gruesome but great to lol!

Agreed.

If KZ2 lives up to the story/gameplay/AI (aka the total package) it will likely dethrown the Halo franchise and reestablish ps3 is the pinnacle of this generation.

I'm a bit worried in that regard. KZ was placed in a similar position, no?

I'm a bit worried in that regard. KZ was placed in a similar position, no?

Yes, it's called the expectation game. Set expectations really high and then heckle them when the game doesn't meet these unrealistic expectations. It's an old tactic and used fairly often.

Yes, it's called the expectation game. Set expectations really high and then heckle them when the game doesn't meet these unrealistic expectations. It's an old tactic and used fairly often.

Unfortunately that's simply the reality of where KZ finds itself.

Actually, Sony set the expectation themselves. Obviously, matching a cgi render is a ridiculous target, but they have done a remarkable job IMO. If they keep it up on other aspects of the game, I think they have a real shot at raising/setting the standard for fps console games.

Just saw the video, but maybe I saw the wrong one? It doesn't look as good as the COD4 video to me. Which link did you guys watch it from?

Just saw the video, but maybe I saw the wrong one? It doesn't look as good as the COD4 video to me. Which link did you guys watch it from?
I'd say it looks about as good as CoD4, but most of this extra wow comes from the brilliant scripted intro.

Actually, Sony set the expectation themselves. Obviously, matching a cgi render is a ridiculous target, but they have done a remarkable job IMO. If they keep it up on other aspects of the game, I think they have a real shot at raising/setting the standard for fps console games.

Yap... helps to build their vision, position and reputation.

FWIW, MotorStorm turned out great (vs the trailer) too. I didn't realize the game is that fun until I introduced it to two noobs (a 30+ couple). They now play the game almost every night and wanted to challenge me to it.

For KZ, I think they have enough foundation to do a great job. I am not that much into visuals, the next thing I'll focus on is the level design, interaction among characters (co-op ?) and with the environment (Weather and persistence !), and possibly some back story.

If all goes well, I will buy the limited edition if there's one (I never bought any)

COD4 was actually being demoed live and is gameplay. That to me counts more than any "real time trailer"
KZ2 was also demoed live, but it just wasn't shown to the public. there was also several glimpses of gameplay during the trailer. and again, CoD4 is coming out this year whereas KZ2 is coming out next year. GG said this is "pre-pre-alpha" so its still pretty early and to me it looks at least as good as CoD4 (maybe even a little better).

But they haven't released video or screenshots of it (closed demonstration of KZ2) or did I miss that?

They didn't, but the trailer features footage from the same level they demoed.

Rumour has it there'll be a demonstration at the sony conference, but we'll see..

The models look incredible. Anyone have any idea why the models don't seem to have many (and someplace look completly smooth) "jaggies". Is it FSAA or high pollys or both?

i think MS doesn't look much like the trailer, but it looks great in its own right. i think KZ2 looks closer to its CG trailer than MS and from what we've seen of KZ2, its in an early stage.

Motorstorm looks fugly compared to the E3 05 trailer. Less particles, worse textures and no GI lightning.

But it looks fantastic compared to everything else. And that's what matters in the end. You can't buy the trailer and play it, but in all the competition on all platforms, Motorstorm is definitely the best thing. Coyote Ugly or whatever the track is called is extremely beautiful with great lighting. The physics are very nice indeed, including the crashes. And the motion control for steering worked out ten times better than I expected - it got everyone I know playing the game, where using the analog stick would never have achieved the same thing.

Didn't the devs state that the game was in Pre - Pre Alpha stage?

I read it on neogaf somewhere.

I'm too lazy to look it up, sorry.

But it looks fantastic compared to everything else. And that's what matters in the end. You can't buy the trailer and play it, but in all the competition on all platforms, Motorstorm is definitely the best thing. Coyote Ugly or whatever the track is called is extremely beautiful with great lighting. The physics are very nice indeed, including the crashes. And the motion control for steering worked out ten times better than I expected - it got everyone I know playing the game, where using the analog stick would never have achieved the same thing.

Yes to appreciate games like MotorStorm, you'll have to play it. The hectic and wild ride is tucked in there nicely. :) ... but I have digressed.

I hope they do the same for KZ. It's not just about the visuals. They have to recreate the trailer feel in the gameplay, what they called the "theater of war". And yes, it's still early in development.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back