First Killzone screenshot/details? So says USAToday..

I expect the worst case sceneario - it looks good enough to get the fans raving; but not as good as the CG or better then any other game to satisfy the sceptics...
They certainly lost hair and probably volumetric smoke, but otherwise look promising.

More impressions @ Wired
http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/07/killzone-2-prev.html#more

media.jpg

^ PRE-ALPHA????
:runaway: :runaway: :runaway:

In what way is it doing the same as Gears?

The previews say "cover" doesn't appear to be a major part of the game.

I know you have to say something bad about anything PS3 related, but come on....

Huh?

I am just saying the same thing I said when Halo 3 was compared to Gears.

Gears has gritty close in environs, and 6-8 onscreen characters in most cases. Of course it has more detail compared to Halo3!

The same applies to these Killzone shots. I'm guessing it's very "gritty city" in locale, and you will not see huge outdoor environs. Just like Gears, this will allow them to max out the visuals.

I know there is some sort of ban on comparisons, but I dont think this post falls under that criteria, as I'm comparing different classes of games to each other.

My comment had nothing to with gameplay, only visuals.

The same applies to these Killzone shots. I'm guessing it's very "gritty city" in locale, and you will not see huge outdoor environs. Just like Gears, this will allow them to max out the visuals.

:rolleyes: Maybe you should keep your assuptions until we get more info on the game. KZ1 had both open and closed levels.

The new screens looks good, but just like most next gen games, really need to see it running. There's nothing mind boggling about whats been shown so far and to be honest I think this game got caught up on the hype train far too early.

Video incoming!

Supposedly people are downloading it from the Sony press center (needs password), which will mean it will spread rapidly..

Hey hey, it seems that I am wrong. Since no one wrote about anything else, I guess the event is indeed for KZ only. Judging from the reaction so far, I think the developers must have felt relieved, if not vindicated. I wonder what else Sony (and Nintendo) will show tomorrow.

:rolleyes: Maybe you should keep your assuptions until we get more info on the game. KZ1 had both open and closed levels.

How is it an assumption to say "I'm guessing" and "based on these screens"?

Good grief.

I could be wrong. Where did I give the impression it was a settled matter?

How is it an assumption to say "I'm guessing" and "based on these screens"?

Good grief.

I could be wrong. Where did I give the impression it was a settled matter?

Dont you think that assumeing/guessing etc etc is just a silly thing to do anyway based on 4 screens?

Back