First Killzone screenshot/details? So says USAToday..

Reserving judgement for more pics/vid. So far it is somewhat unimpressive... the enemy is too generic looking.

That said, the lighting looks good, models look decent, hope to see it in motion soon.

Edit: Sorry for the accusation / ot comments. Will avoid in the future.

Still, don't think it's fair judging this game by one screen shot, or saying something is generic if it doesn't suit your tastes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually the Helgast soldier is rather unique in today's gaming world. Hominid aliens and big buff marines have been appearing in way too many FPSs.

Its pre-pre alpha according to the devs.

Not really as they said they took that screenshot last saturday. Unless they are still in pre pre alpha stage, which I doubt as the game is supposed to come out this year.

Anyway, im not really impressed, 1 soldier, which doesnt look very special, a wall and the rest of the screenshot is just black. And the resolution is to small to see even those things decent.

Not really as they said they took that screenshot last saturday. Unless they are still in pre pre alpha stage, which I doubt as the game is supposed to come out this year.

Anyway, im not really impressed, 1 soldier, which doesnt look very special, a wall and the rest of the screenshot is just black. And the resolution is to small to see even those things decent.

The game is pre-alpha

The dev's confirmed this themselves..

The dev said "Watch the show to find out more". Someone should ask the question in tonight's presentation or the keynote. I want to know too :)

The dev said "Watch the show to find out more". Someone should ask the question in tonight's presentation or the keynote. I want to know too :)

I'm guessing the sony conference is when more info/media will come. The killzone conference is embargoed and locked down it seems.

And yet it's supposed to look better than anything MS is bringing to the show??

Pre-pre Alpha or Graphical Showpiece, which is it??

Why cannot it be pre-pre-pre-pre-alpha and look better than anything MS is bringing, at the same time?
More importantly who says it is going to look better than anything else?

Apparently this screen is of your character looking at a poster for the first game.

I don't know how true that is, but in a way it'd make sense...lower expectations before then producing something better on the day.

Why cannot it be pre-pre-pre-pre-alpha and look better than anything MS is bringing, at the same time?
More importantly who says it is going to look better than anything else?

There were comments in this thread how the timing of the KZ Demo (after MS) 'must' mean their confident it looks better than anything MS is showing.

I was just poking a little fun at that idea.

As for pre-pre Alpha, WTF does that even mean? Concept shots? Sounds like major ass coverage to me.

As for pre-pre Alpha, WTF does that even mean? Concept shots? Sounds like major ass coverage to me.

Pre-alpha would mean..not all features of the game are in yet. I think alpha means feature-complete. So, it's quite possible for a game to be pre-alpha, but also to be showable, playable.

Pre-alpha would mean..not all features of the game are in yet. I think alpha means feature-complete. So, it's quite possible for a game to be pre-alpha, but also to be showable, playable.

Scooby was asking about "pre pre-alpha" not pre-alpha.

Back