New MGS4 trailer at Sony Keynote (July 11th)

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Why would you be suprised? It is a senseable resolution to use on the PS3 if you want 1080 line output support, can push the pixels fast enough, and don't want to mess with custom scaling.

Anyway, I'm really dissapointed IGN didn't answer the vsync question.

Why would you be suprised? It is a senseable resolution to use on the PS3 if you want 1080 line output support, can push the pixels fast enough, and don't want to mess with custom scaling.

Anyway, I'm really dissapointed IGN didn't answer the vsync question.

Why not one of the many other resolutions like 960x1080? And why would you be shocked if it WASNT this odd resolution which one PS3 game has used?

In this preview I found this screenshot:
00555418.jpg

They need to figure out a way to make the ground look more realistic, thats just to bright and ugly

Because higher rendering resolutions produce better fidelity, and there is no reason to use a lower resolution when a game can run smooth at a higher one.

Well we have no proof at what resolution it runs at yet! And you're trying to justify that it's more likely to run at 1280by1080 because it can run at a higher resolution at 980by1080, yet it can't be 1920by1080 since this takes up too much resources? Where are you grabbing these magical numbers for the confirmation of MGS4's resolution?

It's all heresay - there's no evidence that it's anything higher than 720p - whether 980by1080, 1280by1080, or 1920by1080.

They need to figure out a way to make the ground look more realistic, thats just to bright and ugly
It's way too flat. There's no depth detail in there whatsoever. Either some parallax occlusion, or even just some rock models, are desperately needed to get over the last-gen floor look. Those stones bottom-right are painful to look at!

It's way too flat. There's no depth detail in there whatsoever. Either some parallax occlusion, or even just some rock models, are desperately needed to get over the last-gen floor look. Those stones bottom-right are painful to look at!

I know!

There are many things in this game that looks great graphically, but the ground just ruins the overall immersion for me.

I think that ground looks significantly better than previous screenshots which didn't have any kind of normal mapping at all.

Still, ground and sandbags are the two lows for the game graphically.

This MGS headset is more sexy though: ^_^

23hwokl.jpg

Now imagine the PS Eye VR kit on this thing with MGS4.

Hi, has anyone purchased a pair of these yet or seen any reviews for them? I have just ordered a pair which should arrive in 10 days or so but im not quite sure what to expect.

On topic, i havent seen any media showing snake pushing up to walls like what has been the main staple of the previous games, has this been removed? i hope not, MGS4 is looking more end more like Splinter Cell with story. For most i guess thiss would be a good thing but not for me.

I think the textures in general look low resolution and way too flat in MGS4. Maybe I've been spoiled by Mass Effect and Uncharted but I expected even better from such a talented team.

It looks stellar none the less of course.

Hi, has anyone purchased a pair of these yet or seen any reviews for them? I have just ordered a pair which should arrive in 10 days or so but im not quite sure what to expect.

On topic, i havent seen any media showing snake pushing up to walls like what has been the main staple of the previous games, has this been removed? i hope not, MGS4 is looking more end more like Splinter Cell with story. For most i guess thiss would be a good thing but not for me.

Just came back from Fry's, they have something similar but less classy running from US$199 to US$350. They are advertized as 5.1 headset. Most have multiple drivers (15mm to 40mm) per ear. I have not visited SonyStyle yet to try this particular model out.

Hay ShadowRunner, I'd be very interested in what you think of thes headphones once you get them. For anyone who's curious the model is Sony MDR-DS7000.

As for the other thing. I hope it's still in the game too. Being able to press up against the wall and then pop out from the corner to take shots was great. I'm glad they are simplyfing the controls, it was really necessary, but I don't want them to cut out stuff like that.

I remember reading some where that it been cut because nobody actually leans against walls like that in real life. Still I would hate to see it go. It has become some what of a trademark move for snake.

Pressing against the wall is still there and is done using the triangle button. It is written there in the previews guys.READ before commenting.:devilish:

I remember reading some where that it been cut because nobody actually leans against walls like that in real life. Still I would hate to see it go. It has become some what of a trademark move for snake.

You guys didn't see the live, narrated, demo? Its even on the PSN stores.

Yes i have seen the walkthrough but i didnt make a mental note of seeing it, i guess its a good thing he doesnt stand out :smile:

As for the Sony MDR-DS7000 headphones i have cancelled my order. After doing some reasearch into them it seems Sonys offering isnt as good as other solutions in the same price range, specifically "Dolby Headphone" systems.
The headphones in these surround sound sets are actual just standard stereo with 1 driver for each ear, the suround effect is created through the signal processing unit. I imagine they simulate the positioning of sound by the volume in each ear and the difference in delay of sound reaching each ear, plus a hole host of advance algorithms i should imagine. Makes perfect sense to do it that way rather than having multiple drivers, its your brain that calculates the possition of the audio you hear after all and it only uses stereo "inputs", aka 2 ears.

You can see some demos of Dolby Headphone here: http://www.dolby.com/consumer/technology/headphone.html all you need is a pair of standard stereo headphones as the audio in the demos is pre encoded.

I can see great potential for this type of tech in the future as signal processing becomes faster with more complex calculations, even if its not quite there yet.

I ended up buying a set of Sennheiser HD650s for £200 and am going to get a dolby headphone processor as a standalone for around £50-70. MGS4 should sound amazing on this :oops:

Sorry if ive gone a bit(lot) off topic but this dolby headphone stuff has really impressed me :smile:

Back