New MGS4 trailer at Sony Keynote (July 11th)

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Props to these guys, some pics from the PS Premiere 2007 in the last week

http://www.meristation.com/v3/des_a...8&idj=cw42893e02385df&idp=&tipo=art&c=1&pos=0

inicio.JPG

There is a demonstration today too for the Metal Gear 20th Anniversary Party event.

Wish there were better pics but I don't like the neon color they got going for the weapon seect / item select or whaterver that is. It's sticks out lik a sore thumb.

Maybe the shot is made an the exact time when gun was selected, and we see little colored "flash"...

If I read the spanish correctly then I think that right now the selection interface is exactly as it is in previous MGS.

None of the next generation games capture my interest as much as this single, significant game does... :oops:

Everything from the attention to detail, art-direction, story-line, animation to the perfectly done cinematic presentation overwhelms me more with every new footage that is shown. Way to go Konami/Kojima!

None of the next generation games capture my interest as much as this single, significant game does... :oops:

Everything from the attention to detail, art-direction, story-line, animation to the perfectly done cinematic presentation overwhelms me more with every new footage that is shown. Way to go Konami/Kojima!

Attention to detail has always been a trademark of Kojima's MGS series. An example that always comes to mind is something as simple as the melting ice cubes in MGS2, when you shoot a wine cooler bucket. If you can stomach the last gen graphics, you might enjoy MGS2 and 3 for the PS2 for many of the reason's you just listed. Though keep in mind convoluted stories are also his speciality (though I've enjoyed the plots).

I just hope that this is not his last game as has been reported. I would love to see what he could do with a brand new IP, and no restrictions.

inefficient said:
There is a Japanese version of the trailer on the JP PSN. It is even higher quality at almost 380MB.

The quality is actually visibly better than the US PSN one. And the voice talent significantly better. Even the grunting during the fight scenes is better!

I just noticed that the Japanese trailer is 1920x1080, while the EU/NA trailer is 1280x720. Both are AVC encoded MP4s.

I just hope that this is not his last game as has been reported. I would love to see what he could do with a brand new IP, and no restrictions.

He's not retiring and is rumoured to be working on a PS3 Zone of Enders game. His Boktai GBA/DS games are all well-reveiwed.

He's not retiring and is rumoured to be working on a PS3 Zone of Enders game. His Boktai GBA/DS games are all well-reveiwed.

This is good news if true. Are you sure about that though? E3 press conference reports (for SCE's press conference) stated the he said this was the last MGS and his last game. I'm hoping they misunderstood.

And people complained about Gears looking grey. :p

Joking aside, the textures (ignoring the ground) are looking sharp again. Shaping up nicely!

Back