The E3 Thread! Who will come out on top?

22psi

Veteran
E3 is just over a week and change away. I think this year's show is going to be fantastic!

Nintendo:
Riding much high from their out of the gate success of the Wii and continued domination in the handheld market with the DS Lite. I expect a ton of 3rd party games (not necessarily exclusive though) to be announced as devs jump on the Wii bandwagon. No price drop announced for either Wii or DS Lite.
  • Games of the show: SM Galaxies, Super Smash Bros, and Metroid.

Sony:
Continued growth of the PSP will be a strong suit of the show. I expect an announcement of a redesigned iteration. Call it PSP Slim @ 149.99. On the PS3 front, I expect some nice exclusivity announcements, confirmation that FF13 is exclusive, maybe exclusive GTA4 content. Expected price drop of at least $50 effective the week after E3 and/or game/BR movie incentives. Little PS3 sales talk this time but much talk of PSN. KZ2 will be shown and will look great, but nowhere near the CG trailer of 05.

• Games of the show: Lair, MGS4, LBP, HS, and possibly Home

MS:
Will be much talk of "leading the war", taking exclusive games away from Sony, will talk sales #s, and will talk about next evolution of Live such as IPTV and live anywhere. Will respond to any Sony price drop annoucements similar price drop. I expect a very solid lineup of games but the focus will be on Halo 3, GTA4, MA, and possibly Alan Wake. MGS4 to be the new tatoo on Moore? :LOL: XBLA to make it bigger.

• Games of the show: Halo 3 (duh), MA, AC, PGR4, and XBLA

So who will come out on top? Clearly the gamers! ;) :devilish:

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed, the gamers will come out on top; as far as which of the big three will come out on top however, my vote is for Sony. As incredible of a series Halo is, it can not compete with the combined fan base of FF13, MGS4, and Gran Turismo. Then there's heavenly sword, home, lbp, a likely price cut, and a ginormous killzone demo.

On the other hand, MS has some heavy hitters besides Halo. A good showing of Lost Odyssey, PGR4, Mass Effect, Halo wars, Too Human, Fable 2, the new rare games etc. will give Sony some great competition. A surprise (like, say, MGS4) will put them over the top.

Winner of the show will be the one to announce something not on the list that is very unexpected.

iirc, kojima didnt want mgs4 to make multiple e3 appearances (either that or im thinking of another game, but i think it was mgs4)

I expect (or demand) announcment of Silent Hill 5, WipEout and a new Turrican-game for PS3. :cool:

Oh, and i think Sony will make the most noise this year!
Besides all the great 1st and 2nd-party stuff they will probably announce a bunch of stuff about the whole PSN thing, the store will get a major overhaul so it can handle what sony has planned for it, gamerscore, the next Firmware upgrade and more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Winner of the show will be the one to announce something not on the list that is very unexpected.

Depends on what your measuring by, if we measure by forum post, if MGS4 going multiplatform is annouced that would win over pretty much anything.

For me the highlight of the show would be a sowhing of Fable2, apart from a small walkthrough of some of the vistas of the game it would be cool to see some fighting, and if the fighting engine has changed and so on.

As for the "winner" of this show, I guess it is totlay up to personal preference depending on the games you want to see and hear about and apart from some forum geeks like some of us, being the winner of the show has little bearing in "real" life, I am just hoping for a great show with lots of info and above all I am very curious as to how this new format of the show will work out...

I think Spore is getting delayed too much to get attention now... Thinking about it will just start pissing people off. :p

Hey, common, lets have a little patience, evolution is in a constant motion and takes millions and millions of years, what are a few decades here and there:smile:...

Hey, common, lets have a little patience, evolution is in a constant motion and takes millions and millions of years, what are a few decades here and there:smile:...
Yeah, but we're in the middle of the Cambrian Video Game Explosion, here!

and apart from some forum geeks like some of us, being the winner of the show has little bearing in "real" life...

That's what I thought..

And then the Wii blew up with a massive showing last yr, stole the show and turned a mass mindshare of dislike from developers, publishers and the press into the start of there global campaign for world domination.. :cry:

I believe MS may well be the ones who'll "win" this E3. 360 is getting a lot of great games many solid exclusives and it's still the leading platform in terms of sales.

All that money they've burnt so far must have SOME effect after all! :cool:

Wii may or may not do great I dunno. Last E3 it was new and exciting and many had never tried it themselves efore. Now they have and the novelty value will be gone.

If Nintendo has mostly/too many "casual" (read: overly simple) games with limited lasting appeal then it could hurt them. Then if they show a nice variety of software that properly exploits the xonsole's unique control scheme then they could do very very well.

I think it's either boom or bust for Wii kind ofthing.

Sony I dunno. They've been struggling so far but maybe now is the time of the PS3 igf they show the right titles. I don't even dare to make a guess at this time.. :cool:
Peace.

Yes I think MS will surprise alot. They have alot more to show at this E3. And there are some surprises as well. Mainly being a surprise from bioware and a price drop.

I think Killzone will "win" the show...no matters how it turns out. There's so much expectation on the title that as soon as it's shown I predict the internet will crumble in 500 internal server errors. There are as many people waiting to be blown away by it as people waiting for it to fail miserably and compare it to the infamous trailer of E3 05. Seriously I think it will be the most talked about game whether it delivers or fails horribly.

Back