BloodRayne 2 FSAA Patch

Just tried the HD textures, but it seems like only some textures get used while some are missing. Rayne skin for example is still not high-res. What am I doing wrong, any idea?

The rest of the stuff is working fine, AA, water reflections, specular etc. is all there. I simply put those two zip-files into the main BR folder and used auto config for my HD4870. The res is 1280x1024 (BTW is there a way to set a 16:10 resolution? My monitor is 1600x1050).

Oh and again, great work, the already nice game is so much more fun now :cool:

Just tried the HD textures, but it seems like only some textures get used while some are missing. Rayne skin for example is still not high-res. What am I doing wrong, any idea?

The game is divided in 4 ACTs. Only the textures of the ACT1 have been done & released.

The rest of the ACTs of the game will be released once i finish all the textures (i need more help).

The true HD Rayne skin will be released with the ACT2. I posted some pics showing the huge difference in my previous posts.

During the game, you can press F3 to toggle on/off the HD textures (this helps to check if they are working or not).

The rest of the stuff is working fine, AA, water reflections, specular etc. is all there. I simply put those two zip-files into the main BR folder and used auto config for my HD4870. The res is 1280x1024 (BTW is there a way to set a 16:10 resolution? My monitor is 1600x1050).

Yes, in 'Force Resolution' select 'Enabled' and enter 1680 X 1050 there. Then, select 'Force Aspect Ratio' as 'Hor+'. This will give you 16:10.

Oh and again, great work, the already nice game is so much more fun now :cool:

Thank you :)

P.D: The next version of the patch is going to be really cool. I'm adding a lot of cool new features like enhanced blood pools, enhanced aura vision, enhanced glass transparency, CUDA support, and i'm working in a 'volumetric fog' effect atm. It will be released with the HD textures of the ACT2.

Great, thanks for the tips, I'll try it when I'm at home. I am in act one at the moment, just reinstalled the game and finished the first level. Looking forward to the next update, keep up the great work! :)

Why Did I Create My BloodRayne 2 FSAA Patch ?

Some guys asked me why did i 'waste' my time with a game like BR2.

This is my answer (remember to click in view in HD):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60b7_FQKGao

You'll be lucky if you can enjoy so much a game like i did with BR2.

I recorded this vid for my personal enjoyment in May 2006. A year later, i created the patch.

Enjoy ;)

Nice vid, looking forward to those boss fights. Now if I could only get a better hang of all those special moves...

Oh by the way there is a little bug with your auto-config, the "resource" line doesn't get added to the config file so I had to add it manually.

Well, i have no time to work in this project, but there is 1 person working in some textures.

This is before the last summer (Left: standard, Right: HD enabled):

I have been adding some new textures that he has been creating, but, it's just 1 person.

A good friend finished long time ago the Rayne HD skins (standard & evening gown).

Sorry folks, but, i'm busy with life matters.

P.D: About the Windows 7 support, the new version of the patch is working nicely in my rig, but, this new version is not going to be released before the textures of the ACT2 are finished.

BloodRayne 2 FSAA Patch 1.6 + BR2 HD ACT2

Welcome to the public version 1.6 of the BloodRayne 2 FSAA Patch.

This is the final public release, the project is finished.

New in this version:

- Enhanced Blood Pools Reflections (with Perlin Noise).
- Enhanced Aura Vision (with Perlin Noise).
- Enhanced Glass Transparency (with Perlin Noise).
- Enhanced Fog (with Perlin Noise).
- 33% Faster shader programs (for the effects of the patch only).
- Multi-GPU CUDA Support (for the Perlin Noise calculations).
- Fixed some bugs with the cutscenes.
- Fixed some stability problems.

To enjoy the HD textures, you need to download the "ACT 1 & 2 Base Packages" from coopdb.

The new effects:

The ACT2 HD Textures:

More information here: http://www.coopdb.com/modules.php?name=BR2fsaa

Goodbye & Thank you !

BloodRayne 2 FSAA Patch 1.666

Welcome to the public version 1.666 of the BloodRayne 2 FSAA Patch.

New in this version:

- Fixed a rare issue with the HD textures not working in some cases.

To enjoy the HD textures, you need to download the "ACT 1 & 2 Base Packages" from coopdb.

More information here: http://www.coopdb.com/modules.php?name=BR2fsaa

Goodbye & Thank you !

Back