EA reorganises itself into 4 labels and two support groups

B3D News

Beyond3D News
Regular
Electronic Arts, leader in video games publishing, announced yesterday its decision to categorise its
main business into four different and independent labels, all based on the
model created by the Sims' team

Read the full news item

I'd guessing they want to make how fast they make games increase. since wii has such an uncertain future, they may be preparing for it by having a very diverse line-up not necessarily in quality, but in sheer size of the audience.

this might make casual gamers wonder if it's worth buying against a wii (I don't exactly love wii so don't think I'm biased) since that's the system that everybody seems to get if they can and there's not as many exclusives as there were last-gen for either of the higher priced systems so that route seems less needed. I mean, if you asked me a year ago I would have thought it would be stupid to have a specific part of the game company (EA Casual, EA Sims) look like it's content is meant for the wii but if you look at how things like wii sports, wii play, and other mini-game types of games sell instead of singleplayer types of games (ESPECIALLY this early after launch) than it seems like EA thinks it's worth to have it's demographics labeled by console choice. This is just a guess and I hope I am completely wrong.

Exactly what has Wii to do with this? I doubt EA split itself up for the Wii, not for that couple of Wii only games they have in development.

Anyway I dont see EA patch anywere?

Back