Wipeout HD [PSN]

Same thing here: i suppose it's a bug.

I think I figured it out...
Seems like racing with the team Icaras will turn off online ranking. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, since Icaras is a team you have to first unlock. On the other hand, I'd be extremely surprised (and disappointed) if it's done on purpose. It's not quicker than Piranha and whilst it may be a bit better handling wise, it has a lot lower shield.

There's an update online as far as I heard - I wonder what has been changed/fixed.

Anyway, 6 out of 8 leages 100% gold and most of gold in the 7th one. Now on to the last league. This game is so much fun!

I think I figured it out...
Seems like racing with the team Icaras will turn off online ranking. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, since Icaras is a team you have to first unlock. On the other hand, I'd be extremely surprised (and disappointed) if it's done on purpose. It's not quicker than Piranha and whilst it may be a bit better handling wise, it has a lot lower shield.

There's an update online as far as I heard - I wonder what has been changed/fixed.

Anyway, 6 out of 8 leages 100% gold and most of gold in the 7th one. Now on to the last league. This game is so much fun!
Yep, it looks like fixed now... :D

Not in all the events, but in most of them. I've been trying to keep a solid pace and will attempt to get Gold in all of them, once I've gone through all the events.

The ones I've found to be most difficult for now are the time-trial where you have to complete all the laps in x time. Getting a consistant time over each and every lap is quite a challenge, especially in the more difficult tracks like the sebenco climb.
for sure, the time trials seem to be much harder to get gold in than the standard races. I struggle to even get bronze in may of the TTs, but get gold easily in the actual races.

I have noticed that ironically its "easier" for me to get better times without the pilot assist on. Go figure.

The race doesnt feel as comfy though because you need to be more careful with the walls, by using the side movement (double tapping the shoulder buttons) and air brakes a lot (Whereas with pilot assist on sometimes you just let it do the job for you). It becomes more challenging and enjoyable though. You are "fighting" with the aerodynamics of your ship.

Pilot assist actually slows you down a bit some times and isnt letting you take as tight corners as without it.

Of course it's easier to get better lap times without PA. You don't get maximum thrust with PA enabled. (12% less top speed on Phantom class. That's quite significant in a 5 lap race)
Also: good luck trying to get some of the harder trophies with PA enabled. You'll never score a victory on Elite difficulty that way because everyone else will be faster than you.
Would be pretty damn unfair if there were no drawbacks to PA, especially online.

Yep, it looks like fixed now... :D

Really? How do you update the patch? :oops:

for sure, the time trials seem to be much harder to get gold in than the standard races. I struggle to even get bronze in may of the TTs, but get gold easily in the actual races.

It's quite a lot easier, once you've figured out, where to use the boost in the level. Some places are a lot better than the most obvious ones and will net you a nice time savings. Also, use barrel-roll everywhere possible. Also using the most boost-pads is a necessity. The good news is, you don't need perfect laps in most stages to get gold. There are some, where's absolutely required though.

Turning of auto-pilot also helps a lot (as explained further up by someone else).

Cheers Phil

I think he meant connect to your PSN account, then run the game.

I didnt have to connect to an online game to get the feature. I automatically downloaded the update when I entered the game since I was signed in with my PSN account

I think he meant connect to your PSN account, then run the game.

I didnt have to connect to an online game to get the feature. I automatically downloaded the update when I entered the game since I was signed in with my PSN account

Interestingly, that doesn't work for me. I'm always signed in when I play, but have never been prompted to download any patch or upgrade... :???:

I got 99 laps on Racebox trophy, by putting on Pilot Assist and taping down the X button. I turned on my TV and came back an hour later to find all laps were complete and I had my trophy :)

All golds achieved :D

I got 99 laps on Racebox trophy, by putting on Pilot Assist and taping down the X button. I turned on my TV and came back an hour later to find all laps were complete and I had my trophy :)

I didnt try that. How do you do that? Choose any track and set 99 laps?? Is it possible to finish a track by just pressing down the X with pilot assist on?

Pilot assist is basicly autopilot. Only thing you have to do is to press X. This is annoying in online games...
Yes, but the max speed is like 90% so I dont think guys with autopilot is very succesfull in the long run.

I got my "Gemini" trophy with "auto-pilot" set to on. Taped X on the second controller and it raced fine by itself 20 races, made it to the finishline all the time. Heck he even beat me in one race when I got shot down on a bridge. :p (phantom)

I now have only 2 races left on the 8th racegrid til i got the "Elite Campaign Legend" - i love this game! :love:
But goddamn the AI can be a pain in the ass on Elite, they cheat like mad!

Man, you guy's are insanely good, I'm having a ton of difficulty just playing on Novice! You have my respect :p Way to difficult for me, but still love the game.

Back