Wipeout HD [PSN]

Nope. I've noticed skips in the music or short pauses. It's definately not in the track - I've noticed this in both the default as well as custom music tracks. I also noticed that the game seems to jerk for a short moment when people come online on PSN (and the message is overlayed in the top right corner). This isn't a problem though.

About the music pausing for a short instance - I've also tried disabling the "music effects" in the menu. Sadly, with no result as of yet.
Have you changed the HDD in your machine?

Have you changed the HDD in your machine?

Yes, indeed, I have actually. Now running on a western digital 160 GB drive. Could this have an effect?

I haven't noticed any skips when playing custom mp3 tracks during the game as of yet now. Seems to only happen with the tracks that came with the game. I suspect the bit-rate is quite a bit higher in those.

Anyway, it's not really a big issue... Just a minor distraction in what is such a flawless and solid game IMO.

Some shots I took the past few days:

wohd20080930153639f35jpgf35jpg.jpg

wohd20080930181252e05jpge05jpg.jpg

wohd200809301817008d2jpg8d2jpg.jpg

wohd20080929194259e15jpge15jpg.jpg

wohd200809251811512c2jpg2c2jpg.jpg

Can't see any of the pics !

I've only had a 5 min wipeout session on PSP once, thought it was to hard.
But this game, with pilot helper on, seems to just suck you inn.

Man there are so many games coming now, that I just dont have the time to play them all :(

I have to say, I find it harder and more difficult with the flying assistance turned on, rather than off. It's just to damn destracting when you get close to the sides. A bit of practice will eventually get you better without it.

In fact, I think it's a shame that Zone-mode seems to have it enabled the entire time - you can't disable it. Meh.

I'll give disabling it a shoot, but for a Wipeout n00b, I think its a nice feature to start you of with, so that its easier to get into the game atleast.

Aren't you supposed to get a trophy for using motion controls? I've tried, but nothing happens.

Also, some of you must be ELITE. I'm on the second tier, and it's absolutely back breaking, so difficult, I suck...I'm only on Novice!!!

I'm using the analog sticks, but had read that d-pad is better...any input?

Win a race with full motion controls, i.e. both steer and tilt.

he should also avoid using the shoulder buttons for the air brakes too I think. The motion controls probably compensates for them because I won a race and it didnt give me a trophy. I suspected that was because I used the shoulder buttons to steer.

he should also avoid using the shoulder buttons for the air brakes too I think. The motion controls probably compensates for them because I won a race and it didnt give me a trophy. I suspected that was because I used the shoulder buttons to steer.
That shouldn't count, but if you even touch the stick it won't give you the trophy. Not sure if you can use directional buttons to barrell roll.

Funny, I thought it was disabled in Zone, without the option to turn it on. :?:

No actually, I think you're right. I had something mixed up. After switching ships (to one I haven't used before), my assisted flying always seems to get turned on. Either that, or someone who's been playing on my account (the GF perhaps?) keeps switching it on!

Anyway, the game is good fun. Almost have all the tournaments completed.

*thumbs up*

Not in all the events, but in most of them. I've been trying to keep a solid pace and will attempt to get Gold in all of them, once I've gone through all the events.

The ones I've found to be most difficult for now are the time-trial where you have to complete all the laps in x time. Getting a consistant time over each and every lap is quite a challenge, especially in the more difficult tracks like the sebenco climb.

OK, I've noticed something else that strikes me as very strange:

Since a while now, I can't check the online rankings when completing a race by pressing the square button anymore. The option to do so is just... gone.

I remember very well being able to do this when I started playing the game. Anyone have an idea why?

Also, when racing - it doesn't list my PSN username anymore, but instead says "Player". I'm logged in to PSN and can play online as well.

I very much doubt it could have something to do with pilot assist being turned off (wouldn't make sense to punish players wanting a bigger challenge and you can turn it on/off during an race).

Help? :(

OK, I've noticed something else that strikes me as very strange:

Since a while now, I can't check the online rankings when completing a race by pressing the square button anymore. The option to do so is just... gone.

I remember very well being able to do this when I started playing the game. Anyone have an idea why?

Also, when racing - it doesn't list my PSN username anymore, but instead says "Player". I'm logged in to PSN and can play online as well.

I very much doubt it could have something to do with pilot assist being turned off (wouldn't make sense to punish players wanting a bigger challenge and you can turn it on/off during an race).

Help? :(
Same thing here: i suppose it's a bug.

I had this one time as well, I thought it was because I signed into PSN after I had launched the game. I restarted the game and it worked then.

Back