Wipeout HD [PSN]

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably same day? They've had plenty of time I think for localisation already, hopefully not that much retesting should be necessary? Well we'll see soon enough.

Happy that the sixaxis controls are still in - this is the biggest draw for me. I'm getting a bit tired of playing franchises that existed way back on the Playstation 1 on all the later platforms, but if the sixaxis controls work well, then that's a dream come true for me - it just makes so much more sense for me to play it that way, adds a new dimension, and should making the quite tricky controls of the game more intuitive. Hopefully it also holds up at the insane speeds I've seen here and there!

Yeah, I'd imagine same day. But it's always worth exercising a bit of caution. :)

I'd imagine Three Speech could/should post news at some point early this week.

Eurogamer tv interviewed the game director and he said that they had intended to release Wipeout as a 1080/30 game.
However they had problems with PSN integration and Sony's internal epilepsy tests, so they decided to shoot for 1080/60 and include trophies and other stuff, whilst they tackled the other issues.
Are there any other 1080/60 games on PSN?

Eurogamer tv interviewed the game director and he said that they had intended to release Wipeout as a 1080/30 game.
However they had problems with PSN integration and Sony's internal epilepsy tests, so they decided to shoot for 1080/60 and include trophies and other stuff, whilst they tackled the other issues.
Are there any other 1080/60 games on PSN?

I don't know which are 60, exactly, or which are upscaled, from the top of my head. But I do know there are a few of them. Tekken 5 however is definitely 1080p/60 as far as I know.

We shouldn't count Tekken 5 though as it uses PS2 assets with very minor upgrades if any. It is a given to get 1080p native at 60FPS. If not I'd lose all hope.

However, I doubt you will find many 3D PSN titles like WipeoutHD that look that good and pull off 60fps+1080p at the same time. I'd say it's more likely to be one over the other; 1080p or 60fps.

If you were talking multi platform games then Bionic Commando Rearmed jumps to mind which is technologically very unimpressive in terms of raw facts, for exclusive PSN games you've obviously got the "small calibre" games like SSHD that run in native 1080p and 60fps.

Back