The Top 7...Secret shame games.

I own Stunt Race FX and used to really enjoy the game back in its time. I beat the entire game, actually. Together, with a friend of mine who is also a racer aficionado, I had a great time with it.

I've loaded the game up in recent months and let me say that the game's frame rate is totally unacceptable today. It's similar to how Goldeneye's 15-20 fps was acceptable back in the late '90s, but today we all balk at such horrible fluidity. Stunt Race FX runs more like 10 fps. It's just too choppy to really control. Obviously I am spoiled these days though, and I must have less patience, because I could definitely control the game back in the day.

IMO, it is one of SNES's better racers, even with its limitations. It is one of the first console-based racing "sims" as far as I can recall. Compared to stuff like Top Gear, it's amazingly superior.

It might have turned out better if it had used the SuperFX2 chip instead of the half-clocked original.

some of these are kind of odd choices but I definitely agree on the Justice League one. I was 7 years old and I hated it.

Back