Super Stardust HD

I've got the game now. And it really is damn good!

Damn hard too. Took me a few tries just to clear the first planet. There is so much going on the screen sometimes that it takes some getting used to. Training your eyes to filter out all but the most relevant targets even with thousands of objects seems to be the key.

My only complaint right now would be that the music is a little too repetitive and I wish there were more tracks.

I've got the game now. And it really is damn good!

Damn hard too. Took me a few tries just to clear the first planet. There is so much going on the screen sometimes that it takes some getting used to. Training your eyes to filter out all but the most relevant targets even with thousands of objects seems to be the key.

My only complaint right now would be that the music is a little too repetitive and I wish there were more tracks.

I'm having an extremely hard time distinguishing between rock and gold. I'm still on the 1st planet and have only played through about 2 or 3 levels, so I'm not sure I'm actually seeing anything besides Gold (or maybe its actually rock) and that the other types will be introduced later.

I'm having an extremely hard time distinguishing between rock and gold. I'm still on the 1st planet and have only played through about 2 or 3 levels, so I'm not sure I'm actually seeing anything besides Gold (or maybe its actually rock) and that the other types will be introduced later.

Ya, I was confused by that too. Basically the first planet is all ROCK. You don't see real GOLD until the next planet. And when you do see it, it should be obvious.

The next planet is mostly gold with some rock mixed in toward the end. I only made it to the boss and then died so I didn't get to unlock the 3rd planet yet. But I am assuming thats where ice comes in.

Ya, I was confused by that too. Basically the first planet is all ROCK. You don't see real GOLD until the next planet. And when you do see it, it should be obvious.

The next planet is mostly gold with some rock mixed in toward the end. I only made it to the boss and then died so I didn't get to unlock the 3rd planet yet. But I am assuming thats where ice comes in.

Yes it is. And the smarts white rocks of second planet may also be ice, I mostly use gold weapon there.

Interestingly, I noticed Ice Splitter defaults to twenty something percent if you start from third planet. though it is the effective weapon. So using Rock Crusher (around 60%) and trying to level up splitter looks like a good strategy. (edit: no it's not)

At first I thought the game was just a 2.6D Asteroids clone, which I don't like much myself.
The only reason I bought the game was to have a quickie for a few minutes time to time. Unfortunately that failed. I know better now.

I wonder if it will have online co-op later.

edit: Man, people are crazy, highest score was 150 million last time I checked. And it was just a day after. Those ranking boards remind me how old I become, very discouraging.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't like Asteroid, and never paid attention to Super Stardust. Got it for free with the PSN Welcome Back program.

Just tried it with 3D. It's fantastic ! :love: the effect and gameplay. Probably too difficult for me in later stages but it has the best 3D effect so far.

Hope to try Killzone 3 and MotorStorm Apocalypse next. Don't have them with me at the moment. :(

Back