[360] Mass Effect

Well hey, extrapolate that to ten 90 minute episodes and you'd get a 15 hour game for $50. :p

Well hey, extrapolate that to ten 90 minute episodes and you'd get a 15 hour game for $50. :p

Which, sadly, is decent value by todays standards. Usually its a 12 hour game for $60.

I can afford to spend a little more on ME, it's already given me more than 50 hours of entertainment for my $60. I'll probably even play it through more than once as I have the whole game.

Which, sadly, is decent value by todays standards. Usually its a 12 hour game for $60.
I can afford to spend a little more on ME, it's already given me more than 50 hours of entertainment for my $60. I'll probably even play it through more than once as I have the whole game.

For sure. :) If the DLC were $10, I'd be a lot more hesitant. That would be pretty pathetic (not to sound diminutive of their efforts) considering that's an online, XBL-only charge for a relatively small portion of a full game. $5 for this seems a pretty big "cut" already compared to retail outlets for the full game.

(something like that)

And hey, I'm no math genius (;)), but considering the sales of the game, they would *probably* more than recoup the costs of DLC development if even 1/8 of those people buy the DLC. :p

All of my friends who own ME have all signed up for the DLC. I only wish that the DLC is longer (like 3-4 hours). However I suspect that this will be a race against clock, so I may still have to play a couple of times before seeing its ending ;)

Well it's pretty short, I wish they'd do more like 3 or 4 hours of gameplay so it's not done in a single session...

But hey...$5? The price is right, good way to get rid of that 650pts that's been sitting on my account forever, I'll pick it up.

I was afraid of this. You'll need a save game that has you being able to use your spaceship in order to access the DLC. A shame we can't just access this extra content from an 'Expansion Pack' menu or something. Although replaying this game isn't bad at all. ;) http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/09/heed-totilos-warning-keep-a-late-mass-effect-save-to-play-ne/

That wouldn't work though... your characters and team are save-specific. They couldn't just drop you in the ME universe with a generic squad (all of the characters or only some of them?) linking to one of your Shepards.

It's good they're trying to put the DLC into the main game, though. The only thing stopping me from getting a lot of DLC is it's basically what vazel described - a "DLC menu" setup that was bolted on to the side of the game. Forza is guilty of this, whereas Crackdown did it brilliantly.

That wouldn't work though... your characters and team are save-specific. They couldn't just drop you in the ME universe with a generic squad (all of the characters or only some of them?) linking to one of your Shepards.
We could've used data from our saves in the side mission. You click on the DLC in the main menu then it asks you which save you want character data taken from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished it! Great game, but did anyone else notice the same buildings over and over again? Also the terrain looked the same just different textures. It was annoying :( but the other aspects didn't take to much away from the experience.

I "did" the Asari, hehe. I was wondering if Biotic would be a good character to play as if I replay?

What crack is fox on?. They suggested a AO for Mass Effect? WTF?.

They think the rating board isn't tough enough?, I thought it was TOO tough.

Looks like a great game.

I was afraid of this. You'll need a save game that has you being able to use your spaceship in order to access the DLC. A shame we can't just access this extra content from an 'Expansion Pack' menu or something. Although replaying this game isn't bad at all. ;) http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/09/heed-totilos-warning-keep-a-late-mass-effect-save-to-play-ne/
That sucks. I've already played through this game three times and don't want to do it again any time soon. I guess I'll wait for all the DLC packs to be realeased first.

Back