[360] Mass Effect

Ok thanks to everyone for explaining it. I must say though that Bioware could have put little more effort to the menus, tutorials and atleast the Scandinavian manual is a joke...

I'll take part of the blame on myself though, as for example I didn't notice that you can sell items until about the fifth hour of my second playthrough :LOL:

He seems to have generated some website hits in the process ;) Just look at all those comments on the article. False Journalism at its finest. :rolleyes:

Fox News? They bring a whole new level to the term professional idiots.

I can't believe they're judging something without evening evaluating it...it's all hearsay. Where's the professional journalism?

*shutting out all idiocy*

I finally got around to starting off a third play-through with my primary character. He was level 59 at the start of it, and I decided to go for the hardcore achievement (as well as the medic, overload, and sabotage ones). I reached level 60 before I left the first city, which was nice, but man, I can't imagine what it would be like trying to play on hardcore before getting any of the good stuff (lvl 50+).

It's been a few weeks since I last played, so it was quite a refreshing experience. I even got to play out the beginning parts slightly differently
I talked to Harkin in the seedy bar... and even got Wrex to join in an entirely different way. I killed Fist myself, and so I didn't meet Wrex at C-Sec and had him join there. Instead we had a bit of a conversation and I rejected Wrex from joining... I eventually accepted him by going back to that seedy bar where he was hanging out.

And I still have yet to play the rest of the game differently, as a renegade through and through. :)

I can't wait to see what the DLC will be... it was supposed to be out in December according to an IGN Australia interview.... so it must be coming soon (since it obviously hasn't come yet)

Fox News? They bring a whole new level to the term professional idiots.

I can't believe they're judging something without evening evaluating it...it's all hearsay. Where's the professional journalism?

"A cross between Luke Skywalker and Debbie Does Dallas". They should put that on the back of the box.

I couldn't even watch that whole thing. What a joke.

What a bunch of uneducated fools. I've never seen 4 people sitting on a panel, and not a single one have a clue what the hell they are talking about.

The scary part is, this is the attention to detail that they give real news stories as well. These are the people whose 'opinions' are broadcast under the guise of journalism. Brutal.

I can't understand how so many people, can be so misinformed, and nobody corrects them. It just goes to show, that in this age of information overload, you can say just about anything, not matter how innacurate it is, and it just gets accepted as fact if it plays into someone's preconcieved notions.

I couldn't even watch that whole thing. What a joke.

What a bunch of uneducated fools. I've never seen 4 people sitting on a panel, and not a single one have a clue what the hell they are talking about.

The scary part is, this is the attention to detail that they give real news stories as well. These are the people whose 'opinions' are broadcast under the guise of journalism. Brutal.

Well the funny part of it all is, there's no such thing as bad press. I'm sure there's a few idiots out there who are going to rush out and buy ME based on that report, hoping to get a sex simulator or something. Ultimately sales of ME are probably going to benefit from this report and others like it, however wrong they may be.

I realize I'm on everyones ignore list :smile: but come on, I posted this a mere two posts above yours :p

Apparently so am I. I guess it was just a matter of time before we degenerated into giving a worthless site extra hits. ;)

DLC News!

http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=616577&forum=123
You'll probably need to be a forum member to see the link though, so I've copied the meat of the announcement.

The Bring Down the Sky downloadable content pack will be released to Xbox LIVE Marketplace on Monday, March 10 at 2 a.m. PST, and will be available for 400 MS points. This is the first in a series of planned downloadable content that further expands the Mass Effect universe and continues the adventures of Commander Shepard and the Normandy crew.

Bring Down the Sky includes a new uncharted world that introduces the notorious and feared alien race of the Batarians. A Batarian extremist group has hijacked a mobile asteroid station in the Asgard system, setting it on a collision course with the nearby colony world of Terra Nova. Only Commander Shepard can save the millions of innocent civilians before the asteroid completes its deadly descent.
Oh and one other...little...minor... tiny.... statistic: "To date, over 1.6 million gamers have explored the engaging sci-fi universe of Mass Effect."

Two new screenshots here: http://masseffect.bioware.com/gallery/#gal-screens

Back