[360] Mass Effect

The combat looks a lot more polished than in the past, very similar to Gears of War in many ways. And is that real FPS controls I am seeing... in an RPG? This should be a good title to get FPS fans involved in the action RPG genre as it seems to bridge them well.

I'd also add Assasin's Creed to the list.;)

ME looks really good btw, questioin is how will it play?

I think Bioware never ever flopped when it came to making a game that is pleasing to play. Sure, they caught flak for this or that, but overall, they never had a stinker. Not even with the original NWN(that one actually turned into a jewel throughout it's lifecycle, through the community and the expansions). So I'm fairly certain this'll be a stellar experience also.

[ Mod Edit: Added quote tags for clarity. ]

[url=http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=584818&forum=104]Chris Priestly said:
Some of the more observant of you may have noticed that I haven't had a chance to post much in the last little while and may be wondering what I've been up to.

Well, yesterday we had a major press event here at the BioWare offices. We had dozens of major gaming and other media groups up here to see a demonstration (that Casey and I gave for well over 1 hour), interview Ray, Greg, Casey, Drew and other Mass Effect team members and get their first hands on experience with Mass Effect.

People from 1Up, Team Xbox, G4, GameSpot and many, many more were allowed to play hours of the actual game so they could experience Mass Effect and now they are putting together their thoughts, impressions and early reviews of the game.

I don't know what they are going to say, but I can say that the event went over very well. To me, it looked like everyone was having fun and enjoying the game, but we don't know what they are going to say until their pieces or articles come out.

To keep things fair between all the groups, none of them can write about what they saw or post any new videos and screenshots until next monday September 17 at 9am PST (so 10 am BioWare time). But if I were you, I would be keeping an eye out on Monday to see what they thought of the game. I know I will be. Just a little heads up to you all that a whole heap of new Mass Effect info is on the way.

But if I were you, I would be keeping an eye out on Monday to see what they thought of the game. I know I will be. Just a little heads up to you all that a whole heap of new Mass Effect info is on the way.

BioWare never failed me. ME is a must have. I'm sure I will enjoy this game over and over again...

http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=584818&forum=104"]http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=584818&forum=104

Some of the more observant of you may have noticed that I haven't had a chance to post much in the last little while and may be wondering what I've been up to.

Well, yesterday we had a major press event here at the BioWare offices. We had dozens of major gaming and other media groups up here to see a demonstration (that Casey and I gave for well over 1 hour), interview Ray, Greg, Casey, Drew and other Mass Effect team members and get their first hands on experience with Mass Effect.

People from 1Up, Team Xbox, G4, GameSpot and many, many more were allowed to play hours of the actual game so they could experience Mass Effect and now they are putting together their thoughts, impressions and early reviews of the game.

I don't know what they are going to say, but I can say that the event went over very well. To me, it looked like everyone was having fun and enjoying the game, but we don't know what they are going to say until their pieces or articles come out.

To keep things fair between all the groups, none of them can write about what they saw or post any new videos and screenshots until next monday September 17 at 9am PST (so 10 am BioWare time). But if I were you, I would be keeping an eye out on Monday to see what they thought of the game. I know I will be. Just a little heads up to you all that a whole heap of new Mass Effect info is on the way.

Wicked, thanks for the heads up!

The first person combat looks interesting but is definitely making it different than the usual RPG. We'll see how well that works out. Otherwise it feels like a grander KOTOR IMO. Which is pretty much exactly what I want lol.

I think Bioware never ever flopped when it came to making a game that is pleasing to play. Sure, they caught flak for this or that, but overall, they never had a stinker. Not even with the original NWN(that one actually turned into a jewel throughout it's lifecycle, through the community and the expansions). So I'm fairly certain this'll be a stellar experience also.

The only game from Bioware that wasn't a masterpiece was IMO Jade Empire. And by that I mean that it was just good, not excellent. I'm sure that Mass Effect will be a masterpiece. After all the rest of their games were.
Come to think of it, the only game that I want like crazy on the PC is Dragon Age...
Yup, in Bioware I trust

From 31:30 - 33:00 in today's 1up Yours

It was such an amazing demo, I'm busting to want to tell you!
Man, incredible game.

Monday can't come fast enough

A BioDude is hovering discouragingly; I'm getting close to a "major spoiler" and it's his job to make sure my Shepard doesn't walk into the one room and talk to the one guy that'll wreck it for everyone. Quit back to the menu (goodnight, Irene Shepard; I'll see you in my dreams!) and I'm left with 1) an impression of a rock-solid BioWare-standard game, an epic RPG superbly designed, written, art-directed and realized, promising hours of space-hero adventure; and 2) a case of The Itch so bad I'll spend the next two months using Gold Bond cream and hand moisturizer.

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/GameReview/article/257056

61vpelzeq7.jpg

66o09s3zj3.jpg

Back