No FF on 360

Ragnarok

Newcomer
Looking for more Final Fantasy following the Xbox 360 port of Final Fantasy XI? Then you're going to have to look to a different next generation system. A Square Enix executive has disclosed to Japan's Nikkei BP that the company currently has no plans for Final Fantasy games on the 360.

Noting that the PS3 is getting Final Fantasy XIII, the website asked Square Enix's Shinji Hashimoto if the Wii or Xbox 360 will also be getting games in the series. "For the Wii, we have FF Crystal Chronicles in production," replied Hashimoto. "As for FF on the Xbox 360, it's currently a completely blank page."

Strong words from Hashimoto, although perhaps if everyone goes out and buys Last Remnant (that includes you!), Square Enix will have a change of heart.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/794/794164p1.html

Last edited by a moderator:
A blank page? Why use a confusing allusion when you could just say there are no FF games planned for the 360?

Maybe it was a translation thing.

A blank page? Why use a confusing allusion when you could just say there are no FF games planned for the 360?

Maybe it was a translation thing.

I think it has to do with the translation otherwise it can mean that the page will have different propostions from MS or that it will reamin blank, a metaphor if you wish!

Last edited by a moderator:
Simply put, there are no current plans, which just leaves open the possibility later down the road. It's clearly a Jedi PR statement since only Sith deal in absolutes. :runaway:

A confirmation for the XIII exlusivity...As for the XIV, we should wait to see how things evolve... :smile:

I'd say Last Remnant is definately the testing waters on how a SE RPG will do on X360. If sales are enough to break even(and make profit), then some form of FF could make its way on the console.

Or as Todd said, maybe theyre just waiting for that MS check :LOL:

When I first saw the thread's name I thought "Why did they remove Force Feedback from 360? WTF?!". Then I clicked at it and sighed with relief "Ah, they're only talking about Final Fantasy". Seriously guys, don't scare me like that.;)

No, I don't think it was a hint. It was a mistranslation.

He meant "Blank check". As in, MS hasn't filled in the numbers yet. And until they do, work will not start on the port!

:p

No it's more like when the check is written the press release will be about how the PS3 is the port and the 360 was the main dev platform the whole time.

No it's more like when the check is written the press release will be about how the PS3 is the port and the 360 was the main dev platform the whole time.
They can then elude to how its called the White Engine, and that if it was actually made with the PS3 as the primary platform it would have been the Black Engine (obviously).

*TA-DEH-TAH!*

*Crickets*

"I'm here all week folks!" :D

I have to assume they're talking about "main FF franchise" games here. FFXI, while numbered, is in its' own little world. And I rather doubt either questions OR answers would be referring to anything that could hit XBLA or was a redo/reskinning...

Back