[360, PS3] Tekken 6

Well, it's an exaggeration, obviously. But it doesn't look that 'next gen', similar to how people say Halo 3 looks like Halo 2.5 or Halo 2 HD.

Certainly when I first played the arcade version I wasn't much impressed (though the new animations were nice)

I kind of guessed you just wernt that impressed with it, like many others. I just find the Halo 2.5 and "just higher res" comments quite annoying because they really dont mean anything at all.

Not bad. I do really like the motion blur - at least they found some way to innovate ;) - and it seems to be very good. It doesn't show on screenshots, but I hear it really helps in motion.

At Namco's booth, T6 was running on 4 PS3's, and only 2 X360's. There were also 2 larger spectator screens cloning the output of 2 of the PS3s. My assumption for the apparent PS3 bias is that they don't have motion blur on the X360 version. Or, at least, if it's running, it's so subtle as to be indistinguishable from screen ghosting. Because of the motion blur, I thought the PS3 version looked much better. It goes a long way in differentiating Tekken 6 from Tekken 5: DR HD. BTW, I also checked it out at Microsoft and Sony's booths, also, and again motion blur was on the PS3 version, and not on the Xbox version.

Yes, they've mentioned earlier that they're having trouble with the port to the 360 particularly because of hte motion blur, but that they expect to manage it by the time the game is up for release.

At Namco's booth, T6 was running on 4 PS3's, and only 2 X360's. There were also 2 larger spectator screens cloning the output of 2 of the PS3s. My assumption for the apparent PS3 bias is that they don't have motion blur on the X360 version. Or, at least, if it's running, it's so subtle as to be indistinguishable from screen ghosting. Because of the motion blur, I thought the PS3 version looked much better. It goes a long way in differentiating Tekken 6 from Tekken 5: DR HD. BTW, I also checked it out at Microsoft and Sony's booths, also, and again motion blur was on the PS3 version, and not on the Xbox version.

Very interesting to say the least. A hardcore Tekken player with a fan site (SD Tekken) played both versions extensively and oddly enough, he didn't notice the lack of motion blur though he noticed that the PS3 was arcade perfect. In the sense that momentary frame rate hitches in certain scenarios were present, but were absent on the 360.

The pre E3 trailer had a portion that showed the difference between the game running with and without the motion blur, but the team apparently hasn't decided to make it optional in the final game.

Yes, they've mentioned earlier that they're having trouble with the port to the 360 particularly because of hte motion blur, but that they expect to manage it by the time the game is up for release.

If possible however...but if not I don't see the problem. Probably namco will improves the resolution on 360 how did in soul calibur 4.

PS3 bias? I assure you, that is not the case.

Simply put, Tekken 6 was in development on PS3 since it's inception, as the Arcade hardware is largely based on PS3 hardware (similar to past Tekken titles).

I am almost 100% positive that the choice to release it on 360 came after many fighters were released on the market and didn't do particularly amazing on either platform (SCIV being one of those). Namco isn't stupid, and they weren't going to invest all of this money into T6 and not attempt to get a sizeable return on their dollar.

Frankly, they are having issues because it was an engine that was tailor fitted to use PS3 hardware, and the 360 is very different. Even if they do not end up implementing motion blur in the 360, or something similar, it will have had nothing to do with a PS3 bias.

PS3 bias? I assure you, that is not the case.

Simply put, Tekken 6 was in development on PS3 since it's inception, as the Arcade hardware is largely based on PS3 hardware (similar to past Tekken titles).

I am almost 100% positive that the choice to release it on 360 came after many fighters were released on the market and didn't do particularly amazing on either platform (SCIV being one of those). Namco isn't stupid, and they weren't going to invest all of this money into T6 and not attempt to get a sizeable return on their dollar.

Frankly, they are having issues because it was an engine that was tailor fitted to use PS3 hardware, and the 360 is very different. Even if they do not end up implementing motion blur in the 360, or something similar, it will have had nothing to do with a PS3 bias.
I wasn't implying that Namco likes the PS3 better, just that their Tekken 6 setup gave that appearance.

The interactive arenas looks really nice and add a lot of atmosphere I think. Especially the neon sign smashing as it does in one of the trailers (Kazuya M)

Hmm...the PS3 stick looks better, but the 360 version has achievements. Which to get, which to get...

Back