Wii exper...er I mean Sony lifestyle ads..

Did you guys read the article? Have you seen Sony's latest ad's for the PS3?
Of course these types of ad's have been around but specifically speaking about the PS3, they have been centered around the dark creepy baby ad's. This would represent a shift in attitude for marketing the PS3.

Of course these types of ad's have been around but specifically speaking about the PS3, they have been centered around the dark creepy baby ad's. This would represent a shift in attitude for marketing the PS3.

So? Does that excuse your flame-bait title? Since when is a shift in marketing for a company thread material for a technical forum?

So? Does that excuse your flame-bait title? Since when is a shift in marketing for a company thread material for a technical forum?

Hostile much? Seriously, the thread title is a joke yet so many don't seem to get it. Oh gods you make a jokezor about a company you evil evil person! Your last sentence is a joke, if that were the case then I'd say 4/5 of threads don't belong here, they're not technically~ enough.

I guess you haven't seen much PS3 ads then?

There have been several and variously themed "This Is Living" lifestyle ads, then there was the rubik cube ad, and others promoting HD visuals and concentrating on games like MotorStorm and Resistance.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't think this is a new campaign as such. This sort of thing are usually just images Sony throws up on its press site so that if a journalist wants a picture to accompany a story, they can pick one of these. Their presence is concurrent with any other TV/print campaigns they might be doing.

And I wouldn't say their first TV campaigns have been 'dark'. But quite asides from that, new campaigns are to be expected as a matter of course.

I find the whole PS3 marketing kinda strange.

I can't talk about other European countries. But on normal (non geek) channels like television, magazines I didn't see one ad for the PS3. That wasn't the case with the PSX and PS2. I have already had some people over that didn't now that the PS3 was out.

We do have allot of Nintendo ads and commercials on television. Microsoft doesn't advertise here. I think they don't know we exist. Maybe that is why they seem to often release games in the wrong language here :D

I find the whole PS3 marketing kinda strange.

I can't talk about other European countries. But on normal (non geek) channels like television, magazines I didn't see one ad for the PS3. That wasn't the case with the PSX and PS2. I have already had some people over that didn't now that the PS3 was out.

The 5-minute uncensored "This Is Living" ad was aired three times on Finnish television. Plus Sony sponsors the one and only TV gameshow here, so there's an ad for PS3 every time the program starts. And I've seen several PS3 ads in newspapers and non-gaming magazines around here.

Poor Sony... They really need to hire new marketing people.

Judging by past mishaps they'll probably end up showing people playing a Wii.

Wow, so Nintendo created the advertising paradigm showing a group of people playing a game appearing to have fun ..... I guess all those PS2 singstar ads I saw must have been a dream.

<cue someone showing an earlier ad than this>

The best ad ever was the "PSP: now available in white", it was only in Germany:

Attachments

• PSP_white_dom_small.jpg
    PSP_white_dom_small.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 26

Ah the old "Sony are secretly racist and are using the PSP colour scheme in an attempt to brainwash people into the belief that somehow White people are superior to their Black counterparts" ads..

:LOL: :LOL:

Seriously Sony have been through some flack throughout the past couple of years..

Not that they didn't bring it on themselves [in some cases] mind..

:D

Well the Dutch had this "White is coming" PSP campaign

sony_whiteiscoming_web_2.jpg

sony_whiteiscoming_web_3a.jpg

Back