What's the state of play regarding older content?

Neeyik

Homo ergaster
Veteran
Interviews? Check. Articles? Check. Reviews? Err, 3 years and only one to show for it; even worse for Dave.

So, as per the thread title, what are the plans concerning putting all of the older reviews online? It would be a great shame if nothing more is going to be added.

Interviews? Check. Articles? Check. Reviews? Err, 3 years and only one to show for it; even worse for Dave.

So, as per the thread title, what are the plans concerning putting all of the older reviews online? It would be a great shame if nothing more is going to be added.

It will get ported eventually and we're gradually adding "old" content. However, it's not the top priority.

Of course they'll get ported, but there's only one man getting them done just now and said man only has so many porting hours in any given day.

Sorry they're taking so long, and if there's any in particular that anyone desperately wants ported, let us know and maybe they'll jump the queue.

Since it's the content is no longer sensitive (i.e. it's already been out in the public) could you not request some help in this area from B3D regulars? I'm sure lots of people would be willing to help.

As for prioritising titles, that would be useful but I can't remember them all - would it be possible to list off what's still to be done?

Screw that old stuff. The past is history, LIVE FOR THE FUTURE AND THE EVER PRESENT NOW!!!

(Sorry, someone had to say it.)

I'm sure lots of people would be willing to help.

Are you volunteering yourself, or just volunteering others? :smile:

If you're up for porting the content you yourself originated, I'd think we could accomodate you with the right access to make that possible. We wouldn't want to let just anyone do this as we'd have to give them FTP and CMS access.

If you're up for porting the content you yourself originated, I'd think we could accomodate you with the right access to make that possible. We wouldn't want to let just anyone do this as we'd have to give them FTP and CMS access.
Sorry for the delay in replying - been on holiday! I'll admit that I was anticipating that others would offer the help but since the doors don't seem to be battered down with declarations of aid, I'll put myself forward for some porting work; unfortunately it could only be a little bit each night but if it helps to bring some of the important older work back up quicker, then I should imagine that each little step will make a difference.

"Interviews" is done. "Articles" is nearly done (four or so left).

I'll talk to the boss about getting you guys the right access/info to work on the old "Reviews" and "Previews" sections.

Are all the forum archives intact? I just searched for the old Just Cause thread and returned no results. I know there was a Just Cause thread! Anyways, don't take this as a complaint, just curious!

Edit: Update: weird, I found it, by combing through my thread subscriptions. It's definitely there, all 5 pages, but I can't seem to search for it. Certainly not an urgent issue...

Last edited by a moderator:
Are all the forum archives intact? I just searched for the old Just Cause thread and returned no results. I know there was a Just Cause thread! Anyways, don't take this as a complaint, just curious!

Edit: Update: weird, I found it, by combing through my thread subscriptions. It's definitely there, all 5 pages, but I can't seem to search for it. Certainly not an urgent issue...

Should be. More likely some quirk of the search engine or configuration.

Back