New GTA 4 screens

They look really good. They have been down-sampled right (800 x 450 image size), effectively a FSAA.

I really like the idea of running around a living, breathing NYC.

For what it is, the game looks good. Perhaps we can see the same kind of progression in this generation's GTA titles as last gen (the difference between GTA3 and San Andreas is huge IMO)?

Considering it's GTA it looks amazing, I can't wait to play it, I love what Rockstar is doing with this game. i.e. Concentrating on realism, rather than size.

To get a bit back on topic, I cant really get my mind around the screenshots. I dont know weater I like what im seeing or not. I like the general hl2'ish artstyle as it doesnt have the usuall next gen look of oversized mariens looking like oilwrestlers. But alot of textures look awfull and i dont really like the lighting in all places and it seems some parts are a bit low on geometry. OTOH that didnt seem the case in the trailer.

To get a bit back on topic, I cant really get my mind around the screenshots. I dont know weater I like what im seeing or not. I like the general hl2'ish artstyle as it doesnt have the usuall next gen look of oversized mariens looking like oilwrestlers. But alot of textures look awfull and i dont really like the lighting in all places and it seems some parts are a bit low on geometry. OTOH that didnt seem the case in the trailer.

Not that your opinion is invalid but people really need to remember how far this franchise has come. It looked like dog on ps2/xbox! It was never a leader in graphics and I don't expect that to change. Having said that the devs have done a great job IMO considering the scale and expected level of interaction.

Not that your opinion is invalid but people really need to remember how far this franchise has come. It looked like dog on ps2/xbox! It was never a leader in graphics and I don't expect that to change. Having said that the devs have done a great job IMO considering the scale and expected level of interaction.

Totally agree. I was expecting Wii-like (no offense) graphics on the 360 and the PS3.

exactly my thoughts, when you think back to the last GTA you see just how far this has come.

s23643_pc_3.jpg

grandtheftautoiv2007052nd9.jpg

GTASA_PC_City_View_San_Fierro_Gant_Bridge.jpg

grandtheftautoiv2007052lb1.jpg

if that isn't a generational leap i don't know what is....

Last edited by a moderator:
exactly my thoughts, when you think back to the last GTA you see just how far this has come.

gtasa.jpg

image.php

GTASA_PC_City_View_San_Fierro_Gant_Bridge.jpg

grandtheftautoiv2007052lb1.jpg

if that isn't a generational leap i don't know what is....

more like 2 leaps, GTA:SA is visually closer to the PSP's GTA:VCS than it is to GTA4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back