Call of Duty : Modern Warfare - Screenshots ...

Some look amazing some do not. It's weird.

Kind of hard to believe 60FPS wont hurt the graphics..

Anyway, Game Informer certainly thought the game looked great in their preview, so that's good.

Horrible quality on the images, compression artifacts everywhere.

Is that technically screenshots thought? Looks like drawings to me.

Those two are too good to be true (even excluding AA). I spent a significant amount of time to decide whether they are photo concept arts or game shots. Hence I will remain skeptical until I see this on a console.

Are those 360 shots anyway? Maybe they are from PC. Otherwise, 60 fps eh? more like 10 :)

And I imagine night shots look weird because of their brightness level. All of them seem to be brightened a lot, probably to show the textures or something.

The game will look like the trailer most probably. So quite good, not at the level of GRAW2 but even then good and in 60fps.

Several of those screenshots looks worse than BF2. Don't know from which platform those ss came from but they shure look average. And ignoring the blurry quality it's things like the trees, shadows (or lack of), grass texture edges, lightning, oh my... :cry:

Those two are too good to be true (even excluding AA). I spent a significant amount of time to decide whether they are photo concept arts or game shots. Hence I will remain skeptical until I see this on a console.

Are those 360 shots anyway? Maybe they are from PC. Otherwise, 60 fps eh? more like 10 :)

And I imagine night shots look weird because of their brightness level. All of them seem to be brightened a lot, probably to show the textures or something.

Pretty sure these were in game informer as in engine gameplay shots. They also stated it was the most photo realistic game they've played. In fact the shots you qouted, they described as a level qoute "we saw enemies bounding between cover on this level, just as a smart player would" is the photo caption for the top photo (with the guy shooting at the bus).

I dunno either.

Some of the other shots look very average. Overall however the variety of scenarios makes the game seem very fun and worth a purchase.

CoD4 IGN Preview

Imagine Ubi's Rainbow Six with incredible graphics mixed with the intensity of Criterion's Black and you'll have some idea of the thunderous experience of Modern Warfare. Yeah, it's going to be one hell of a fall for shooters.

If you are expecting to see Call of Duty 2 with some new "modern" skins, you're in for a pleasant surprise. Infinity Ward has spent the past two years improving its technology to create a far prettier game. There's an astounding level of detail in both the environments and the characters.

At one point you may step into a barn, look up and see beams of sunlight breaking in through the cracks. You'll see dust particles in the air, though that's not nearly as impressive as the smoke trail from a rocket launcher. The sun can rise or set during a level with realistic lighting effects so that the transition from dusk to dawn appears natural. There's impressive damage modeling on derelict cars; you can waste some bullets shooting out tires or toss a grenade and blow the doors off. Walk past a hill of burning trash and you'll see not only smoke, but debris floating in the air. The stunning backgrounds are actually matte paintings, just as would be used in a movie.

As for the characters, each has full self-shadowing and a level of detail never-before-seen in Call of Duty. Get close to a soldier and you can actually read the time on his watch. Once you know it's not time for bacon and eggs, you can cast your eyes on the uniform and its rich level of detail. Breathe down the neck of a U.S. Marine and you will see realistic-looking flesh. You might even see them sweat.

More impressive is that all of this works in a frantic environment. The chaos of modern warfare has AI Marines screaming ooh-rah as gunfire echoes through the ruins of a Middle Eastern city. There are explosions left and right, enemies around every corner, helicopters spinning out of control and crashing in a fiery wreck. And all of it happens at 60 frames per second. It's fair to say that what we saw of Call of Duty 4 was a greater graphical feat than Epic's Gears of War. The trailer released in April was in-game footage and not some CG magic. The screenshots posted are, in fact, exactly what the game looks like. It's not a trick; Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare really looks that good.

I'll miss Thomson and other WW2 weapons :/ ...

Why dont plan on getting any of the MOH serries or the 1/2 dozen other WW2 shooters? :) :) :) (just a small joke as I know what you mean and agree in part with you...will miss them but looking forward to something new)

If this is just another shooting gallery like all the other COD games, I think I'll pass.

At least they're changing the pacing back to what it was like in COD1, which is the best game in the series.

IGN said:
It's fair to say that what we saw of Call of Duty 4 was a greater graphical feat than Epic's Gears of War. The trailer released in April was in-game footage and not some CG magic. The screenshots posted are, in fact, exactly what the game looks like. It's not a trick; Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare really looks that good.

holy crap

There`s a developer with eyes firmly set on the future. Yup, no doubt about it.

Back