Haze : The official game thread

The only good thing about this game is the title track by Korn.

That's both rude and untrue. It's got a great story for a shooter, no loading, 4 player co-op, bots in multiplayer, Haze powers are great fun, as are abusing them...so yeah don't talk against Free Radical unless you've had a go.

They'll need a solid demo to convince people. Their abyssal marketing has destroyed the game and even tarnished the developer's reputation. Their product may have suffered due to difficulty in handling both platforms (and they switched exclusivity positions from one to the other so frequently that I don't know what they do anymore :) ). Not even sure if they had time to optimize for the PS3 version. :(

I agree with patsu, Haze's PR had me embarrassed for Free Radical itself.
I respect and appreciate what Dave Doak has done for the fps genre, but when he and that Yescombe character began to talk smack about Haze "not being afraid to call you a p***y", Haze being more mature than Halo 3, Haze having a great script because it drew voice acting talent from the Royal Shakespeare Company, Haze's Nectar mechanic/asynchronous combat being some sort of godsend to the fps genre,Haze having a sensational plot twist,etc......they began to look arrogant, foolish, and obnoxious.

But I continue to hold out hope for Haze. Free Radical are very capable of making a good game with a thoughtful story (see Second Sight) and some of Haze's gameplay elements sound somewhat interesting.
There is demo rumoured to be hitting PSN in early May.

They'll need a solid demo to convince people. Their abyssal marketing has destroyed the game and even tarnished the developer's reputation. Their product may have suffered due to difficulty in handling both platforms (and they switched exclusivity positions from one to the other so frequently that I don't know what they do anymore :) ). Not even sure if they had time to optimize for the PS3 version. :(

Well it'll have a locked framerate...though that's unsurprising considering the graphics.

I've played the first four single player levels, then 3 rebel levels in 4 player co-op, 2 more trooper levels in 4 player co-op, lots of rounds of 16 player multiplayer, and I've played the pivitol part in the story . It's pretty good :D

Well it'll have a locked framerate...though that's unsurprising considering the graphics.

I've played the first four single player levels, then 3 rebel levels in 4 player co-op, 2 more trooper levels in 4 player co-op, lots of rounds of 16 player multiplayer, and I've played the pivitol part in the story . It's pretty good :D

Damnit, Deep, you holdin out on us?!? :p

How did you do that? What...don't tell me you gave out special personal favours:LOL: for that !

Seriously, is it fun? is it as good as resistance? coz, I am on the edge for this one.

Even if it's fun, the game has little chance with all the negativity.
I expect a solid shooter with good multiplayer based on their track record, but without decent community I won't be buying the game unfortunately.

Even if it's fun, the game has little chance with all the negativity.
I expect a solid shooter with good multiplayer based on their track record, but without decent community I won't be buying the game unfortunately.

No No....I am asking him if it was as good a gameplay as Resistance, coz I keep firing up that game, although I have finished it like 2 1/2 times.
Since, I find the artdesign and Aesthetics pretty average "in-game"(concept art is cool, but not translating well enough in-game), so , I want to know from deepbrown, since he played it so much, whether the gameplay holds up.Whether all the mantel and rebel abilities really are fun or not. It depends a lot on how the AI perceives these abilities and whether their behaviour has been modeled according to these special abilities we have and will use.Whether the levels are interesting and offer good, intense firefights?

It doesn't matter to me if the game does well or not, coz GTA4 and MGS4 are eclipsing everything right now.Even me. I don't like GTA but MGS is my true love.:oops:, and even I am holding up everything else till I buy MGS, coz once that arrives, I know I'll be playing only mGS.

yeah, textures are not very impressive at all. the game overall looks decent. at least it runs well.

if it has a solid single-player campaign, coop is still something haze has going for it.

Back