Haze : The official game thread

Now Eurogamer has a list of UbiSoft's titles coming this fall and it shows that while Haze will debut on the PS3 on Nov. 23 it will also be released on the Xbox 360 and PC the following week on Nov. 30.

Ahhh so it was a timed exclusive after all. A 1 week timed exclusive :LOL:

I bet they'll be laughing if the world ends during that one week period!

"Aw, too bad, man! Now you have to fight the minions of Satan, and you didn't even get to play Haze!"

Haze Dev Diary - Haze has not been confirmed for PC and Xbox 360, exclusive to PS3 as

Set in the year 2048 in a world where Governments have outsourced military operations to Private Military Corporations (PMC), you play a newly enlisted soldier seeking fulfillment and thrills by fighting for a good cause.

Update: A spokesperson for Ubisoft has confirmed this morning that yesterday’s release schedule was incorrect. Haze is still to be confirmed for PC and Xbox 360, apparently, so the 30th November date now slips into the realms of TBA. The exclusive PS3 date remains the same

http://gamers-creed.com/?p=75#more-75

Guess is still a ps3 exclusive after all until further notice;)

So they're saying the official outlook is still... hazy? :p

(BTW: No reason for this to be its' own thread, and not included in the other one.)

It's timed exclusive in the fact that Free Radical are "Playstation" devs so started the PS3 version first (Which I am thankful for ;)) the "timed exclusive" portion maybe nothing more than adequate time to port the game to 360.

Looks meh tbh. Its not truely free roam like Crysis is, and it looks far far worse

1. "far far worse" is definitely an over-statement..

2. The game's a console game & not built to target $300,000 PCs..

3. FRD aren't renowned for targetting cutting edge graphics over attractive art direction and good gameplay..

4. Why the troll...?

1. "far far worse" is definitely an over-statement..

2. The game's a console game & not built to target $300,000 PCs..

1. This is a tunnel FPS, thefore in my eyes it looks far far worse (as tunnel fps is much easier to have looking nice)

2. I expected them to atleast achieve Crysis DX9 graphics.

4. Why the troll...?
Im simply stating my opinion about the graphics in this game, im not about to actively troll a multiplatform game (or any other game for that matter)

1. This is a tunnel FPS, thefore in my eyes it looks far far worse (as tunnel fps is much easier to have looking nice)

2. I expected them to at least achieve Crysis DX9 graphics.

Im simply stating my opinion about the graphics in this game, im not about to actively troll a multiplatform game (or any other game for that matter)

Fair enough..

Your oppinion is just as valid as anyone else's I suppose..

In anycase I personally don't agree with you..

There definitely doesn't seem to be a sense of "tunnel" like gameplay only in Haze.. More like limited scope open areas to traverse..

I don't see what's different to this from games like Halo and half life however..

And your idea that a tunnel FPS makes it easier to look "nice" seems to neglect the fact that things aren't so simple in actuality.. When your developing a multi-million dollar FPS with only a finite set of resources available (time, budget, manpower) you're restriced predominantly by your ability to execute on a given scope the game you intend to realise..
To be brutally honest, the biggest limitation in implementing open world gameplay systems come by design and not by any arbitrary technical limitations imposed by the hardware.. In the end you can only get your team to generate so much art (at the required level of quality).. And if your team isn't the biggest in the world (FRD), with the largest financial backing (i.e. having EA fund the hell out of your title and market it as the flagship of DX10 technology..) you have to restrict your scope somewhat..

Granted it's not Crysis (what console game [or PC game for that matter] is..?) but it sure as hell looks [alot better in motion and looks] a lot better than alot of games out there and therefore deserves at least some degree of credit for the things it does right and the work that's been put into it..

---

I'm sorry but get pretty sick of individuals around the net calling every game that doesn't "adhere to the master visual fidelity of the highest of the high end game engines built specifically for monumentally expensive elitist platforms" crap, claiming it looks like ass and throwing it out when it's pretty damn clear that the game in question has strong visual qualities and is a blatant step up from the majority of what's on the market currently..

The fact is if this game was showcased way before anyone had ever seen or heard of gears, crysis or any of the most recent games in the pipe then they'd be in awe and so the fact that now suddenly the game looks bad speaks more of the shallow, ass-headedness of the viewer than any lack of artistic and technical merit of the game in question..

Games aren't easy to develop and they take alot of people alot of time and hard work to put togther (yep! even the bad ones!!)..
If anyone puts several years of their life into a title then I'd be damned if I didn't give at least some degree of credit to where it's due and recognise the strengths (as well as the weaknesses) of the title where present..

Sometimes I wish the industry could go back to the days where gameplay mattered most and us developers could be free to make games "we ourselves love to play" and not spend 20 times longer developing titles for people who care more about how it looks, how it pushes the hardware and how far it showcases the latest in cutting edge rendering technology..

If people really want photorealism then they should go watch CGI movies.. If they want an overall attractive, fun, immersive and detailed experience then they shouldn't complain all the time when a game doesn't look as good as crysis..

/rant

:rolleyes:

The Lair thread calls and says hi. You know Haze is a PS3 exclusive this year and the 360 version has never been seen, that is reason enough for many 360 fans to poo-poo Haze, I've seen it in every console forum.

The Lair thread calls and says hi. You know Haze is a PS3 exclusive this year and the 360 version has never been seen, that is reason enough for many 360 fans to poo-poo Haze, I've seen it in every console forum.

I think some people "poo-poo" it, is nto because it's on PS3, (It's going to be multi-platform eventually) but because from what the screen shots looks show, Haze is a typical 3D shooter that doesn't stand out in the crowd of games like COD4, HALO 3, bioshock, etc... all of which are coming out this fall. I look at the screen shots and pedigree of the developer (while a good development house, but remember how time splitters was supposed to be a Halo 1 killer?) and this game doesn't really impress me much...

Last edited by a moderator:
. You know Haze is a PS3 exclusive this year and the 360 version has never been seen, that is reason enough for many 360 fans to poo-poo Haze, I've seen it in every console forum.

Haze gets poo pood on because of how the game looks, not because its timed exclusive for a week or whatever.

This game could be a Halo twin, they both begins with an "H", are four letter word, have ridiculous helmets and armour-design, feature 4-player online coop, features vehicles etc etc.

The graphics looks good, but nothing mindblowing. Atleast it does'nt looks like all the surfaces are made of plastic or are wet like Clive Barkers Jericho. I think this game would look much nicer if it sported a lighting-system like Crysis.

Haze gets poo pood on because of how the game looks, not because its timed exclusive for a week or whatever.

Yeah agreed, this game is generic-a-ton looking. Hopefully it'll play really well because it'll have to or it won't stand a chance.

Back