GeForce 8800 Human Head demo available

Thats some really nice screenshots... gotta try this on my wifes PC. wow!

Looks really nice. With E6400 @ 3.2GHz and default 8800GTS 640MB runs around 20fps at 1280x1024 and 4x AA/16xAF.

what do you think about my implementation running on geffo 5 and up?

if you like it i can post executable ;)

Great light reflection on the skin ...:

It's a impressive demo, though.

Performance
1680x1050, 8800 GTX@600/2000, 160.03 and C2D E6400@3.2
1.0 = 34-40
1.5 = 26-32

WOW! This is EASILY the most impressive tech demo I have ever seen. Pretty much no matter what I show my girlfriend she's just like "meh" but I know this is going to knock her socks off. The thing is just completely photorealistic. Loving the way NV kept the eyes closed aswell to get around that limitation.

One thing confuses me though... if NV can do this, why the hell did they release Adrianne?? Because this makes that look like utter trash!

E6600, 8800GTS stock: 18fps @ 1280x1024 + 16AA/16AF, SS at 1.

Is it really that more impressive running it on your own machine compared to watching the video?

I haven't seen the video so hard to say but its damn impressive in real time. It basically looks exactly like the pictures except in motion!

You could easily mistake it for a full screen photo IMO, next they need to add realistic eyes and get it animated.

One thing confuses me though... if NV can do this, why the hell did they release Adrianne?? Because this makes that look like utter trash!
The technology's basically the same as the Adrianne demo. The problem with Adrianne is that they did full-body, and the rest of the body / the hair / the walking animation all looked like crap. If you looked at just Adrianne's face it was almost this good, just this demo's had an extra few months of polish added to it.

Well, the demo is impressive, but (unless I am missing something major) it's not animated. Static is good, now how about seeing it move?

BTW, I have a feeling that this part might be coming. Otherwise, why in the world did the model the inside of it's mouth and under the eyelids?

Cool demo, but the name of the demo got me thinking this was made by Human Head, devs of Prey

Impressive but certainly not as impressive as some are claiming. It very good but claiming its the best computer generated graphics ones seen is well, either you are suffering from extreme placebo or you haven't seen much CG lately.

Wasn't this what they promised with the ill-fated NV30 back in the days?

Real-time cinematic and life-like rendering...can't remember the exact quote but it was something along those lines ;)

Wasn't this what they promised with the ill-fated NV30 back in the days?

Real-time cinematic and life-like rendering...can't remember the exact quote but it was something along those lines ;)

Isn't this what every graphics card ever promised? I might be mistaken on the point of graphics however.

Back