Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

I love MP, but for starters how do you confuse wide open with closed areas? Those games have nothing in common. Maybe you're looking at different screens?

It looks almost identical to MP2 to me. Not that that's a bad thing, 'cause I love the atmosphere.

Oh, and underrated?

By underrated I mean that the game deserved more praise than it got.

MP deserved more reputation, appreciation and popularity.

It looks almost identical to MP2 to me.

Don know how,,, I mean its always going to look very similar due to the same art style and of course its not a generational leap in graphics. But the improvement in graphics is still instantly obvious to me:

119828-8-2.jpg

119828-11-2.jpg

119828-2-2.jpg

119828-1-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Those screenies look absolutely fabulous. I really hope they don't F the diffuiculty up like they did with Echoes. I could never finish that game..

Hope they have more of rthe paced exploration feel of the original Prime game. I loved that. And lots of outdoors areas. That too rawked with that geme.

Only thing I don't like from those images is they put an ass on Samus. What rthe hell's up with that? She may be a girl bu tshe's a girl in an EXOSKELETON SUIT.

Exoskeleton suits don't need asscheek outlines, it just looks dumb.
Peace.

Corruption is looking nice. I'm willing to bet that they used the older engine, though. This game has likely been in the making for a long time now.

Corruption is looking nice. I'm willing to bet that they used the older engine, though. This game has likely been in the making for a long time now.
They've said in interviews that they "drastically" modified the engine between 1 and 2, and that it's been modified further for 3.

Wow just wow!!! :oops:

Now THAT is the kind of graphics I demand from AAA Wii games. Retro is doing an awesome job on MP3! :yes:

Aside from the polycounts there's nothing in these screens that I'm pretty sure couldn't be done on the PS2 (by a good enough team)..

Great art though..

Aside from the polycounts there's nothing in these screens that I'm pretty sure couldn't be done on the PS2 (by a good enough team)..

Great art though..

Polycounts, texture quantity/quality/variety, lighting......

C'mon. that's like saying you could do Gears of War on a Wii, aside from polycounts. :LOL:.

Yea you could do it, but it wouldn't look as nice. And keep in mind this is a 1st gen Wii title.

Polycounts, texture quantity/quality/variety, lighting......

C'mon. that's like saying you could do Gears of War on a Wii, aside from polycounts. :LOL:.

Yea you could do it, but it wouldn't look as nice. And keep in mind this is a 1st gen Wii title.

What the hell are you talking about..?!

However alike my statement was to your example, the fact remains that I made no such rediculous claim & so any correletion between to the two is sparringly thin at best..

Sure gears would look pretty ugly on the Wii.. But i'm pretty god damn sure this game would look near identical done on PS2 hardware (with the exception of characters having a little more "angular" edging due to lower polycounts..) & especially from a technical standpoint (which was the focus of my point to begin with)..
The wii would *severely* struggle (or fail at it altogether) with the HDR, parallax mapping and advanced rendering techniques used in gears so next time i'd think a little bit more before you make such comments against my own..

& for what's its worth, the biggest strength of MP3's visual appeal comes from the incredibly strong art direction of which I already commended..

What the hell are you talking about..?!

Sure gears would look pretty ugly on the Wii.. But i'm pretty god damn sure this game would look near identical done on PS2 hardware (with the exception of characters having a little more "angular" edging due to lower polycounts..) & especially from a technical standpoint (which was the focus of my point to begin with)..

You´re pretty sure based on what?.. I´d really like to know what you´re basing these very odd comments on.

You´re pretty sure based on what?.. I´d really like to know what you´re basing these very odd comments on.

On what I can see?

Besides the bloom (which PS2 has done before in a wide variety of games such as ICO, SOTC, Athur and the invisibles etc..) the list of rendering techniques visible aren't anywhere particularly far from what could be achieved via directX 8.0's fixed function pipeline even..

You only have to look at games like God of War to see that this game is "graphically" on par (or only marginally better at best)..

I don't know why so many of you are disputing this idea?

I love MP, but for starters how do you confuse wide open with closed areas? Those games have nothing in common. Maybe you're looking at different screens?

It looks almost identical to MP2 to me. Not that that's a bad thing, 'cause I love the atmosphere.

Oh, and underrated?

Here are some screens from MP1:

archangelmorph,

I think it's pretty clear that there was an incremental increase in quality from MP1 to MP2, and a HUGE increase from MP2 to MP3.

It is quite clear that MP3 is next-gen while MP2 was GC. And consider that MP2 is considered to have pushed the GC to its limits, and I think it's quite obvious that

a) The Wii has a lot more power available to it than the GC did
b) MP3 could not be done without significant downgrades in quality if put on the GC, and in particular the PS2
c) The texture quality and quantity, poly counts, lighting, et al could not be done on the GC. Those screens are proof.

Same goes for Mario Galaxy, Smash Brothers, etc. That we've seen mostly PS2 and GC ports to date (yes, including Zelda) doesn't mean that games that were designed for the Wii from the ground up (MP3 for instance) could be done on those systems.

No way at all.

pipo,

Still think MP3 is the same as MP2 in quality? :)

Back