Killzone will certainly not match the trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butta

Regular
I don't know how anyone expects that Killzone will look anything like the 2005 trailer when what we have been shown at Gamers Day (although very impressive) is no where near that trailer and those titles are being made by technically stronger teams (based on released titles). I imagine Crysis will be the only title to come even close to the impressive Killzone trailer. One can always dream :LOL:

Excellent! A topic never before touched upon, and certainly worth of much in-depth, thought-provoking discussion!

I don't know how anyone expects that Killzone will look anything like the 2005 trailer when what we have been shown at Gamers Day (although very impressive) is no where near that trailer and those titles are being made by technically stronger teams (based on released titles). I imagine Crysis will be the only title to come even close to the impressive Killzone trailer. One can always dream :LOL:

QFT, although they may still make it impressive and have strong gameplay! :smile:

I don't know how anyone expects that Killzone will look anything like the 2005 trailer when what we have been shown at Gamers Day (although very impressive) is no where near that trailer and those titles are being made by technically stronger teams

1. Did you need to see trailers at gamersday to come with this conclusion?

2. This has been discussed to death here on beyond 3d, and most people here agree that whats done in the KZ2 trailer is impossible (whats done technical, like the 1 million polygon characters, is flat out impossible), however a lot of neat things can be "faked" to give a very close results.

3. I suggest you do a search before making a new KZ2 topic regarding the 2005 trailer

Great post!

I don't think any game will or ever has matched a CG video made to hype the game. If anyone ever expected it to match it you should wear a helmet and take a short bus.

and most people here agree that whats done in the KZ2 trailer is impossible (whats done technical, like the 1 million polygon characters, is flat out impossible), however a lot of neat things can be "faked" to give a very close results.

There are no million poly characters in the Killzone trailer. There is absolutely nothing in the trailer that is not a standard PS3 rendering technique. Anyone who has tried to claim otherwise has an agenda to fill the need for the Xbox fan manta 'not as good as teh CG'.

Killzone gameplay will not have the smoothly animating cinematic cameras or the continuous animations for the characters. And the cut scene character animation will be replaced by actual game AI.

And, please, give the 'I know a guy who works at..." BS a rest.

It is really pathetic that Xbox fans most hoped for moment this console cycle this generation is to be able to type "not as good as teh CG" when Killzone is released.

Tony really is a fucking monster. I have no sympathy for that character anymore.
That cold dead look he gets in his eyes is creepy. :oops:

I heard Killzone 2 will be reusing sprites from Demon Attack.

Demon_Attack_2600_ScreenShot2.jpg

while i agree it won't match the trailer, first of all, KZ was not shown at Gamers day... it was shown at GDC a few months ago. and second, what was shown at GDC was pretty much just a PS Edge tech demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back