Sega Rally Revo: wait, finally a video?

meh?
Could you elaborate on that meh? The video is low quality so it is hard to judge them from that (rather overall look). As for gameplay, it looks like a Sega Rally game all fans have been waiting for. I don't see what so 'meh' about it.

Just because your game looks awesome, doesn't mean you can 'meh' other devs' at least decent efforts with just one word. At least type what you don't like about the video.

Either that video is real bad or that game is real bad looking. It looks like an Xbox 1 game.

For buggery's sake. I hate it when people say that.

Go look at an xbox game then come back and say that. It's the art direction you don't like - the effects are pretty good from what I can see, deformable terrain (ruts growing), high detail texturing, brilliant particles, loads of vegetation, HDR, bloom (not overdone either!)

Just because you don't like the particular art direction is no reason to say that it looks like an XB1 game. It looks like sega rally, wide tracks, fantastic locations and bright colours.

Just because your game looks awesome, doesn't mean you can 'meh' other devs' at least decent efforts with just one word. At least type what you don't like about the video.

This is a decent effort? How can you tell based on the low quality video?

That video, IMO looks on par with RC, which repi made for a console that was 20x less powerful

The art direction is fine, just a little generic. I think the graphics look last gen. The background and vegitation looks sprite like. The mud effects were just blobs (maybe it was the pixelated video) and the track was just a single lane rail racer. I guess I'm spoiled by the look and feel of game like Motorstorm and DIRT.

It might be a fun game, but if you want to excite people about a game don't release poor videos.

Looks very poor to me, the cars look very cartooney and the physics just look very wrong.

I always thought Saga Rally had quite believable physics, something that SRII didn't. For example the way the cars suddenly stop sliding, like they find some rails, and this video looked the same :(

This is a decent effort? How can you tell based on the low quality video?

That video, IMO looks on par with RC, which repi made for a console that was 20x less powerful

I think I am the one who praised RSC2 on this forum.;) I don't think it looks that bad. The first scene of the video was really bad, but later scenes were much better. Trees definitely do not lok like sprites. The game has dynamic shadowing unlike certain other highly praised on this forum for its graphics racing game. AFAIK Sega Rally also aims at 1080p60, so it obviously does not going to look nearly as good as PGR4/Motorstorm/Dirt, but it doesn't mean it looks bad.

And still it would be much better to judge some direct-feed high quality footage.;)

(i only saw the first 20 seconds or so, which looked horrible)

Well go have a look at the rest, which is far more rich.

Sure, its not my cup of tea in looks but it's far more complex than people are giving it credit for in this thread.

Doesn't look too bad towards the end. It gives me a Ridge Racer on Mud kind of vibe.

Doesn't look too bad towards the end. It gives me a Ridge Racer on Mud kind of vibe.

yep, that sliding reminds me of RR with better lighting and a better sense of speed.... and much better environments... foliage looks Uncharted-like (if you see past the crappy video compression)

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone once pointed out on this forum that this is a multiplatform equivalent of Motorstorm in terms of terrain deformation. Seems it's off.

Someone once pointed out on this forum that this is a multiplatform equivalent of Motorstorm in terms of terrain deformation. Seems it's off.

too soon to tell, wouldn't you say?

we have not seen jack chit and these vids have lots of mud deformation AFAICS

Im not to judge the final product outcome, but from that video, it doesnt look impressive :|

Must find better footage :smile:

I was rather shocked by repi's post, but then I saw the video. It does look like an Xbox game. RSC2, in fact, might surpass it. So I can certainly understand his post.

The second video posted in this thread is better, but it still seems like a halfway point between the Sega Rally Revo shots we've seen so far and Outrun.

Back