ATI Radeon HD 2000 Series Real-Time Demos

Tho new demos for the Radeon HD 2000 Series are out.
http://ati.amd.com/developer/demos/rhd2000.html

Only video streaming and HD download for now, hopefully they'll put the EXEs later.

Ruby: Whiteout
Ruby's latest adventure takes place in a rugged, mountainous terrain where her skills as a snowboarder are tested and may just save her life. This fast paced, action packed demo exploits the power of the ATI Radeon HD 2900XT to create a rich and expansive landscape of snow, rock, and ice. From the procedural snow accumulation on the harsh terrain to the wrinkles on Ruby's brow and the physics that drive each strand of fur on Ruby's fur collar, the ATI Radeon HD 2900XT can handle it all.
and

Tessellation
The tessellation support contained in all the ATI Radeon HD 2000 series allows for the generation of highly detailed geometry from simple base meshes and displacement maps. This feature enables game developers to significantly raise the visual quality and complexity of their titles while lowering the cost of development. Tessellation offers a number of benefits in addition to increased geometric complexity - including more animation data, higher quality animation and stable, predictable performance. Tessellation is also an effective method of compression for both vertex and animation data giving both memory and storage savings.

lol, the streaming window is fubared (video not shown here due to overlay)

rubyuw9.png

unresizable window. I can still get it in full screen but.. colors are garbage, a sort of thermal pseudo-color vision but with big green, magenta, yellow etc. blocks. I'm not downloading the big files which may or may not play well on that particular PC (XP1800+). so, see you later Ruby!

lol, the streaming window is fubared (video not shown here due to overlay)

unresizable window. I can still get it in full screen but.. colors are garbage, a sort of thermal pseudo-color vision but with big green, magenta, yellow etc. blocks. I'm not downloading the big files which may or may not play well on that particular PC (XP1800+). so, see you later Ruby!

OT i guess in the firefox prefereces you can make all the windows resizable

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I wonder if this HW tessellator is capable enough to process and apply a custom fractal generators for effects, like erosion on a terrain or modeling the surface of an entire planet (with decent LOD, of course)? :oops:

Best DX10 demo I've seen.

The wipeout demo shows what the R600 is about and the tessellator is put to good use.

What a confusing carrot for developers this is with nVidia likely to dominate this generation.

It will be interesting to see what and if Xbox ports look and play better on AMD hardware and what impact this has.

Back