Condemned 2 [PS3&X360]

Is v-sync anabled this time?!
'Cause the first one was giving me headaches... I really liked it, except for the headache part of course:)

The game stays vsynced constantly here, but then so did the original. Perhaps the tearing you saw was an issue with the PAL version or your output settings?

As for the combat, it builds on the original with plenty of added depth. I place it near the top of games in general in terms of intensity, and far more engaging than any other survival horror game I've ever seen.

360 US version is apparently region free! That means cheap gaming for us PAL users.

Is it true the PS3 version has been delayed?

Yes just a week. At least they're getting one, im waiting for the PC version which they havent even announced yet :cry:
That's surprising. The first one came out day and date on PC, right?

Anyway, how's the atmosphere of the single player for those who are playing?

That's surprising. The first one came out day and date on PC, right?

It was announced for next-gen consoles and PC, but the PC version didn't have a confirmed release date until a couple months after the 360 version was released; the PC version came last April.

The demo was delayed 1 week & I didn't find out till the shipping day which was the 11th. As far as I know the PS3 was listed at GameStop as being shipped on the 11th as well right up till the 11th. This seems like a business delay in favor of the 360 & not a development delay.

Edit: Best Buy & other Sunday Ads said the game would be in stores on Wednesday the 12th. With a picture of both the PS3 & 360 versions. So all seemed fine as far as shipping on the 9th.

Edit again: Besides the delay & no demo, does anyone else agree that the PS3 is sorely lacking in Demo's for newer games when compared to the 360?

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't know, i think they've been better lately. they had demos for DMC4, Turok, Burnout, MLB The Show, Conflict and LP. but yeah, Sony is definitely lagging behind a little as far as demos. off the top of my head, in terms of recent releases, we don't have an Army of Two, Condemned, MLB 2k8 or Turning Point demo. with that said, though, the only one on that list that i would like, is Condemned.

Agreed they have been a bit better in the last couple of months, but still it seems the demo's released lately are for games that will not sell well.

Of course when I say Demo's for the PS3 & 360 I mean games released on both systems. The 360 got a demo for HL2 Ep2, but the PS3 didn't. This one is off the top of my head & I know there are more but this is what really bothers me.

Someone a few months ago accused me of joining the conspiracy against the PS3. I replied that I wasn't on that side as I bought a PS3 for my main gaming rig. But now I am starting to believe there is a bit of an industry conspiracy against the PS3.

Agreed they have been a bit better in the last couple of months, but still it seems the demo's released lately are for games that will not sell well.

Of course when I say Demo's for the PS3 & 360 I mean games released on both systems. The 360 got a demo for HL2 Ep2, but the PS3 didn't. This one is off the top of my head & I know there are more but this is what really bothers me.

Someone a few months ago accused me of joining the conspiracy against the PS3. I replied that I wasn't on that side as I bought a PS3 for my main gaming rig. But now I am starting to believe there is a bit of an industry conspiracy against the PS3.

I would not go that far on your last statement about the PS3, IMO while game sales in general are soaring already this year, it's amazing to me because with the 360 having it's own faults with serious hardware problems. Every single person I know personally has had the "3 ring of death" on there 360's. Quality is a number one concern for any buyer purchasing a product, Period.

I swayed back and forth for months undecided on whether to buy into the SOny PS3 with all it's gloomy future broadcasted all over the internet daily or the 360 with an established library of games but with a chance of known hardware issues.

Needless to say I came to this somewhat harsh decision. "Console breaks = no game play", and yes I understand the warranty that was instated by Microsoft, I just scaled it back to the obvious. Needless to say I choose the PS3 which is currently running "FOLDING at Home" at the moment, probably for the last 11 hours since last night when I stoped playing COD4.

I too am waiting for this shockwave from soon to be releases from Sony. Yes I agree some games have been delayed extensively, one that I have been watching for sometime is SOCOM Confrontation, this game was supposed to be out last Christmas. I truly believe HOME's delay has somehow effected other game releases, simply due to the games integration with it in some form or another.

I would not go that far on your last statement about the PS3, IMO while game sales in general are soaring already this year...

Your talking about 360 game sales soaring right? Not PS3?

This game was going to be on my purchase list. Had it of came out last week, I would of bought it Day one.

Luckily it got delayed for me and it will save me the $60. This has moved to a rental for me. Any word on if we get the demo in this weeks PSN update?

That could help sway me back to the purchase side.

Just tried the demo and it was eerie, at the moment its a buy for me, I'll just finish the demo first and then see what I'll end up doing.

Just tried the demo and it was eerie, at the moment its a buy for me, I'll just finish the demo first and then see what I'll end up doing.

TBH, I was a bit disappointed because I found the gfx a bit dated. Otherwise it was typical Condemned gameplay.

The game stays vsynced constantly here, but then so did the original. Perhaps the tearing you saw was an issue with the PAL version or your output settings?

As for the combat, it builds on the original with plenty of added depth. I place it near the top of games in general in terms of intensity, and far more engaging than any other survival horror game I've ever seen.

My output settings must have been the case now that you mention it... I didn't have an HDtv back then. But it seems weird that vsync was disabled in sd... I'll give it a try on my pj...

TBH, I was a bit disappointed because I found the gfx a bit dated. Otherwise it was typical Condemned gameplay.

Seconded. This went from a must buy 3 months ago, to a rental, to now I may just pass entirely.

I was a huge fan of the first game. It was one of the first HD era games I played, and after the intro scene walking into the building I was hooked.

This demo just felt a little tired.

Back