Sony's Gamers Day 2007

Really not too impressed with the heavenly sword footage (I know I"ll get flamed to the ends of the Earth for this!). It looked rather unimpressive in action/animation. Hoping a demo for this game is released. Certainly not a blind buy from what I saw.

Uncharted = a better FarCry and since FC was a favorite game of mine to play, I'm quite excited about this :D

Ratchet and clank = maybe I grew out of it but had 0 appeal to me and seemed quite choppy. Hopefully they throw in a variety of enemies otherwise it can probably get very repetitive after you learn to deal with the different enemies coming at you in same set waves.

Really not too impressed with the heavenly sword footage (I know I"ll get flamed to the ends of the Earth for this!). It looked rather unimpressive in action/animation. Hoping a demo for this game is released. Certainly not a blind buy from what I saw.

Uncharted = a better FarCry and since FC was a favorite game of mine to play, I'm quite excited about this :D

Ratchet and clank = maybe I grew out of it but had 0 appeal to me and seemed quite choppy. Hopefully they throw in a variety of enemies otherwise it can probably get very repetitive after you learn to deal with the different enemies coming at you in same set waves.

Damn right you ll get flamed. I ll make sure you ll wish you were never born :LOL:
j/k

But I think you are way too picky. So much that you expect more impressive things from the already impressive:p

Well, it was SONY gamers day not PS3 gamers day ;)

There were a fair number of third party games there, but mostly western. Stranglehold (a UE3 game that looks as good on PS3 apparently - shock), Sega Rally Revo, The Darkness come off the top of my head, along with others.

Jungle settings aside, the gameplay doesn't look like Far Cry at all .. :) It looks like a pretty awesome mix of Tomb Raider, Gears of War/RE4...an adventure game with gunplay.

There's so much media out there and more coming, it'll take a while to get through. One surprise sofar for me is Folklore..looks really nice, sounds really good, and it starts off in Ireland, so it automatically gets bonus points from me :p Also, if you guys haven't already, check out the R&C screenshots on IGN..some of them, in particular one including another apparent boss, are just jaw-dropping.

edit - i.e. this one:

ratchetclankfuturetoolsgx5.jpg

OMG :oops:
These games are......I ll buy 2 PS3's

I am watching Uncharted now!! The water effects...shadows..animation.... BRILLIANT

edit: I watch some more trailers and footage!! The games are UNBELIEVABLE

:) Brings back memories of when I saw Prince of Persia for the very first time.

Asides from media, some info, if it was missed.

Warhawk will release simultaneously on the PSN and on Blu-ray. The Blu-ray version will come with a bluetooth headset. The beta starts next week on May 24.

SOCOM: Confrontation will be released this October on PSN and on Blu-ray. Being developed by SixSlantGames who collaborated with Zipper and Sony Bend on previous projects. Will be 32-player online only, will feature additional content over time.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/46991

Heavenly Sword's graphics just get better and better. They've obviously spent a whole lot of time on the cinematic. If the game play gets even half the amount of loving attention as the cinematics are getting, it's obviously going to be a AAA game.

Uncharted is just looking so awesome. The cut scene character animations are totally next gen. The in game animations could use a bit of tuning in place, but still head and shoulders above other games. My only concern for this kind of game is that I hope they don't go the route of making just another shooter. And I hope they have a really good story lined up to back up the visuals.

Ratchet and Clank looks impossibly good. Currently, it's probably the most visually impressive out of the bunch. It's just so rich and the engine seem to almost effortlessly match what they are trying to accomplish.

SOCOM looks promising even at this early stage. As a down loadable game I would certainly give it a shot.

Almost all games they showed were quite impressive. It's going to be a very fun and exciting second half of the year for PS3 gamers! :LOL:

Dito.

I'm really impressed. Actually i can't remember when ive been impressed this much by a game - just there are more than one now!

PS3 really starting to show big a difference among its competitors seing all this detail.

Reading some of the hands on reports from IGN it's pleasing to see that at least some people at UBISoft are capable of making a decent port.

Graw 2 is said to look and feel exactly like the 360 version.

I have to agree with the Heavenly Sword animation. During the gameplay it looks like it could do with a few more frames of animation. Otherwise it looks amazing. Hard to judge the gameplay based on some short videos, but I won't be the right person to judge anyway becuse I'm not too keen on Devil May Cry type gameplay mechanics anyway.
The Uncharted has risen to the absolute top of my most wanted games. Technically it just looks so polished and cinematic.
Ratchet and Clank had some choppiness in places, but only when there was a lot happening on screen. And the game seemed to be running on some devstation and with a lot of debugging in place and such, so it's safe to assume the game is not yet near finished so there's plenty of time for optimisation. R&C games on PS2 have all been very polished and running without noticeable hiccups, so there's still hope this'll run as smoothly.
Anyway, even as it is now, it still was more smooth than most current games ;)

I have to agree with the Heavenly Sword animation. During the gameplay it looks like it could do with a few more frames of animation.
Just to clear this up, the animation system in HS uses curves.. it's not keyframe based. So there's no concept of 'adding more frames'.

Cheers,
Dean

Still working my way through the GameTrailers vids.

HS hasn't impressed me greatly, primarily because I want to see the army events! After the original E3 footage with the army and elephants coming over the hill en masse, that for me has been the stand out feature of HS, but it hasn't been demo'd yet. Get all those people and flags and smoke and stuff happening and then I'll doff my cap! The gameplay itself isn't something that appeals to me. I didn't get on with GOW. The cutscene was very good, especially the close-up, but the flickery shadows are a constant detraction for me.

Drakes Fortune caught me off guard, strangely. I'm not into 'shooters' and at first while watching it I was being quite analytical (would prefer better contrast on the shadows - they're detailed but there's not much difference between full sunlight and shade. And the ground collisions are a bit ropey with Drake hovering in mid air...). But then, for some reason, I noticed I was 'getting into it'. I think it was the realism of the setting, maybe, but I liked the idea of shooting off the gun and missing a lot. Perhaps the animation was helping too on a subconcious level, drawing me into Drake's situation?

Lair looked messy and uninspiring. And the sea seemed jolly regular...

The Folklore trailer had nice art direction. Dunno what the game's like (more vids to see!)

RnC looks great visually in size, but they really need some soft shadowing under objects! The boxes and grass just look superimposed without any shadows to them. And as for gameplay, I don't get it. There's all these weapons, but they all do the same sort of thing. Why choose the buzz saw over the flame thrower over the fire grenade things over the fusion grenades? They all just slay baddies, and do so as effectively as each other. From the looks of it, you could stick with the buzz saw launcher and get everyone in the first level. The different weapons seem redundant as on the whole they serve no unique purpose.

Pain is...um...rag-doll physics : the video game.

(would prefer better contrast on the shadows - they're detailed but there's not much difference between full sunlight and shade

yeah thats gametrailers fault... too bright. Gamespot footage Its alot better (contrast and color)

Uncharted is just looking so awesome. The cut scene character animations are totally next gen. The in game animations could use a bit of tuning in place, but still head and shoulders above other games. My only concern for this kind of game is that I hope they don't go the route of making just another shooter. And I hope they have a really good story lined up to back up the visuals.
I agree, but I also hoe they redo the foliage. It looks a little awkward.

Pain reminds me of "Ouch my balls" from the movie Idiocracy.

The rest of the games look very good, I hope at least some come out in 2007.

Jungle settings aside, the gameplay doesn't look like Far Cry at all .. :) It looks like a pretty awesome mix of Tomb Raider, Gears of War/RE4...an adventure game with gunplay.

Yes! I had a smile going when I saw a cover system being used. The main character animation was damn good. Lots of dynamic movements which was cool to see.

Quality of AI will make a big diff on how well this game play. It seems to have the rest of the package sorted. I'm hoping they do a good soundtrack. Add lots of jungle noises and really work the surround :)

DEMOS!!!!!!

Sod footage, if there are demos good enough for gamers day, they should let everyone download them.

Back