What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah just stopped playing that one. Got it for a few bucks on the Steam sale a week or so ago and played about 10 hours, or about 2/3rd of the way through. There is definitely a lot of walking. Fun game, but didn't feel compelled to finish it.

Yeah... The other issue I have with the game is the low FOV. Pretty annoying. Oh well. I guess at the moment there's nothing else I feel like playing. :p I rolled a magic/finesse, but I'm finding I prefer warrior/magic. I kinda like the stat trees available. Reminds me a bit of Fable, a bit of MMO (lots to do), and a tiny bit of kotor dialogue.

I was playing Overlord a bit, but then the game bugged out on me after some kitchen area, so I stopped.

Metro 2033 - also started playing through, but it was making me motion sick and I lost my way somewhere outside with this flying monster swooping around now and then.

Yeah just stopped playing that one. Got it for a few bucks on the Steam sale a week or so ago and played about 10 hours, or about 2/3rd of the way through. There is definitely a lot of walking. Fun game, but didn't feel compelled to finish it.

Lots of fast travel between the areas you've already explored.

Yeah... The other issue I have with the game is the low FOV. Pretty annoying. Oh well. I guess at the moment there's nothing else I feel like playing. :p I rolled a magic/finesse, but I'm finding I prefer warrior/magic. I kinda like the stat trees available. Reminds me a bit of Fable, a bit of MMO (lots to do), and a tiny bit of kotor dialogue.

You can use Widescreen Fixer to increase the FOV on KOA.

Curious about your verdict about Brothers' famous last moments. There was a shit ton of hype about the way the game intertwined gameplay with story telling at one specific point (and as a result it appeared on lots of top-10 lists last year), but it didn't feel particularly revelatory to me. "Kinda cute" were basically my thoughts. No more. No less.

You know I'm not even sure I'm going to finished Brothers. It did have a ton of hype and the game is ok, but I'm not as enamored with it as others seem to be. I finished Gunpoint for example in one sitting, and same with Gone Home, I couldn't pull away from those games until they were done. I dunno why but Brothers isn't really grabbing me yet.

I rolled a magic/finesse, but I'm finding I prefer warrior/magic. I kinda like the stat trees available.

I actually went pure magic with my red headed hottie and piled all the points there. She became seriously powerful and I could ravage even large groups of people, but I could get into trouble if I got surrounded.

Lots of fast travel between the areas you've already explored.

For sure and I used that, but still seemed like a bunch of running. I may come back to the game, who knows. It is a good game and totally worth the few bucks I paid for it, but I just came off finishing Far Cry 3 and Bioshock Infinite which were exceptional games so maybe that's why I didn't feel compelled to finish Amalur.

Started playing the Bioshock Infinite DLC, but seems like I ran into a game breaking bug. Near the beginning when you have to knock on a door that says Cohen on it, the dude will answer the door then go away, and I can't move at that point. I can look around but moving is blocked. After some web searching it turns out that's a bug and that you have to be sure Elizabeth is there before you knock on that door otherwise you get stuck. So I reload or restart that checkpoint and look for Elizabeth but she is no where to be found. Eventually I found her when I go back to the elevator, when I send the elevator down Elizabeth briefly appears in the elevator and then all of a sudden she slides right through the floor and disappears forever. I looked for her again everywhere and poof, she was gone for good so I'm permanently bug stuck and have to restart the game :( Guess I'll shelve this one and see if they fix the bugs when part 2 of the dlc comes out.

While they fix that game I started playing Contrast. Control can be a bit wonky but it's cool, definitely a unique game.

For sure and I used that, but still seemed like a bunch of running. I may come back to the game, who knows. It is a good game and totally worth the few bucks I paid for it, but I just came off finishing Far Cry 3 and Bioshock Infinite which were exceptional games so maybe that's why I didn't feel compelled to finish Amalur.

nah, it's just plain long. i liked the game a lot and thought it was a pretty solid arpg, better than most of the others. but it feels long and isnt worth finishing. the grindiness of the content is just boring after awhile. totally worth it for the first 15 hrs or so tho, imo.

Found Supreme Commander and Forged Alliance in my Steam library. Tried FA last night and got my sweet little ass handed to me multiple times by the easy AI. I am doing something wrong...

Found Supreme Commander and Forged Alliance in my Steam library. Tried FA last night and got my sweet little ass handed to me multiple times by the easy AI. I am doing something wrong...

Even the hard AI is super easy to beat and I'm not very good at the game, I just love to turtle too much :). You should propably search the net for a good starting build order and general guides for managing the economy and army building.

I think my problem is turtling as well :). I could probably win if I went on the offensive, but that's not my style. Don't think the game's for me :)

Any fans of the Anno series here? One of my all time favorites is Anno 1701, so I purchased 2070 for full price on steam... one day before it went on sale for $8 :???:

Anyway I find it stupid compared to 1701. In fact I stopped playing it and reinstalled 1701. Man what a fantastic game! Still looks good too, though not on the level of 2070.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. Grabbed it on Steam during the holiday sales and finally got around to d/l it. Too much head bobbing, which makes me sick if I play for too long, but other than that I haven't had this much fun with a shooter in years.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. Grabbed it on Steam during the holiday sales and finally got around to d/l it. Too much head bobbing, which makes me sick if I play for too long, but other than that I haven't had this much fun with a shooter in years.

Yeah, I loved the game!! Highly recommended...

I loved how fantastically old school shooting mechanics are in this game. I can't explain it but it's something about this game reminding me Quake 3 and Blood 2 way of moving and shooting. Besides it looks good to great depending on place.
Card stories are also very educational and give this game a bit more wild west climate!

It's not very long, just perfect size for holiday break fun and the way narration is done is awesome :p

Any fans of the Anno series here? One of my all time favorites is Anno 1701, so I purchased 2070 for full price on steam... one day before it went on sale for $8 :???:

Anyway I find it stupid compared to 1701. In fact I stopped playing it and reinstalled 1701. Man what a fantastic game! Still looks good too, though not on the level of 2070.

I'll have to track down 1701 because I bought 2070 a while back and it's just SLOW (paced) and boring IMHO.

Looks like the only way to buy Anno 1701 (aka 1701 AD) is ebay or Amazon on CD...not available anywhere for digital download that I can find... :(

Finished Gunslinger (hated the final mission with all the ghosts) and immediately started over in + mode so I could keep all the upgrades. Tried doing the Old West difficulty, but lack of a reticle was too much for my aged reflexes.

Looks like the only way to buy Anno 1701 (aka 1701 AD) is ebay or Amazon on CD...not available anywhere for digital download that I can find... :(

I bought a boxed copy years ago but (surprise) couldn't find it the other day, so I decided to purchase it through Steam or something similar. After a half hour searching in vain... Yaarrrrr Mateys! I was playing in 20 minutes.

BTW it uses the abominable TAGES DRM, which my antivirus immediately detected and blocked (lol) with no ill effect on the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a boxed copy years ago but (surprise) couldn't find it the other day, so I decided to purchase it through Steam or something similar. After a half hour searching in vain... Yaarrrrr Mateys! I was playing in 20 minutes.

BTW it uses the abominable TAGES DRM, which my antivirus immediately detected and blocked (lol) with no ill effect on the game.

Would love to know which service you purchased through as I've not found it anywhere for download (not on Steam of any of the others I've searched). Also read there are lots of issues with TAGES DRM and W7-64. I wonder if the W7/DRM issues lead to sellers pulling it.

Would love to know which service you purchased through as I've not found it anywhere for download (not on Steam of any of the others I've searched). Also read there are lots of issues with TAGES DRM and W7-64. I wonder if the W7/DRM issues lead to sellers pulling it.

You should read his post again carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back