What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm playing 'Cursed Treasure : Dont Touch My Gems'. Very addictive and free flash tower defense game with rpg elements (levelling, skill buffs). Not sure about whether to link to it, but it should be very easy to find.

I haven't checked yet. I'm not touching this game without a patch. The performance is really that horrible on my system (AMD X2 2400, 2GB, Vista, GTX 285).

I haven't checked yet. I'm not touching this game without a patch. The performance is really that horrible on my system (AMD X2 2400, 2GB, Vista, GTX 285).

Do you mean the Athlon X2 BE-2400? If so, that is 500MHz shy of the minimum spec...

Also, you probably need more RAM. GPU should be more than fine.

Do you mean the Athlon X2 BE-2400? If so, that is 500MHz shy of the minimum spec...

Also, you probably need more RAM. GPU should be more than fine.
Demo was running ok. No issues. Developers said if the demo runs ok, game will, too. So, let's see.

You could get a Phenom X3 715 for $85.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103679

No offense, but complaining about performance when you are clearly not meeting the minimum requirement is not likely to accomplish much.
Which minimum requirements are we talking about here? The minimum requirements that were communicated a while ago and that are printed on back of the german collector's edition box and that my system does meet or are we talking about the the minimum requirements that are printed on the back of the german regular edition that no one knew about beforehand and that my system does not meet?

Anyways, a hotfix came out last night and performance went waaay up, from low single digits to mid-twenties, I would say. No sign of AA, though. Edit: I'm playing @1600x1200, all settings high.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which minimum requirements are we talking about here?

The requirements listed on their webpage: http://www.arcania-game.com/?lang=en&ID=1840

PC Minimum Requirements
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.8 GHz / AMD Athlon II x2 @ 2.8 GHz
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics:GeForce 8800 GTX
DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c or higher
Hard Drive: 9 GB HDD Space
Sound: DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card

Looking into it a little more, I see some places listing a 3.2GHz P4 or Athlon 3500+ as the minimum. And then Steam has something different altogether:

Processor: Intel Dual Core, AMD Athlon Dual Core 3500+
Memory: 1 GB (Windows® XP), 1.5 GB (Windows® Vista)
Graphics: GeForce 8600 GTS, Radeon X1900 XTX/2DHT, 256 MB
DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c or higher
Hard Drive: 10 GB + 600 MB virtual memory
Sound: DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card

But I would assume the specs listed on their webpage are correct.

I usually do, but A. LOMAC is a weird acronym, and B. My google-fu is very weak. What other people can find in minutes, even seconds, I never find.

Nice way to be a jerk, though! :thumbsup:
Turns out that this one happened to be both of the first two links on Google ;) So yeah, neliz was being quite the jerk, but still, you could have gotten it!

Nice way to be a jerk, though! :thumbsup:

If I wanted to be really sarcastic, i would've use lmgtfy

Turns out that this one happened to be both of the first two links on Google ;) So yeah, neliz was being quite the jerk, but still, you could have gotten it!
I know lomac, but i completely forgot what it stood for, so I googled lomac and the description already told what I wanted to know.

Wow, I'm shocked. Usually, due to my exceedingly poor luck, it's like the 1,000th entry or something like that!

Wow, I'm shocked. Usually, due to my exceedingly poor luck, it's like the 1,000th entry or something like that!
I do have to admit, I've had horrible times finding a number of acronyms on Google myself. Usually my best bet for the harder-to-find ones is Wikipedia, which often has a "disambiguation" page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back