What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The demo is here: http://machinarium.net/demo/ which plays in the browser.

It's a point and click in the vien of things like Samorost and Full Pipe. It's not a talkie like The Longest Journey or Monkey Island, it's interested more in puzzles and art/animation. It's excellent and gorgeous.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't tell, but from reading the comments, it seems like it's a point-and-click (like myst genre?) with about 2 hours of gameplay.

I do wonder how they're figuring their numbers. Are they looking at how many people downloaded the game off torrent sites, how many installed the game, how many started playing it, or how many have played it beyond 15 minutes total?

they just picked the numbers from a torrent site I guess.

I played it at a friend who also waxed lyrical about it but for me it just doesn't appeal, I had loads more fun with Same&Max and Monkey Island.

I do wonder how they're figuring their numbers. Are they looking at how many people downloaded the game off torrent sites, how many installed the game, how many started playing it, or how many have played it beyond 15 minutes total?

Unless they post numbers most piracy numers need to be taken with lots of salt. 90% of 10k is 9000, of 100k is 90k (and it should be per tracker and not per site as they have material that is duplicate with different name of same ones from other sites so numbers will be greatly inflated). You often hear "we think", "we esstimate" and no numbers. However there is lots of piracy, nobody can deny that but this also partly seems like a marketing tactic for this game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played it at a friend who also waxed lyrical about it but for me it just doesn't appeal, I had loads more fun with Same&Max and Monkey Island.

I didn't mind Monkey Island, that could be pretty funny, but Sam and Max bugs me now (assuming we are talking about Telltales new series). There's nothing worse than a zany comedy game that doesn't quite hit the mark for you.

I was playing "restore your whole Exchange server after the system AND the databases got corrupted" yesterday. Gameplay was mediocre at best.

Now i'm back to Eve Online and TF2. Lot funnier.

Scrapland! OMG I forgot just how fantastic this game is, and it aged exceptionally well! Plays gorgeous out of the box widescreen and AA works. :)

heretic 2
someone asked if it ran on modern pc's so i tried it and thought might as well play it now
also elite force 2

Assassin's Creed 2 - Really disappointed with all the graphics popups.
Beat Splinter Cell Conviction.
Then its Mafia 2 and Batman AA.

Finally picked up Bad Company 2. My first real Battlefield experience since I was a kid with 1942, and I have to say it is very fun. Not very noob friendly though.

Is there a way to set an FPS cap? I'd like to cap at 30. Tried using the ToMMTi-Systems SSAA Tool to accomplish this, and it worked, but I get Punkbuster kicked with the message "Multiple DX versions loaded" or something like that.

Right now giving Crysis a run. Was just going to have some fast entertainment with first level and ended up 3 levels ahead.

Still stuck on BFBC2 and MW2, but preparing to switch to CoD: Black Ops. In the meantime I'll pick up Starcraft 2 next week and might (finally) finish Risen (RPG) to prepare for Arcania.

Looking forward to: Black Ops, Mafia 2 and Arcania

Playing the Witcher. Going to try to finish it this time despite the crappy combat in game. Just realized that Geralt is a sex addict and will screw basically anything in a skirt. :p Just a little more work and they could have made a medieval dating sim instead. :p

Regards,
SB

i just started playing the witcher too, its good, but it does get insanely hard about half way into chapter 2. im not even playing on hard mode either. so far ive banged out 3 women and a prostitute, not bad lol.

Went back to WoW. One thing I really enjoy about the RealID program, is cross-game chatting. I was chatting with some friends who were in the middle of a Starcraft bout. It's pretty amazing stuff.

WoW, however, has remained basically the same ;)

One thing I really enjoy about the RealID program, is cross-game chatting. I was chatting with some friends who were in the middle of a Starcraft bout. It's pretty amazing stuff.

So that's basically what Steam had for Eons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back