What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got mission failed in the chopper because i left the mission area, so much for freeform

A Quote from the website
"Freedom of Play: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising will give players the freedom to handle military crisis situations on their initiative."

unless of course your initiative tells you to sneak behind the enemy

"steam is too busy to handle this request"

omg, I haven't seen that since like the beginning of steam. It would be fascinating to find out how many games they've sold this past week. I imagine its pretty insane.

I've bought a ton of stuff, some of which I heard were good, some that I already owned but not on steam and the ~$3 was worth it for the ease of access. I think the only problem I'm going to have now is that I need to buy another SSD to extend the one I already have.

I do find it interesting what all the top sellers are.

omg, I haven't seen that since like the beginning of steam. It would be fascinating to find out how many games they've sold this past week. I imagine its pretty insane.

I've bought a ton of stuff, some of which I heard were good, some that I already owned but not on steam and the ~$3 was worth it for the ease of access. I think the only problem I'm going to have now is that I need to buy another SSD to extend the one I already have.

I do find it interesting what all the top sellers are.

I say, we need a Software Survey as Much as a Hardware Survey!

Is it any good? I haven't tried playing it yet.

It's nothing like the M:tG your username suggests, but it's a great Dungeon Crawler which you can thoroughly enjoy on rainy days.. and sunny days for that matter.
IMHO a better engagement than say Titan Quest, which builds a distance between you and your avatar and has non existent "acting" from the characters, it feels inanimate.

Torchlight is much better in that respect, there's loads of stuff going on on screen and it's netbook optimized so it runs on just about anything out there.

Recommended!++

Btw, It's Fyndhorn Elves, but as it is a 15 year old card, you're forgiven! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
We are all well an truly GEEKS!

anyone interested in buying my paper and Online magic stuff? ;)

btw, Nebula, have you tried Arma2 multiplayer? how do you like it? The beta/demo for the original Arma was fun yet horrible at times.

I also don't understand how the OA price is €30 on steam and it's sub 20 pounds in the UK :/

Finished playing Crysis for the first time. Didn't realise the game was actually pretty good. Plot, gameplay, AI were all above my expectations. I guess it was due to alot of people harping it as a "tech demo" hence my low expectations.

It did have some tedious moments but some parts were just glitch central. At the final showdown, I magically fell through the aircraft deck to the hanger/sea below several times..

Also played dawn of war 2 chaos rising. I dont know why they call this a RTS game. Its more like an RPG game with guns and tanks instead of melee weapons and magic. Making a FPS game using warhammer 40k fluff should be far more entertaining than this IMO. Bolters for instance are like mini rocket launchers fluff wise.

I am now playing titles in 3D and it is a marvelous experience. I am amazed at how well it is done. It is by all means a gimmick, but it is a gimmick worth investing in. Anyone even remotely interested in the concept should at least give it a try to experience it for themselves.

I am now playing titles in 3D and it is a marvelous experience. I am amazed at how well it is done. It is by all means a gimmick, but it is a gimmick worth investing in. Anyone even remotely interested in the concept should at least give it a try to experience it for themselves.

Yep, agreed!

I got rid of the eyefinity setup a couple of weeks ago (as it was really fairly distracting in some games, like say when trying to get through the more intense sections in Stalker CoP. Plus the aspect ratio was a constant struggle and I tended to keep at least one of the screens switched to a browser/messenger session on another PC anyway) and replaced 2 of the screens with a 24 inch 120 Hz panel, along with a pair of Nvidia shades, and jumped up a dimension.

As far as 3D games are concerned, Just Cause 2 is particularly well done and absolutely stunning, but I'm through with that and mainly playing Episodes from Liberty City at the moment, which is also magnificent in 3D.

no its just that everyone i knew who used the old shutter glasses (basically the same but with a lower refresh rate) said cool, then a month later they were in the cupboard.

Yep, agreed!

I got rid of the eyefinity setup a couple of weeks ago (as it was really fairly distracting in some games, like say when trying to get through the more intense sections in Stalker CoP. Plus the aspect ratio was a constant struggle and I tended to keep at least one of the screens switched to a browser/messenger session on another PC anyway) and replaced 2 of the screens with a 24 inch 120 Hz panel, along with a pair of Nvidia shades, and jumped up a dimension.

As far as 3D games are concerned, Just Cause 2 is particularly well done and absolutely stunning, but I'm through with that and mainly playing Episodes from Liberty City at the moment, which is also magnificent in 3D.

Witcher, BFBC2, DMC4, FC2, L4D1&2, DA:O, Titans Quest, CoD:MW2, and FC2 are all also very well done.

Picked up a ton of quality 3D titles during the Steam sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back