What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished Mass Effect. It was great but don't really have much motivation to play through again. There were very few choices during the game which seemed impactful except
banging Williams if you chose to save her from the geth
;). What do you guys recommend for a followup? I've heard good things about the Witcher....

Just finished Mass Effect. It was great but don't really have much motivation to play through again. There were very few choices during the game which seemed impactful except
banging Williams if you chose to save her from the geth
;).
Yeah, the choices aren't all that tremendous. Most of it just comes down to seeing how different encounters play out. A number of the quests have quite a few different ways they can occur. Sure, most of the smaller quests aren't that interesting, but a fair number of the story-oriented ones can be.
For example, in the part in Noveria where you're attempting to get into the garage, there are quite a few different ways to go. One involves getting Anoleus and his "secretary" to kill each other.

The big change, I suppose, comes at the end, where you pick whether or not to save the council.

Anyway, if you want to see what kind of things are available, pick up a walkthrough and take a look.

What do you guys recommend for a followup? I've heard good things about the Witcher....
Yeah, The Witcher comes highly recommended. It can be a bit slow-paced at times, but it's a good RPG.

The choices in Witcher don't amount to too much, sadly. Just a few different quests, some slightly different dialog at the end and a few characters pissed off at you in the final chapter and epilogue. It also has poor character development. Play the game for its' plotline, which is quite interesting, and the gameplay, not the advertised choices and morality system.

Just pre-ordered the CE for Dragon Age from the EA Store (please forgive me). Free shipping and the low-low cost of $65. I'm such a sap for these things, but then I don't really buy as many games each year as I used to. I used to average 18-20 PC games/year, and now I doubt if I buy 12.

The choices in Witcher don't amount to too much, sadly. Just a few different quests, some slightly different dialog at the end and a few characters pissed off at you in the final chapter and epilogue. It also has poor character development. Play the game for its' plotline, which is quite interesting, and the gameplay, not the advertised choices and morality system.

I think the morality system is interesting actually. Ok, it doesn't change the game very much (but, it does anyway, your enemies will change sometimes because of yours choices), but it makes you feel that Geralt can't achieve a perfect situation, even if you try to remain neutral. It's a very important thing in the Witcher saga (i mean the books), and i was very happy to find that in the game.

I'm still playing assasins creed but I haven't picked it, or any other game up in 3 weeks now. I've been on holiday for 2 weeks like but got quite a bit of crazy stuff going on in my life atm thats made gaming seem a little irrelivant. Hey, its Friday tomorrow though and I have the house to myself. Thats ideal beer and computer game time :D

I think the morality system is interesting actually. Ok, it doesn't change the game very much (but, it does anyway, your enemies will change sometimes because of yours choices), but it makes you feel that Geralt can't achieve a perfect situation, even if you try to remain neutral. It's a very important thing in the Witcher saga (i mean the books), and i was very happy to find that in the game.

it don't feel that way to me. =\ It feels like they just felt like they had a story to tell, and damn the consequences. A better way to do that, IMO, would have been to have the other side been the enemies behind it, no matter which side you choose.

Saints Row 2 is there anything I can change to stop it looking like ass ?

I dont think so the game is as ugly as a PC game from 2001 in these days and runs like crap on high end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, no nothing. Thats got to be one of the worst pieces of coding in the last decade!
saintsrow2.jpg

GTA 3 here we come!

Today the eternal search for the elusive goodness lead me to a local market
where I uncovered the following slices
The Orange Box,
Half Life 2
Half Life 2 Episode One
Crysis
Mass effect
Psychonaughts
Oblivion
Myst V : end of ages

all for the agreeable price of £1 each, unfortunately all the valve games were already registered, which is a bitch
Also bought Wolfenstein which didnt cost me £1 :( but I am enjoying it
and I picked up Marvel Ultimate Alliance for £4.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back