Xbox Live ARCADE Games... definitive thread

Tap In

Legend
As impressed as I am with the recent release of Rare's JetPac Refuelled and with the news that UNO is the first XBL game to sell 1 million copies, I thought it was time to make a thread to track XBL's Arcade games that we can keep updated with the releases... :D

I never thought I'd buy these games but after trying them I now own 9 that really supplement my small library of retail games. Of course I will acknowledge that NavNucST3 is the King of Arcade (I think he owns them all :oops:)

Also with the recent announcement of a 512MB memory card as well as arcade games being allowed to go from 50MB to 150MB, there may be some even more cool titles on the horizon.

what is it?

Full Feature Set

Every Xbox 360 Xbox Live Arcade game supports the full set of Xbox 360 features. These features include hi-definition output, achievements, gamerscores, custom soundtracks, and more. In fact, most Xbox Live Arcade games support multiplayer play over Xbox Live. What's more, some of the old-school coin-op games even support multiplayer play.
Free Trial

Every Xbox Live Arcade game has a free trial version that can be downloaded to your hard drive or memory unit by anyone with an Xbox Live Silver or Gold membership! Download the game from Xbox Live and give it a try before deciding whether or not to purchase the full title. Xbox Live Arcade is powered by Xbox Live Marketplace, making the download and purchase process fast and efficient. If you decide you'd like to unlock the full version of an Arcade game, it's a simple press of a button to redeem some of your Microsoft Points, and the full game is yours to own and play.
Games list $5-$15 (most of them are $10 -800 points)

66 titles as of June 07

Most recent on top
click for full details

Arcade: Cyberball 2072

Arcade: FATAL FURY SPECIAL

Conquer the bug kingdom in Band of Bugs

Prince of Persia® Classic,
PAC-MAN Championship Edition

Mad Tracks (comes out 5/30/07)
Xevious
Rush'n Attack
Aegis Wing
Soltrio Solitaire
Double Dragon
Eets: Chowdown
CatanCentipede®/Millipede®
3D Ultra™ Minigolf
Pinball FX
Gyruss
BoomBoom Rocket
Luxor 2
Jetpac Refuelled
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Worms
Alien Hominid HD
Zuma® Deluxe!
Paperboy
Root Beer Tapper
Heavy Weapon: Atomic Tank
Ms. Pac-Man
New Rally-X™
Novadrome
Assault Heroes
RoboBlitz
ULTIMATE Mortal Kombat 3
Small Arms™
Defender
Contra
Wik: Fable of Souls
TotemBall
Lumines Live!
Dig Dug.
PAC-MAN
Street Fighter® II
DOOM
Scramble
Cloning Clyde
Galaga
Time Pilot
Texas Hold 'em
Frogger®
UNO®
Smash TV
Robotron: 2084
Outpost Kaloki X
Mutant Storm Reloaded
Joust™
Hexic® HD
Hardwood Spades
Hardwood Hearts
Hardwood Backgammon
Geometry Wars Evolved
Gauntlet®
Bejeweled 2®
Bankshot Billiards 2™
Marble Blast Ultra
Jewel Quest™
Feeding Frenzy™
Crystal Quest
Astropop™

Last edited by a moderator:
I got Uno free, how did they define "sell"?

I think the only game I bought was SF2, which I never played. I liked the demo of that Halo-esque top-down jeep shooter, what is the name? I like the idea of new original titles, but the retro stuff is pretty over priced IMO.

I just bought castlevania last night... I can't seem to resist buying SOTN (I'll probably end up with another copy when the PSP version of Rondo comes out too!). Although buying it reminded me of how much of an annoyance the point systems are -- buying 1000 points when I only needed 700 is kind of a "what the hell do they do that for" moment... it forces me to spend more money than I need to most of the time (sooner or later there would be a purchase that'll be bought with the rounded off points from every previous purchase, but you can tell this idea was from some asshat in marketing, but I digress).

I wish the dpad was better on the 360... although in SOTN it works well enough that it isn't a big hassle. The "enhanced" graphics mode of SOTN is just the old art run through one of those trashy bmp upsampling programs -- much less offensive than the "enhanced" art for double dragon though! I ended up just leaving the enhanced art on while I was playing.

I doubt I'll end up playing through SOTN again entirely, but it sure is nice to own a copy that is more or less secured for several more years.

These downloadable games from all 3 of them are almost reason enough to own all 3 consoles... Wii for classic old console games from the 16bit and before era, 360 for arcade style games of long past (and an original here n there), and PS3 for more original games (with an arcade game here n there). One of the more exciting additions to this generation.

I'm not sure how this thread will progress, as there isn't much to really talk about on just XBL alone -- a thread that gets updated with the weekly additions to all 3 stores would be kind of nice to have though.

I wish MS would get rid of the size restriction and allow developers to port any game they want to the XBL.

Like Fallout 2 =)

Mmmmmmmmmmm.

That and i want Goldeneye. I dont care about the legal struggle MS has with Nintendo over it, ffs, just release Goldeneye on both plattforms.

I recently got word that Settlers of Catan is coming in a month or so, I'm really waiting for that. And Carcassonne, my other all-time favorite is to follow in the summer. No official confirmation on the dates yet though.

Great thread! I have:

- SF2
- TMNT
- Hexic HD (came with system)

I would buy more XBLA games but not interested in the old school games such as Paperboy and Rootbeer Tapper. Hopefully more recent arcade games AND older console games such as SOTN comes out soon!

Oh, my, I hadn't even know about that! :)

Worms is frustrating at times, but fun. Given this is the first Team 17 title on XBL I can see lots more Worms versions coming and, of course, Lemmings.

Not sure about Lemmings, DMA Designs made it for Pysgonosis (sp?) which was brought by Sony. I suspect the rights are owned by Sony these days (just guessing tho, so could be wrong).

Space Giraffe is on its way soon... Yay for Jeff Minter games :)

I'm have lots of XBLA games, love em :)

I used to get lots of XBLA titles after launch, a bit less now that the 360's library has grown a lot. March was a killer month, though.

My favorite games are not old arcade ports (although TMNT was too good to pass), but rather games developed with the 360 in mind, such as GW or Assault Heroes.

I used to get lots of XBLA titles after launch, a bit less now that the 360's library has grown a lot. March was a killer month, though.

My favorite games are not old arcade ports (although TMNT was too good to pass), but rather games developed with the 360 in mind, such as GW or Assault Heroes.

My faves are Jetpac, Heavy Weapon (oh yea!) and still think Bankshot Billards 2 is as good as any physics based pool game ever. Small Arms is cool and RoboBlitz looks amazing; built on UE3 and uses procedural textures AKAIK.

As for classics, I have PacMan, Galaga and Defender (I must have spent literally $350 on that game in the arcades at $0.25 a pop :LOL:).

I bought only one game so far, and it's Small Arms. Very fun game, especially for 2 people (or more, but i have only 2 controllers).
I'm looking forward to Castle Crashers:
http://www.castlecrashers.com/
Castle Crashers seems amazing I agree, but unfortunately I think it only comes out in 2008..

XBLA is really offering a diverse library of (simple yet fun) titles. The XBLA games I own so far: UMK3, Castlevania SOTN (awesome), Alien Hominid (really difficult), Geometry Wars (very nice) and Worms (good party fun).

I wanted to download all the demos, but when I first got the 360 all I had was dial-up. Since then I upgraded to DSL so I now have all of the demos. I haven't bought any of them though. I just got the free ones. Hexic came with my console. Uno, Robotron 2084 and Totem Ball came with my Live Vision Gold Pack. Me and my wife are playing the hell out of Uno. Love the audio and video chat. Made a few friends already that we play with every night. Got my wife her own free Live Silver account with the free month of Gold service. She loves using it for Uno. We'll probably end up buying a year subscription.

I plan on buying Geometry Wars, Gauntlet, Wing Commander Arena and a few others for myself. My wife will probably get Bejewled 2 and some of the other puzzle type games. She'll probably end up playing more of the Arcade titles than anything else. I think the Arcade service does more to sell to wives and other casual gamers. Microsoft was really smart to include it in the dashboard. I'm sure once the Community Arcade starts it will explode.

Tommy McClain

I have to fight myself to not play geometry wars :( even though I suck at it, it'll still waste an hour like nothing.

Luxor 2 releases tomorrow 4/4/07

Set, the Egyptian god of chaos, again threatens the Two Lands, and you must save Ancient Egypt from his terrible wrath in Luxor 2. Wielding the powers of Isis, battle your way across Egypt. Use your mystical winged scarab to shoot magical spheres and destroy encroaching colored spheres by making matches of three or more. Stop them all before they can reach the pyramids.

Unleash the powers of Isis by catching falling power-ups. Collect gems and jewelry for bonus points, or Golden Ankh coins to earn extra lives. Defeat Set in his temple stronghold or Egypt is doomed!
  • Levels: Play through 88 explosive levels with 13 new bonus rounds.
  • Difficulty: Choose from four levels of difficulty, including the mind-bending Challenge of Horus.
  • Modes: Experience four awesome modes of play— Adventure, Practice, Survival, and Pharaoh's Challenge.
  • Power-ups: Collect 13 exciting power-ups including the new Lightning Storm and Pharaoh's Dagger.
  • Rankings: The player ranking system has 100 levels from Farm Hand to Pharaoh of the Two Lands.

Back